Subway Maps and other Subway Proposals

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
random980

Re: Subway Maps and other Subway Proposals

Post by random980 » 12 Jun 2011, 06:24

Can i suggest building the brown line to stop at the DJB disco then connecting to the west station. It will make the line somewhat usefull for shortcuts across the red and orange/purple line. You can also continue the line east to Badasshire. (the giant creeper face on the version3 map)
Unless you have something planned for the brown line already.
Still trying to organize a time with vallorn for the 2 saphiri stations to be connected.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 12 Jun 2011, 06:57

random980 wrote:Can i suggest building the brown line to stop at the DJB disco then connecting to the west station. It will make the line somewhat usefull for shortcuts across the red and orange/purple line. You can also continue the line east to Badasshire. (the giant creeper face on the version3 map)
Still trying to organize a time with vallorn for the 2 saphiri stations to be connected.
il be online in about an hour. see you then? ;)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Jun 2011, 09:39

vallorn wrote:
random980 wrote:Can i suggest building the brown line to stop at the DJB disco then connecting to the west station. It will make the line somewhat usefull for shortcuts across the red and orange/purple line. You can also continue the line east to Badasshire. (the giant creeper face on the version3 map)
il be online in about an hour. see you then? ;)
Well fail. i went to play the new AFL game on the wii.
Eekum Bokum

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 12 Jun 2011, 09:43

the brown line technically belongs to someone. I don't remember his full name but he built the tunnel and some tracks on May 15 according to Zin. The Brown Line is not mine to extend or dictate the outcome of. I do however know that it is intersecting our Red Line tunnel down there which is a problem that the builder of the Brown Line will need to resolve. do we put a connection there or does he dig under us?

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 12 Jun 2011, 12:34

Morning update:

the Darkend portion of the Orange Line is tentatively complete. the return trip to Draconax right now stops short as I need more track (I plowed through more than 40 stacks of track already to build this guy). hopefully i can finish tonight. if not it will definitely be finished tomorrow. As for now the draconax TO darkend line works perfectly and there is a temporary station in darkend. I want to see what Donkypoink thinks about me designing and building a permanent station there or if he wants to do it.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 13:22

I have some iron bars for you and I'll give u 2 stacks of logs soon

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Jun 2011, 13:31

As i type the stations for the connection between the 2 saphiri stations are being fine-tuned. Make the yellow line non dashed.
Eekum Bokum

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 12 Jun 2011, 14:07

I am trying to minimize map updates to once a day. The file is massive so it takes a bit to save it and convert to a jpg. Most likely I will update it in the morning. Is the yellow line still tram-style or did you add the second rail?

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 12 Jun 2011, 14:50

ryn44 wrote:I am trying to minimize map updates to once a day. The file is massive so it takes a bit to save it and convert to a jpg. Most likely I will update it in the morning. Is the yellow line still tram-style or did you add the second rail?
i helped build it and hes asleap so il reply.

its a seperate rail line between the end of the yellow line and the saphiri station. complete with working stations (thanks to Drox fro showing me how)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 12 Jun 2011, 15:20

I knew what the proposal was and what you guys were doing but I had also proposed switching from the tram-style of just one rail to the two-rail train system. I was gonna build the second line for him but after taking on so many other things I haven't gotten to it. I will take a look tonight. Loving that so many rails are tying together. Thanks guys

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jun 2011, 15:48

I'll give u the iron tomorrow

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 13 Jun 2011, 16:11

Update
so this morning I undertook a new project I was hoping to be able to complete. it took me a couple hours after sever mess ups but it's done for the most part. After TLuke's very generous agreement to allow me to put in a connection on the Zork Line we now have a pretty cool station linking the Orange Line into the Zork Line (shown as Cyan on the map). I am pretty proud of the station but it still needs work.
other map changes
-Saphiri & West Saphiri Stations now have a connecting route. I haven't checked it out physically in the game yet but this is awesome news for anyone on the USSR rail.
-I have added the Cyan Line to the map. This is what was previously only a public line for Zork Residents, since they are seeking expansion TLuke opened it up to the public and I added the connection to orange. The South Station entrance is hard to find, like really hard. ask TLuke in game.

other projects still under way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 14 Jun 2011, 07:23

You got a purdy map, boy.

maninahat

Post by maninahat » 15 Jun 2011, 09:45

I have a 1200 block long railway in current development that begins at Clifford's tower station (x:1272, z: -2599) and goes all the way to a stop near the "Three King's Hotel", around x:0, z: -2599. Would be interested in getting in on this

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 15 Jun 2011, 10:34

can i ask why the ERTA line is listed as a dashed line? if its because we havnt finished the darn upgrades i understand. PM TehBeard with your complaints and get him to finish the upgrades. :D
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 15 Jun 2011, 10:56

vallorn wrote:can i ask why the ERTA line is listed as a dashed line? if its because we havnt finished the darn upgrades i understand. PM TehBeard with your complaints and get him to finish the upgrades. :D
because the redline has no service. a couple of the stations have chests with carts but the overwhelming majority either have no chests to stop at or no carts in the chests. The line essentially doesn't work right now.

