"Hello my name is:" Luke

New to the server or forum? Introduce yourself here.
TLuke222

"Hello my name is:" Luke

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 20:22

I was born in Illinois, My mom works in Chicago. I live in Michigan City, IN. I live with my mom, my dad, my sister, and two cats. I have an attention dissorder, and i argue ALOT. I'm sorry if you take my style of debate as "harsh, heavy, oppressive, beligerent, and or rude" , but this is how i express my opinion. This server is ok, I've never liked the way promotions are handled. The staff is usually helpful and responsive. Its the 3rd best I've seen so far, and and i hope to spend many more (relatively) happy hours on this server.
I'm the Zork Town planner.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator

Generation 28 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

"Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
-Arthur Weasley

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: "Hello my name is:" Luke

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jul 2011, 20:29

TLuke222 wrote:I'm sorry if you take my style of debate as "harsh, heavy, oppressive, beligerent, and or rude" , but this is how i express my opinion.
Others learn to adapt when they realise it doesn't get them anywhere.
This server is ok, I've never liked the way promotions are handled.
I assume you would if we promoted you, but the attitude you've displayed in the forums, in-game and in this very thread shows an immaturity and lack of self-control that are your fault, not the way the server handles things.
The staff is usually helpful and responsive.
Yes, it responds pretty quickly to when you are being rude towards others.
Its the 3rd best I've seen so far, and and i hope to spend many more (relatively) happy hours on this server.
This entire post has been tailored towards insulting the server. And you wonder why nobody is nice to you.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 20:31

Any non-discriminate viewers, "The staff is usually helpful and responsive." Exhibit A (see Lord's above post). USUALLY
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:This entire post has been tailored towards insulting the server. And you wonder why nobody is nice to you.
So i guess my being born in Illinois is insulting the server.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Generation 28 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

"Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
-Arthur Weasley

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jul 2011, 20:34

We also usually have a very nice, well-mannered and friendly community.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 20:35

I know.

I'm sorry for expressing my opinion
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 11 Jul 2011, 20:44

oh good god this thread is going downhill fast.

also Luke you know im a nice guy but what Lord said IS TRUE!

hell admiting what you are bad at is amazingly good for yourself and other peoples view of you. (for example i get overexited too easily and am rather implusive)

and anyway whenever anyone criticizes you even if its to help you you get all defensive and angry at them. it doesnt endear you to the Mods who are just there to help (or in Lords case make money :lol: )

(oh god that post of mine is all over the place)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

BrainDeadHam

Post by BrainDeadHam » 11 Jul 2011, 20:48

I must agree with luke lord. you tend to treat both of us like we are lower life forms than you. I'm sure that at one time you were the same rank as we were (doubtful) How would you have felt if someone just shunned you away when you attempted to voice your opinion? hm? perhaps if you treated some of the players with a little sense of respect we wouldn't be having this argument. I can tell lord, you have hated me from the start and you know it. so? are we going to put all this junk behind and just embrace the fact that both me and luke are both slightly different that the normal player?
Well Im teh Chimbley Sweep I am.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 20:50

I don't see why you guys think that I am denying the fact that I rude. I'm just pointing out that this community is rude right back (eccept for vallorn and brain, thanx).
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jul 2011, 20:51

Variance is a good thing, including variance of opinion, but there is absolutely no excuse to be constantly and unjustifiably rude to everyone else when voicing one's opinion. There are many ways you can say what you think without having to resort to passive-aggressive or even overt insults, which is what you do time and time again.

I do not treat either with you with respect because you do not treat anyone else in the community with respect.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 20:53

Oke dokey. End of conversation, put down by the man once again. CAN SOMEONE LOCK THIS TOPIC?
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jul 2011, 20:55

Put down by the man? What is this, the 60s? I told you how you could improve your standing with people, which last time I checked was actually constructive.

BrainDeadHam

Post by BrainDeadHam » 11 Jul 2011, 20:56

what a load of bs! I've been nice to any person i can but ive been promptly ignored! the only reason i become aggressive is when another player becomes aggressive toward me! fine! perhaps it would be better if i never said anything at all EVER! i can be a nice person lord, but the constant criticism you use is really pushing me off the edge lord. just relax and stop judging everyone. no ones perfect. nothing is or ever will be
Well Im teh Chimbley Sweep I am.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 21:00

Thanx for saying what i couldn't brain.

I'm sorry lord, I tried to be nice. It just never works for me.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

Jesus Christ

Post by Jesus Christ » 11 Jul 2011, 21:06

I don't hate you.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 21:07

Thanx Jesus.
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

Jesus Christ

Post by Jesus Christ » 11 Jul 2011, 21:08

No problem, buddy.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 11 Jul 2011, 21:10

TLuke222 wrote:I'm sorry lord, I tried to be nice. It just never works for me.
I consider this to be a positive comment, one that invites assistance. Honestly, if you kept trying to be more like this you'd make more friends, and have more fun, on this server.

TLuke222

Post by TLuke222 » 11 Jul 2011, 21:14

Yeah, I'm on a roll. I aready have fun on the server, making pvp free was a big step for you guys and im quite enjoying it, but ur right if every one responded to my posts like you just did, I'd be, like, a star.

*through gritted teeth* MUST RESIST URGE TO BE SNIDE!
\/ funny stuff \/
Spoiler! :
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

-Arthur Weasley

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 11 Jul 2011, 21:49

Ignoring the insults you have sparked my interest, can you please tell me in a pm what other 2 severs are in your eyes better then us and why?

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 12 Jul 2011, 05:58

I like the smell of flamebait in the morning.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."