Thanksgiving- How is everyone

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Losarot
Retired

Thanksgiving- How is everyone

Post by Losarot » 23 Nov 2014, 01:22

Hi Everybody, I know things are at a much slower pace around here these days then in the past. But I really want everyone to try to keep in touch even if its just every so often here on the boards.
It seems like many of us still play but maybe not always at the same time or days of the week. I know with all that is going on for me in my life that my play time has been cut down a bit but I try to pop in even for a few moments to say hello.

If you would not mind saying hello and talking about whats going on with you lately that would be awesome. For me its the Thanksgiving holiday coming up so that means only two days of school before having to deal with family for a couple of days , id rather be in school :lol:
This year I have learned a LOT about what it means have responsibilty by being the Student body president of my college, things started off rocky but me and the team really have done a great job learning the ropes. Hopefully the second half of the year goes well, if nothing else I am learning how to manage an office.

Anything exciting with you guys?

minnerthecat
Retired

Re: Thanksgiving- How is everyone

Post by minnerthecat » 23 Nov 2014, 10:02

Hey there everyone!
For me, I've just been trying to keep on top of my workload at school. The semester at my university is almost over and all of my professors have decided there's enough time for one more assignment :P. This term, I'm also employed as a marker, so I'll be getting some assignments to mark right at the end of term which I hope I can get through quickly so I can study for my exams. I'm also part of a co-op program in my faculty (sort of like an internship program) so I've been having job interviews over the past couple weeks. I find out this coming week where I'll be going for an internship from January until April, which is both exciting and terrifying!

I'm glad you suggested this Losarot, it's nice to hear where everyone's at in there life. If I may ask, what are you studying in college? I'm in my third year of computer science.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

Thelepearchauns
Retired

Post by Thelepearchauns » 23 Nov 2014, 20:56

I have been dealing with a heavy workload at my job. Hours have been all over the place. However, the bosses seem pleased because, for the second year in a row, their only comments in my yearly review have been that I dont LOOK like an architect.

Outside of work, I have lost 2 roommates to marriage and am now starting the apartment search once again. My computer has failed 2 times in the past 8 months. Oh, and I bought a new car in July and now have to deal with the adult problem of having an auto loan with my student loan
Lep
Or its a key all the time...and when you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death
-Church and Caboose

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 30 Nov 2014, 12:19

Obviously as an Englishman I don't have much to do with Thanksgiving, but I'll post anyway! I've been coping pretty well with my university studies so far, been making sure to keep on top of everything. I'm doing radio presenting, which is great fun, joined a choir which is pretty challenging as I'm not great at reading music but is still enjoyable, and I'm getting PAID to design and build some "UAV"s... which are really just model planes to be honest.
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

Losarot
Retired

Post by Losarot » 07 Dec 2014, 14:23

I am currently in Community college, I have my Assoc of arts wrapped up but I am trying for a Assoc of Science if I can get thru calc and one more science class in the spring I will manage it ( have astronomy for my final sci class).

I am currently thinking over if going into Sociology for a major is worth it, as i had been set on Poli-sci but after some conversations with other students in similar fields who are Soc majors they have made me think perhaps I should give that line of work some consideration since it falls in line with what I wish to pursue in life. My goal is to get a job where people tell me what the problem is, then I do a whole bunch of research into that problem and then I tell them the best solutions to said issue. But I want to do this on a CITY scale, maybe even statewide one day (hence originally poli-sci)