Why are you playing Minecraft ?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Zinrius
Retired

Why are you playing Minecraft ?

Post by Zinrius » 15 Mar 2011, 19:41

What's the reason for your being ?
The inspiration, the thrive, the addiction that keeps you coming back ?
Describe the first time you played minecraft and/or how you even got started and how it has appealed to you.

Me ? My brother who's 17 showed me the game on youtube ( he doesn't play it, but he was amused ) and I'm like "lulz, what is this?" and he's like "It's t3h Min3craftz nub"

So I saw further videos and reviews on it before I used my crackmoney on it and decided to give it a try.

This is my expiriences summerized and in order from when I started playing ( mind you, I was 100% noob to this game ) ::

-I looked around, no clue on what the hell to do, I was lost yet amused.
-I punched out a block, no idea how I did it but further attempts failed
-After 2 minutes of punching things, I kept wondering why the block *cracks* din't stay, upon further tampering, I figured I had to hold the button in order to mine resources
-SUCCESS! I have tree trunks!
-What the hell do I do with tree trunks ?
-Night approaches, pretty sun set.
-I wish I could see better at night, but oh well. Trying to figure out how to make tools.
-Made planks!... now what...?
- Ttsssssssssssssss OMFG! GIANT GREEN PENI--BOOOOM!!!
-Game Over
-... .... lets do that again! :D
- *Goes online and searches "minecraft for noobs guide"
-Logs back in. Starts a new game.
-Search for coal asap!
-Found coal! *mines*
-Builds cave and seals off entry with dirt
-Lights up cave with torches
-Explores the cave
-Expands the cave
-Finds sh@$ along the way exploring and shaping the cave
-Smirk fills my face, an addiction is now born. :twisted:

MINECRAFT!

I felt lonely playing singleplayer, eventually my creations were a waste as no one but my wife could appreciate them. I asked my friends if they played Minecraft and they quickly reffered me to Escapecraft.net

And so, here I am.
Last edited by Zinrius on 16 Mar 2011, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: Why are you playing Minecraft ?

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 16 Mar 2011, 06:36

Zinrius wrote: So I saw further videos and reviews on it before I used my crackmoney on it and decided to give it a try.
Oh dear - you ought never to drain a crack fund - I allocated the money I spent on Minecraft to my "Time-Sink" fund instead.

OT: Most people here probably have only ever known me as a mod, but of course I didn't used to be one. I was introduced to Minecraft by Hagrid, played singleplayer for around two days, then joined Escapecraft. Haven't looked back. What I especially enjoyed back then was the cooperative feel, and exploring Central Town - had a good feel to it, and though things are obviously different now, I still enjoy myself here.

Fun trivia: Collin was the first mod I met - I asked him if I could make the entrance to a tunnel look more symmetrical, and after I'd done so, he gave me some diamonds, which I was quite pleased with. First time I met Sneaky he had a spy skin on - I didn't actually know at the time that he hosted the server, so I shouted "SneakyPie, is spy!" at him.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 16 Mar 2011, 07:55

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 16 Mar 2011, 07:56

Spah? You mean, "Spaz"...
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 16 Mar 2011, 09:28

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
Zinrius wrote: So I saw further videos and reviews on it before I used my crackmoney on it and decided to give it a try.
Oh dear - you ought never to drain a crack fund - I allocated the money I spent on Minecraft to my "Time-Sink" fund instead.

OT: Most people here probably have only ever known me as a mod, but of course I didn't used to be one. I was introduced to Minecraft by Hagrid, played singleplayer for around two days, then joined Escapecraft. Haven't looked back. What I especially enjoyed back then was the cooperative feel, and exploring Central Town - had a good feel to it, and though things are obviously different now, I still enjoy myself here.

Fun trivia: Collin was the first mod I met - I asked him if I could make the entrance to a tunnel look more symmetrical, and after I'd done so, he gave me some diamonds, which I was quite pleased with. First time I met Sneaky he had a spy skin on - I didn't actually know at the time that he hosted the server, so I shouted "SneakyPie, is spy!" at him.
Lovely story :D I think Sneaky still gets those reactions to this day.

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 16 Mar 2011, 10:35

Well... lets see here.

I may get stoned for this, but when i first saw Minecraft, I didn't think it was all that interesting, but after watching duhriddler play it for two months or so... I caved and here we are.

I play for the completely addictive and engrossing gameplay and the fun community. This server is why I continue to play. I joined the Minecraft craze maybe a week before it went to Beta, so w00t for getting in on the future perks. I am, utterly and completely addicted to minecraft... even though I never planned on playing it. I play for the fun, people, and just the overall amount you can do on the game and server.

In short... it is my drug of choice.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 16 Mar 2011, 15:13

Tomenaki wrote:Well... lets see here.

I may get stoned for this, but when i first saw Minecraft, I didn't think it was all that interesting, but after watching duhriddler play it for two months or so... I caved and here we are.

I play for the completely addictive and engrossing gameplay and the fun community. This server is why I continue to play. I joined the Minecraft craze maybe a week before it went to Beta, so w00t for getting in on the future perks. I am, utterly and completely addicted to minecraft... even though I never planned on playing it. I play for the fun, people, and just the overall amount you can do on the game and server.

In short... it is my drug of choice.
Funny enough, you're also a mod on the best SMP server. ;)

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 17 Mar 2011, 18:41

This is how I started:
I was bored one day and my brother showed me this game. I liked it and he showed me the controls and made me a world on his account. I really didn't know anything, so he directed me to the wiki. Eventually, I made a sand castle and a mine. Then, after that I got my own account and made another world. I played it and got bored really fast with SinglePlayer. So, my brother showed me this server and the city he had made. I made a house there and was not bored at all. :) And then, came an addiction... DUN DUN DUN... I have been playing Minecraft almost every day since then.

THE END

superglitch

Post by superglitch » 18 Mar 2011, 21:56

Well I heard about it from some griefers on my bus, and went home and played Classic. I got hooked, it was just so fun building like that. Around a month later I got enough money to buy alpha, and bought it in the 2nd to last week in October. One month later I started looking for servers, found this one. Wandered almost drunkenly around for a day, then figured out how to play.