Horizons

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Horizons

Post by Tulonsae » 03 Oct 2014, 15:53

I've been playing on Horizons the last couple of weeks. My place is west of spawn, across the bay from Derigin, next to Sti's place, and attached to the village. (Not Beard's village which is east, the other one.)

I've protected the village and lit it up and built more buildings (in a similar style). Can't get the villagers to breed even though there are now enough doors. There is an entrance gate on each of the main cardinal directions, and a stairway entrance up to my place. (Eventually, I will build a house up there.)

At great labour, I lured 2 cows and 2 sheep over to my place. I bred enough sheep to put some outside my place on the beaches and the plains. You're welcome to take a couple for your own. Just try to breed a couple of young ones to replace them.

I will eventually put some cows out there, too. In the meantime, if you live over in our area, you can (for now) use my cow pens. There's a sign that says to leave at least 12+ cows alive. Just breed some. If you don't have wheat, there is wheat, carrots, and potatoes in the village. Make sure you replant the same thing back into the soil.

One of the villagers will trade a diamond chest piece for around 11 emeralds (I think).

Also, I spent several MC days getting acacia saplings. And I've started an acacia forest on the plains - south-ish of the village and west-ish of Sti's stables. Please replant.

Oh, and watch out for the ravine which is north of the village. It's easy to overlook and fall in. I'll put a fence around the top soon.

I've lit up most of the plains, but that doesn't mean you can't claim a spot and build something. Play nice.

And Shadow has build a LONG, LONG tunnel (1500 blocks) from over in his area to our plains. There's the beginning of a build there. Feel free to travel. The acacia forest is just south of that building site.

I'll be adding more torches to the area to make it safer.

I think Deri and Sti are planning to make an underwater tunnel - under the bay.

And we're thinking (Shadow, Deri, Sti, and whoever else) about getting a rail system going.

Other folks nearby are welcome to add ideas and such to this thread.

Have fun!!!
--Tulonsae

Modocam
Team Enigma

Re: Horizons

Post by Modocam » 04 Oct 2014, 12:02

Im pretty nearby and I'm building a tunnel to the ocean monument so everyone can have access to the guardian fellas outside, was considering making something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpeYiGowqWk
That'd be a big project that the community could do together, idk maybe its too big

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 05 Oct 2014, 11:51

Is there a diagram where someone can see it at a glance rather than listening/watching a 9 min video?
--Tulonsae

Modocam
Team Enigma

Post by Modocam » 05 Oct 2014, 15:43

Just skip ahead in the video a little, not sure if I'm going to do it to that scale or not, we'll see

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 06 Oct 2014, 16:06

Over the last few days, I've added an enchantment table, a brewing stand, and an anvil in my home.

We've dirted over the ravine so players and horses would stop falling in. It's lit up inside so no mobs.

There are horses in the village proper and the general area. Feel free to take some. Just don't take any horses that are obviously in someone's pen. (Like mine at my house.)

And I can't remember if I mentioned that I started an Acacia forest nearby. Feel free to chop, but please replant.
--Tulonsae

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 07 Oct 2014, 08:43

I have found a little oasis type tree bump in a mesa, so have claimed it as my own. There is a crafting bench and a sign.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

Stygian_Inquirer

Post by Stygian_Inquirer » 27 Nov 2014, 15:19

My place is in the extreme south of the map between Shadow's place and Hytro's place. I, with the help of hellraisingfairy, built a subterranean rail tunnel connecting my claim to Mystic Vale, a town that already has almost half a dozen inhabitants. I am currently building a public zombie spawner XP farm that connects to the rail tunnel (it will have a public anvil (to be replaced periodically), enchantment table (with bookshelves) and crafting table. In the near future, I hope to expand my rail tunnel to meet up with Shadow's.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 30 Nov 2014, 12:08

Sounds pretty cool- I've always liked the idea of setting up big tube lines. Maybe I should dig a railway station next time I'm on...
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

Stygian_Inquirer

Post by Stygian_Inquirer » 02 Dec 2014, 18:39

As an update, I have completed the public zombie XP farm. You access it through the rail tunnel I built and it is closest to the station in my claim. In there is also a public enchanting table with maximum enchanting level and an anvil (that will be periodically replaced if it gets used up) and a crafting table. Enjoy!

Losarot
Retired

Post by Losarot » 07 Dec 2014, 14:32

Sorry I have not been on for a while, when I have the internet I have too much work and when I dont have too much work... I always have too much work who am I kidding.
But finals are here and maybe I will have some down time soon :)

likehelly

Post by likehelly » 16 Dec 2014, 05:40

hi there.

i really should play more, but i get weird ass lag on the Hori server.

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 17 Dec 2014, 05:32

I've been finding it much laggier than TNA as well
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(