Preston Brooks, At Your Service

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
Preston_Brooks

Preston Brooks, At Your Service

Post by Preston_Brooks » 24 Jun 2011, 19:45

Well after about a month of playing on the server I felt it was high time to actively participate on the forums. Thankfully an illness has granted me a few days off from my hectic work schedule to do so!

I have already conversed with a few of you on the server, but for those of you that do not yet know me, my name on the server is the same as the forums, Preston_Brooks. I am currently beginning my final year at college where I am studying History, Government, and Philosophy. My love of history has bled into minecraft, as most of the buildings I construct are scale models of historical sites.

When minecraft first came out I made a conscious effort to avoid it for the same reason I avoid games like WOW. I have the eye of a perfectionist, and I believed that as soon as I downloaded MC I would be hooked. This prediction turned out to be all too true, for when a few friends picked up the game I found myself unable to resist its siren song any longer, and I have been building ever since. Thankfully, with the advent of summer I no longer need to skip class to play!

Escapecraft was recommended to me by a friend who plays on this server under the name Chapelz. This was actually my first stab at playing MC online, so I was not sure what to expect. I headed for the wilds of terra, found a nice patch of land in the shadow of a doom fortress (but with few actual neighbors) and build a pyramid. Then another. Then a third. Then I knocked down my first to build a bigger one. And so on. As my projects grew larger I met some friendly faces, helpful mods, and saw the great character of the community. It was at this time I decided to make an effort to be a part of it.

I look forward to seeing you all the server! If anyone is ever in need of anything, as the title of this post suggests, I am always willing to help.

Onecanofsprite

Re: Preston Brooks, At Your Service

Post by Onecanofsprite » 25 Jun 2011, 03:32

Welcome!
"Shoutouts to the peaceful Skeleton community"

vallorn

Re: Preston Brooks, At Your Service

Post by vallorn » 25 Jun 2011, 06:59

welcome. im sure you will enjoy conversing with Louis Mountbatten. ;)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick