Future Shift Treasure Hunt.

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Re: Future Shift Treasure Hunt.

Post by MayorLennie » 06 Oct 2011, 14:30

I enjoyed this thread because it reminds me of real life geocaching, which is super fun.

I've never been to FS and now I want to go seek the treasure.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 06 Oct 2011, 16:02

Lol, more necrothreading. :P Except! I was just a regular player back then, and I was the only one looking. I think I found all the easy ones, but I didn't find ALL of the treasure. :D There's still some in FS, unless Jag took it away. D:

This thread should totally be more active!

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 06 Oct 2011, 16:17

I may add a few more, also. Perhaps even in Terra as well. It makes for worthwhile adventuring and perhaps... perhaps ye adventurers may even find lost treasures from these maps' golden ages!

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 06 Oct 2011, 18:19

derigin wrote:I may add a few more, also. Perhaps even in Terra as well. It makes for worthwhile adventuring and perhaps... perhaps ye adventurers may even find lost treasures from these maps' golden ages!
We should do this. (: Is there anything of value left in Derg Country from when we all first met?

MayorLennie
Site Contributor

Post by MayorLennie » 06 Oct 2011, 18:34

derigin wrote:I may add a few more, also. Perhaps even in Terra as well. It makes for worthwhile adventuring and perhaps... perhaps ye adventurers may even find lost treasures from these maps' golden ages!
Oh, do! In the thread maybe you can provide a hint, and general coords (geocaching using GPS, and gets you within 25 feet) Also in Geocaching it's required to log every hide and every find on the geocaching web site. Players also sign the logbook inside the cache itself.
Course in real geo-c, ya lift rocks, look in trees. It get you outside up close and personal with the environment whether it be wilderness or a large city.

I like that this is open-ended, like mining - not a scheduled thing.

I'm sure there will be a niche of player types who would really enjoy this.

If you haven't yet, please check into geocaching.com it's so much fun and is world-wide.

I can see it being adapted for the minecraft environment. Differing from just treasure hunting one must use skills to be successful at a find, and the hider, must be creative.
"No one can escape the inevitable envelopment of will and desire that is Escapecraft. Bring him here." -- Lord_Mountbatten

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 06 Oct 2011, 20:56

aflycon wrote:
We should do this. (: Is there anything of value left in Derg Country from when we all first met?
After I found it, Derigin cleaned out all the chests.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 06 Oct 2011, 21:11

Aenir_bEPU wrote:
aflycon wrote:
Hmm.. alright. I gave away all of my valuable unspawned items shortly after promotion (I believe you have most of my eleven diamond blocks), so I don't have much (if anything) left.

Maybe we can do something from the vaults.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 06 Oct 2011, 21:24

aflycon wrote:
Aenir_bEPU wrote:
aflycon wrote:We should do this. (: Is there anything of value left in Derg Country from when we all first met?
Hmm.. alright. I gave away all of my valuable unspawned items shortly after promotion (I believe you have most of my eleven diamond blocks), so I don't have much (if anything) left.

Maybe we can do something from the vaults.
Well, I didn't -find- the blocks, but I -bought- them shortly after from the guy who did ;)

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 07 Oct 2011, 01:49

Ow btw afly thanks for that loot :) you tried TNTing me!!!