The Escapiean Block Society

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
sgtwisky
Retired

The Escapiean Block Society

Post by sgtwisky » 26 Feb 2014, 16:59

Welcome one and all to the Official Escapiean Block Society Thread ! What is the EBS? Who is in it? Why do you care? These questions and more shall be answered here ! I will do my best to keep the OP updated with the latest info about our group, so don't be afraid to come back and see our latest news.

What is the EBS:
The Escapiean Block Society(EBS) is a group of like minded Gentlemen and GentleWomen who sit at the top of Escapecraft's financial peek(we owns all the dirt). We are masters of high society(insert fart joke) and strive to use our vast influence and power to better the lives of those below us.

What does the EBS actually do?
We use our power and influence to build great public works(like rails or roads between towns or public farms), organize multi-town events, host stripper parties, and peruse the betterment of Escapia.

The Escapiean Block Society is open to suggestions from both members and non-members for projects or Multi Town event types.

Current Events/Projects:
Spoiler! :
Town Owners: Please get the word out to your town! Then let me know how many participants you think your town will have.

Farms Project:
Work is going slow as I have been preoccupied. If anyone can donate quartz it would be very helpful.
News:
Spoiler! :
  • Our first ever event was a bust.... the server decided to die and by the time it was fixed I wasn't around. We will try again another time. Hopefully with some better advertising by myself and the town owners.
  • Work on the Public farms near spawn has begun! Check out the Events/Projects section.
EBS Member Types and their Roles:
Spoiler! :
  • Board Member - Board Members get together and decide on the projects or events that the EBS will focus on. We also try to provide most of if not ALL of the supplies needed for our tasks.
  • EBS Town Owner - Town Owners are players that own towns(duh) and want to participate in multi town events or use their town resources for EBS projects, such as road building. Town Owners may be asked to host events at their town and if they accept may need to supply things like space, proper GP perms for said space ect.
  • Associate - Associates are people that are willing when needed to donate time to events or projects. They may also be asked for supplies for projects(for example a general request to all Associates for stone brick to build a bridge if they can spare it).
  • If you would like to be part of the EBS please PM me and let me know!
Current Members:
Spoiler! :
  • sgtwisky - Founder
  • arizons - Associate
  • Thelepearchauns - Associate
  • RobipodSupreme - Associate
  • Modocam - Associate
  • haxxorzd00d - Director
  • Dominikvl9965 - EBS Town Owner
  • Losarot - Associate
  • Dnlvickers5 - Associate
  • Tothewhat - EBS Town Owner
  • likehelly - Associate
  • Greenisbest - Associate
Q&A:
Spoiler! :
Q:
What worlds will EBS be focused on?
A:
For now just TNA. If something arises with another new world in the future we may look into opening a branch there as well.

Q:
Is this part of the events team on escapecraft or will we be working with them?
A:
We are NOT part of the events team and our events are separate from server events. This means we do not have any admin support and cannot do anything that a normal player cannot do in survival. That being said if we pool our abilities together I am sure that we can have some fun events/projects.

Q:
How often will we have events or projects?
A:
The short answer is when we want to and have the ability to pull it off. We do not have to have monthly or weekly anything. This should give us the time we need to prepare, build or take breaks when we need to.

Q:
I would like to be a member but don't have much time to devote to minecraft right now, what can I do to help?
A:
Well you can help donate supplies when we have an upcoming project or event, you can help by suggesting prizes or projects or events ! You can simply let us use part of a claim "if you have space and are cool with us using it" for events or to allow a road to pass through your land. If you want to help but are not sure how you can just ask me or a director or even your town owner if there is anything you can do! You can also ask your town owner to join if they are not part of us ! Don't try to pester them into it though ! we don't want to bully anyone into cooperating, that's just not fun at all.

Q:
Why did you (sgtwisky) start the EBS?
A:
I wanted to help keep the community together for the most part. I noticed that in towns once you build your house and farms are built, unless there is a large project you can help in it gets stagnate. My idea was to engage players (mostly in towns) and give them something to work towards as a group. For example a contest where the town that is best decorated for a holiday could win a prize, and the "best" players home could also get something. I hoped this would give a little more meaning to towns and a reason to stay and work together after you've "finished". It also allows players with lots of stuff (like me in old survival with over a stack of dia blocks) to use some of what we have sitting around. This way our survival experience doesn't end up being a slightly more grindy creative mode.

Q:
If there are going to be events will there be prizes for them?
A:
Yes! In fact I hope to not only give away in game items like diamonds or building materials, but (providing I have the means) to purchase donor ranks or kits from time to time as prizes.

Q:
How will EBS manage to get the prizes to give away?
A:
Most of it will be donations of its members. with the help of the towns that join, and the other members and myself I don't think it will be too much of an issue to give items away.
Past Events and Projects Archive:
SOOON..... This will be added once we need it.
Opportunity knocks but once, Temptation leans on the door bell.