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 15 Jun 2011, 10:58

maninahat wrote:I have a 1200 block long railway in current development that begins at Clifford's tower station (x:1272, z: -2599) and goes all the way to a stop near the "Three King's Hotel", around x:0, z: -2599. Would be interested in getting in on this
my map doesn't go that far east. if the line were to connect to something closer to the center or to another station on the map then I could see adding it, but even Blutropolis and Branchscape are simply shown with an arrow

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 16 Jun 2011, 13:50

i believe the station dragonax towards darkend needs a refill on minecarts..

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 16 Jun 2011, 19:22

Yeah you and tark have been bankrupting my iron with this. Send some back from darkend. You don't need to ride them, just send them

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 17 Jun 2011, 11:23

will do.. after i got some iron again xD

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 19 Jun 2011, 12:14

UPDATE!
I finished the purple line from my complex to art park to Fort ITL. This creates a loop once the Red Line is back in service, so now you can go around spawn completely with two different lines. The Red Line has the North and East and my Orange Line has the West and Purple Line has the South meeting at Draconax and Fort ITL. I am super excited about this.

I am again out of iron so most of the subway work until I get more donations or mine more iron will be simply excavation work. There is a lot of it to be done too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 19 Jun 2011, 13:36

i suggest you look at the old Dududf Tram/Canal line at Solake. the lift down to it is in the same pannel of wood that the lift down to the Red Line is on and is clearly marked. this line takes you all the way to Herp's Resort and some other place i havent found yet, :D
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 19 Jun 2011, 13:56

I do know about dududfs tram to canal project. I had left it off the map because I had no clue what canal project was until I explored a bit and saw flower tower out there the other day.
That is also why the connection dot is there in solake

random980

Post by random980 » 20 Jun 2011, 01:17

Nice work so far Ryn44!
Just a quick update coming from the USSR. Cascade Bay has changed its name BACK to Blackthorn.
Eekum Bokum

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 20 Jun 2011, 01:35

random980 wrote:Nice work so far Ryn44!
Just a quick update coming from the USSR. Cascade Bay has changed its name BACK to Blackthorn.
so I have been told. lol

anyway subway work is being suspended until falsebook is underped. I m having major problems with /cprivate, [station], [cart], and [lift]

donkypoink

Post by donkypoink » 20 Jun 2011, 16:56

Ryn, i was thinking of maby expanding the western subway system, so far darkend is the only availeble station and since i love knowing my neighbours i like to visit team more easily, as they are all still a long walk away in this thin inhabited part of terra.. i was hoping for your experience to help a hand, since i cant dare to ask of you to lead it seeing you allready got so many thinks going on. Still its just an idea and i havent prepared anything yet so dont feel hurried. I did however wanted to use your line as the main line leading from spawn/dragonax to the mid-west as its allready located at a perfect location for expansion

ryn44

Post by ryn44 » 29 Jun 2011, 18:19

UPDATE!
I spent part of today building temporary stations for Draconax and Saphiri. I am also going to go over the current "Red Line" to make sure it is ridable. now I know that I do not own the Red Line and it is not my responsibility but it is a great asset to the Terra world and it is going completely unused because of some sort of delay in Tehbeard's plugin. I do not wanna go over your head here so I kinda skirted around your head on this one to build some quick stations and link up the lines that were broken. so the Red Line is accessible now from all stations shown. The problem with this again lies in the delay on the plugin that Tehbeard is developing to make riding subways quicker by making all trains express to the stop you want to go to. Because of the anticipated use of this technology the stations were built to assume this would be an option, thus you cannot make stops at North Station, Solake or Corinth, you can, however use the Red Line to go past them and also take trains FROM those stations to any other available stop.
On top of all this I have done some maintenance on a couple other stations and Donky has made a pretty nice little station in Darkend. We are hoping to extend from Darkend to other stations and areas around the west. but for now here is the new map.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Jun 2011, 18:40

actualy the pluggin is up and working. the command is /fbst STATIONNAMEHERE (must be one word)

for example /fbst corinth, /fbst Solake and so on.

enjoy!

also i went round a couple of days ago. the lines are fine but somepony detonated TNT or something by some of the above ground stations... it took the mod team a while to fix it and find culprits and for that im very gratefull. :)

EDIT: please dont ask why Beard hasnt upgraded the stations on the rest of the Red line yet. last time i asked he said something about updates to the pluggin or something.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!