tnt cuboid

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Wildwill002

tnt cuboid

Post by Wildwill002 » 25 Feb 2011, 05:35

If you make a tnt mine and the cuboid it and an area around it does the tnt still create a crater and not respawn when someone steps on it or does it explode and respawn the blocks it destroyed therfore making and infini-mine
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

vallorn

Re: tnt cuboid

Post by vallorn » 25 Feb 2011, 06:31

Wildwill002 wrote:If you make a tnt mine and the cuboid it and an area around it does the tnt still create a crater and not respawn when someone steps on it or does it explode and respawn the blocks it destroyed therfore making and infini-mine
it explodes as normal if it is your TNT and if it is someone elses then it either cannot be placed or if it was placed beforehand it detonates as normal.

and this should be in Support i think.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 25 Feb 2011, 22:22

The only explosions that won't resolve as normal are creeper blasts. This was set up to prevent griefers from kiting and setting off creepers in cuboided areas.

GryMor

Post by GryMor » 28 Feb 2011, 03:27

Does this mean that tnt cannons can bombard cuboided areas? *cringes*

Do I need to make an obsidian wall to protect things?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 28 Feb 2011, 03:39

oh god Blackadders got a 4 shot TNT cannon... NO CUBOID IS SAFE!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 28 Feb 2011, 14:40

GryMor wrote:Does this mean that tnt cannons can bombard cuboided areas? *cringes*

That would actually be worth testing. I doubt that most griefers would go to all the trouble needed to assemble a cannon, though.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 28 Feb 2011, 15:42

SachielOne wrote:
GryMor wrote:Does this mean that tnt cannons can bombard cuboided areas? *cringes*

That would actually be worth testing. I doubt that most griefers would go to all the trouble needed to assemble a cannon, though.
why dont we test it with Blackie's cannon and some cuboided hut?
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SachielOne
Site Contributor

Post by SachielOne » 01 Mar 2011, 10:39

And for those keeping track, this topic is why TNT is currently banned. At least we figured this one out before the griefers did.

Still, it is a lot for griefers to go through to do some damage. They would have needed to:
- Play for 35 hours to gain access to TNT (difficult, but as the Mill City incident proved, some are willing to take the time to do that)
- Locate at least 3 diamonds to make a pick for obsidian mining OR gather enough lava buckets to cast the cannon in place
- Kill enough creepers OR gain access to a mob dropper to get enough funpowder to make the TNT
- Actually build the cannon without anyone noticing

Hmm, I guess the first step is the only really hard one.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Mar 2011, 12:56

SachielOne wrote:And for those keeping track, this topic is why TNT is currently banned. At least we figured this one out before the griefers did.

Still, it is a lot for griefers to go through to do some damage. They would have needed to:
- Play for 35 hours to gain access to TNT (difficult, but as the Mill City incident proved, some are willing to take the time to do that)
- Locate at least 3 diamonds to make a pick for obsidian mining OR gather enough lava buckets to cast the cannon in place
- Kill enough creepers OR gain access to a mob dropper to get enough funpowder to make the TNT

id like to think that people would notice a ruddy great cannon being built nearby. and i thank weve had precisly one incedent of major Vet Griefing (mill city) so thats statisitcly irrelevant.

CURSE YOU WILDWILL FOR GETTING MAH TNT BANNED! *i needed it for IC!*

okay one last thing. if your scared of Vet Griefers why not make TNT VIPVET only? ive never heard of a VIPVET going on a griefing rampage.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 01 Mar 2011, 12:59

vallorn wrote:
SachielOne wrote:And for those keeping track, this topic is why TNT is currently banned. At least we figured this one out before the griefers did.

id like to think that people would notice a ruddy great cannon being built nearby. and i thank weve had precisly one incedent of major Vet Griefing (mill city) so thats statisitcly irrelevant.

CURSE YOU WILDWILL FOR GETTING MAH TNT BANNED! *i needed it for IC!*

okay one last thing. if your scared of Vet Griefers why not make TNT VIPVET only? ive never heard of a VIPVET going on a griefing rampage.
We won't deny a natural gameplay element because a player hasn't paid the server money. That would be ridiculous.

All perks from donations are not core elements of the game but are rather special abilities not normal to the game.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Mar 2011, 13:58

okay but its just that TNT has become so widely used that removing it now will mess up a lot of peoples plans.

im all out of ideas so im gonna stop arguing.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 01 Mar 2011, 14:03

vallorn wrote:okay but its just that TNT has become so widely used that removing it now will mess up a lot of peoples plans.

im all out of ideas so im gonna stop arguing.

(Joke)

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Mar 2011, 14:07

hey i was stopping as i had nothing else constructive to add... i could always just keep arguing if youd rather.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!