Original inventions ?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Zinrius
Retired

Original inventions ?

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 16:52

Have you created MC structures that did amazing or amusing things that no one has ever thought off before ?

Like for example, that thing when you put glass between fire and water ( water being above ) and the water sizzles from time to time, which is pretty cool.

That sort of silly stuff, or perhaps bigger things!

Another question would be "What is your favorite invention so far?" ( post pictures of your work if you could please )

Examples:
Cobble Machine
Cactus Farmer
TNT Cannon ( my favorite )
Mob Tower
Last edited by Zinrius on 13 Apr 2011, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Byroe

Re: Original inventions ?

Post by Byroe » 13 Apr 2011, 17:03

My slot machine. when i read the entry on the minecraft wiki about dispensers, i instantly thought SLOT MACHINE.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 17:04

Byroe wrote:My slot machine. when i read the entry on the minecraft wiki about dispensers, i instantly thought SLOT MACHINE.
Oh, sounds fun. Picture ?

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 13 Apr 2011, 17:57

I would like to present you my favourite toy, my TNT cannon :ugeek:
this baby can shoot 4 tnt at once with the ability to be individually set on range each gun is capable of shooting at 3 different ranges but if modified this count could easely go up. With this system i am 100% sure that i can make it grow to astleast as big as 16 cannons with only using 1 button, my current cannon uses 2 levers but i blew my front of multiple times when i fergot to turn the power off on a reload. I dont want to go into further detail untill i made it as big as possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 13 Apr 2011, 18:06

:D I made a TNT bomber for Lath to use in her Raven Empire invasion liberation. I built and tested it in SP first; uploading a video of it now, will update when it's done. :D

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 18:08

MKindy wrote::D I made a TNT bomber for Lath to use in her Raven Empire invasion liberation. I built and tested it in SP first; uploading a video of it now, will update when it's done. :D
Oh I would love to see that in action.

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 13 Apr 2011, 18:13

If anyone knows of the Piston mod, you probably know that a number of people built self-repairing bridges with it. These were fine, but kind of slow (they only repaired one block at a time) so I attempted to create one that worked at triple speed. I was mildly successful--the design is good, but I can't work out the redstone. :?

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 13 Apr 2011, 18:35

Hm,, well it looks like upgrading my gun to 8 tnt was only a matter of minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 13 Apr 2011, 18:45

Destruction! :twisted:

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 13 Apr 2011, 18:58

i like the use of delayers,

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 19:08

MKindy wrote:

Destruction! :twisted:
Oooh that looks fun. :3

Now it needs to look prettie.

Perhaps a round shell ( or round-ish ) that says C.U.T. or RAVEN on the side made from obsidian, glow stone and lapis ? :D

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 13 Apr 2011, 19:10

Zinrius wrote:Oooh that looks fun. :3

Perhaps a round shell ( or round-ish ) that says C.U.T. or RAVEN on the side made from obsidian, glow stone and lapis ? :D
:D There's one standing by outside Bastion waiting for a final makeover to those very materials.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 19:13

MKindy wrote:
Zinrius wrote:Oooh that looks fun. :3

:D There's one standing by outside Bastion waiting for a final makeover to those very materials.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 13 Apr 2011, 20:39

i made a revoloutinary cobble genarator. takes one lava and one water to make about 30 cobble
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 13 Apr 2011, 20:58

michaeld20 wrote:i made a revoloutinary cobble genarator. takes one lava and one water to make about 30 cobble
Ah, thanks for reminding me, I have to work on mine.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Apr 2011, 05:18

i made a Redstone>Obsidian generator ;) 1 water and 1 Lava +Xredstone=XObsidian.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 14 Apr 2011, 09:23

donkypoink wrote:I would like to present you my favourite toy, my TNT cannon :ugeek:
this baby can shoot 4 tnt at once with the ability to be individually set on range each gun is capable of shooting at 3 different ranges but if modified this count could easely go up. With this system i am 100% sure that i can make it grow to astleast as big as 16 cannons with only using 1 button, my current cannon uses 2 levers but i blew my front of multiple times when i fergot to turn the power off on a reload. I dont want to go into further detail untill i made it as big as possible
my tnt cannon got blown up by a creeper when i was loading it. talk about irony -.-
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 14 Apr 2011, 09:36

The Begging Box possibly.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 14 Apr 2011, 11:56

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:The Begging Box possibly.
This wins the thread.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 14 Apr 2011, 16:18

The only thing I can think of making that I am slightly proud of cause I designed it on my own is the Super Tower. It's very simple and plain, but I like simple, ordered things. It's a simple straight up and down tower with a 16x16 base, all the floors it can muster, as well as an intricate Stairwell system. It's been through a few revisions, and the reason for a new revision was because SOMETHING happened to it:

Super Tower Version 1.0: Made in single player back in Alpha, didn't have a basement and was made of wood. It never actually finished completion The World File got erased when I messed up with Minecraft Folder.

Super Tower Version 2.0: Created in Version1 of Escapia. It was completed and looking good. Then I made the mistake of allowing Blackadder51 to have a room in one of the floors. He asked me if he could put a fireplace in. After much testing in a "controlled" environment I said yes to his idea. The place burnt down to a crisp, but NOT after Blackadder diligently tried to save it by putting water EVERYWHERE to contain the fire. But nothing can stop Blackadder Fire! There some fire suppressed, but not extinguished that as soon as the water was removed it lit up again and burned what remained intact to the ground.

Super Tower Version 3.0: This one was in the same place as 2.0 after it's demise. I dunno why, but I decided to continue making it out of wood :x . This one however would have a basement section all the way to bedrock, and incorporate a water-based down Elevator system in the shaft of the Stairwell. Construction was good up until one day a rollback occurred. What had happened was before the rollback, I had snuffed out a lava splurge deep down below. Then when the rollback came, it reverted to a time when the Lava was still there. Long story short; the building went up in flames and burnt to the ground again during construction. I did eventually fix the problem and DID finish the building with the help of a few fellow escapians.

Super Tower Version 4.0: It was also know as the Super Hotel 1.0, but I tried to make it with the simplicity of the previous towers. It was made in Escapia Version 2 and wasn't too far of a distance from the Central City. This was supposed be one of my greatest feats of a Mega Project (for 1 person anyway). It had a base of 100x50, would incorporate the cool [Lift] system for elevators and each floor would have 10 rooms with plenty of space. It also was to be made of Cobblestone, as by that time I had Painterly make Cobblestone look not-ugly and was sick of worrying of it burning down. I barely got one floor made when Mobs and Health were introduced. I didn't light it up much at all. The roof was big enough to cause enough darkness to create I suppose one of the worst "mob tower" you could think of. I pretty much left it alone after that point, and even stopped playing Minecraft for a while afterwards.

Super Tower Version 5.0 (current version): This version has been redone in the style of 1.0 through 3.0, except with a bigger 20x20 Base, made Entirely out of cobblestone, moved the stairwell and elevator to the back, included much more windows for outside viewing, and all of it done in Single Player so mobs can't spawn in it... and So Blackadder and Lava can't ruin it. I made it not long after I got back into playing Minecraft again and just wanted something to hold onto for something that I truly created, and how its come such a long way from its inception back when I first player Minecraft in Alpha.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7503 ... ower50.png

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2771 ... r50far.png

Oh, I also made a Statue of myself in Single Player too. Not really an invention or something but I still like it:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8782 ... statue.png