Town names

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
FUDAAA

Town names

Post by FUDAAA » 05 Jan 2012, 06:04

I need a good name for my town it's in west borjan just b4 first stop if you have any suggests please leave a comment

andy25100
Retired

Re: Town names

Post by andy25100 » 05 Jan 2012, 07:18

I hear that 'town' is a popular suggestion :lol:
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 05 Jan 2012, 08:33

[b]How to make a good town name[/b] wrote:
Step1: observe your terrain and try and see if it can inspire your name. (Skytown, Sky Fortress, Frost)

Step2: select a special "Theme" for your town and try and use it as part of a name (MagmaVale, Branchscape, Corinth)

Step3: if neither of these work, attempt mashing 2-3 words together till you find something that sounds good. (Darkhaven, Tulonville)
hope that helps you out.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

random980

Post by random980 » 05 Jan 2012, 10:23

What vall said is very true and (as far as i care to think of right now) actually applies to just about every damn town in escapia. I named my town Solar City. Why? Cause its in the air (close to the sun, also has a vibrant sunny theme to it) and its a city. Although Vall did fail to mention a step.
Step4: if you cant get a decant name by mashing to words together, name the town after a preferred fictional town.
Example: powerfulkingt's town, Blackthorn, is actually named after a town with the same name in a pokemon game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 05 Jan 2012, 11:12

random980 wrote: Step4: if you cant get a decant name by mashing to words together, name the town after a preferred fictional town.
Example: powerfulkingt's town, Blackthorn, is actually named after a town with the same name in a pokemon game.
In relation to this, you could also try naming your town to reference a fictional character or creature that you happen to like. For example, my town Modokia, is named in reference to the Marvel supervillan M.O.D.O.K. because I find his ineptitude amusing.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

FUDAAA

Post by FUDAAA » 06 Jan 2012, 02:24

Thanks for your help still have no idea what to call it but im thinking some think to do with grass but for now it's just fudaaasville

singh44s

Post by singh44s » 06 Jan 2012, 12:15

andy25100 wrote:I hear that 'town' is a popular suggestion :lol:
FUDAAA wrote:Thanks for your help still have no idea what to call it but im thinking some think to do with grass but for now it's just fudaaasville
So... "Townsville"? ;-)
Precedent(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townsville ... biguation)

As a less silly note: Bladeston, Mulch Hills, Clipping Falls, Haymonton, Astroturf Canyon, (running out of grass-related terminology ... umm) Crabb Meadows? Actually, you can just switch out the left half of all of those with "Green" and they'd still sorta work.

Actually, here, try combining something from list A with something from list B (add your own too!):

List A:
  • Arbor
    Astroturf
    Blade
    Bonsai
    Clipping
    Conifer
    Corona
    Crabb
    Green
    Hay
    Mulch
List B:
    Hills
    -monton
    Canyon
    Meadows
    Gulch
    Bend
    Circle
    End
    Flats
    Pastures
    Fork
    Lakes

random980

Post by random980 » 07 Jan 2012, 01:39

Bonsai Pastures sounds good. You could even give it a bit of an oriental theme too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

FUDAAA

Post by FUDAAA » 07 Jan 2012, 04:23

I'm thinking westside fields what do you guys think would you live there?