The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

Thelepearchauns
Retired

Re: The Escapiean Block Society

Post by Thelepearchauns » 26 Feb 2014, 19:01

Lord Lepearchauns of the northern manor wishes to join :P
Lep
Or its a key all the time...and when you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death
-Church and Caboose

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 26 Feb 2014, 19:15

Lol on survival I'm rich out of my mind but on TNA I'm a fisherman so yeah, maybe later when I start actually mining I'll join up.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 26 Feb 2014, 20:02

You will find no complaints here LS, Currently im not nearly as wealthy as I was on survival. My thinking was that the earlier I can get people to join, the sooner we might be able to start preparing for the bigger things. and in the meantime we can do smaller stuffs.

The limit of the Willing Suspension of Disbelief for a given element is directly proportional to the element's awesomeness.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 26 Feb 2014, 20:03

Thelepearchauns wrote:Lord Lepearchauns of the northern manor wishes to join :P
What possition did you want to be in Thelepearchauns?

Thelepearchauns
Retired

Post by Thelepearchauns » 26 Feb 2014, 23:28

Associate for now. I am still building my shire
Lep
Or its a key all the time...and when you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death
-Church and Caboose

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 27 Feb 2014, 02:33

I also request associatedness, plz plz.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 27 Feb 2014, 12:29

I'm fairly well off in TNA, and I like this project, but currently I am using my riches to finance a new company for the exploration and exploitation of the world, if EBS would like to join me on this venture, I can't promise equal returns, but it will be a good ride.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 27 Feb 2014, 12:37

lol MrWhales, I like how your plans look like the complete opposite of what we are doing ! Well I like world domination and such so maybe we can.... work out some kind of arrangement?

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 27 Feb 2014, 14:56

Dominikvl9965 and his town wishes to join.
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

motormaniac
Retired

Post by motormaniac » 27 Feb 2014, 22:50

I like this idea. Ask if you ever need supplies for one of your projects, I should be able to help a bit.

Losarot
Retired

Post by Losarot » 28 Feb 2014, 00:14

I would love to part of this, :) i already had planned on doing much gardening within TNA. Beautification is one of the major facets of this new world for me, if we wish to avoid those cobble eyesores and empty creeper potholes all over :P

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 12 Mar 2014, 00:19

Updated OP with our first project. More details to come when I get them. In the meantime please let me know what you think and/or your ideas for the project. :mrgreen:

Losarot
Retired

Post by Losarot » 13 Mar 2014, 01:55

I have a lovely little spot i think might work for this project. Get ahold of me in game or just come by my place, and check out the desert basin behind the villa, i was thinking about making it all spruced up anyhow.

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 13 Mar 2014, 19:47

Sweet, Losarot. I will make sure to hit you up in game next time I see you !

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 13 Mar 2014, 22:53

Updated the OP with the current info on the public farms project.

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 17 Mar 2014, 17:59

I am, unfortunately, dirt poor. But I am a wizz with redstone and appreciate what you are doing. If you ever need some contraptions made, you can call me out.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 25 Mar 2014, 11:00

I would like to take a moment to celebrate Tothewhat and Kokiri Village joining the EBS ! With this Our first multi town even will be coming soon so keep watching !

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 25 Mar 2014, 11:34

Sign me up as an associate, now that I got a bit of resources to kill.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 25 Mar 2014, 12:08

You sir have been added.

likehelly

Post by likehelly » 25 Mar 2014, 16:14

i want to be a part of this thingy

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 26 Mar 2014, 11:19

Congrats likehelly ! you have joined the EBS !

likehelly

Post by likehelly » 26 Mar 2014, 13:45

awwww, yeah

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 26 Mar 2014, 16:05

So when are we told what we are helping with?

Tehbeard

Post by Tehbeard » 27 Mar 2014, 07:48

Dang communists trying to steal the profits of Beard-Tec

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 27 Mar 2014, 11:16

*Cough cough* What is this, treading on my toes? Scoundrels!

I'm kidding (if you hadn't guessed).

I'm actually completely skint in legit blocks in TNA and I can't play Minecraft at the moment, but when I'm up and running again I'm happy to help out on beautification projects (the kind of thing I used to do, like building all the hills around LS' town and the garden's in Afly's castle). I don't have enough of an interest left in the general grind of MC to supply you with a lot of materials though. I'm pretty sure that in most instances the rules prevent me from using WE to help you out, but if you ever need that sort of thing I can do that too.
WWTDD

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 01 Apr 2014, 12:40

Greetings my fellow Escapieans ! I am here to announce that the first ever multi-town event is here ! Get your saddles ready and your spurs out, You will need them to win the first EBS Horse Derby !

Note: Pigs ARE allowed in the race but not advised.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 02 Apr 2014, 05:27

Tehbeard wrote:Dang communists trying to steal the profits of Beard-Tec

Would Beard-Tec be interested in buying out Cetus Supplies?

I'll set out an offer of 5 seeds

sgtwisky
Retired

Post by sgtwisky » 02 Apr 2014, 20:21

MrWhales wrote:I'll set out an offer of 5 seeds
This smells like a fishy deal to me beard.... You should take it !

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 05 Apr 2014, 22:52

Sgt, I'll talk to some members of Kokiri to see if they're interested (tomorrow).
I'll let you know.
Spoiler! :