Does anyone really play here anymore?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Kernalgohd

Does anyone really play here anymore?

Post by Kernalgohd » 09 Sep 2011, 22:43

Allo, New guy here, just checking, are there any people even playing in futureshift anymore? This is the only place I've got a house in, and I was wondering if there were any neighbors around, you know, so I can borrow a cup of sugar and all that, and if your in the area, drop in and say hi! Coords of the lift to my place (shared with tyto, spud rygy and locbot) are x:1823, z:-2450. Its kinda not fun to have a place and not share it with anyone.
I'm crazy yes, but I got fun walls to bounce off of in My cell, whats in Yours?

Fuzz422365117

Re: Does anyone really play here anymore?

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 10 Sep 2011, 09:59

I know Isihogg lives there, but I don't :(

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 10 Sep 2011, 11:34

This topic must make Haxx a saaaad paaaandaaa. He's put a lot of effort into Future Shift.

Keep in mind that while it's a huge world, good land is hard to find; a lot of the nice, open landmasses are secretly trolling you by being at level 126. However, feel free to start a settlement if you do find a nice landclaim - that'll be sure to get you some neighbors. (:

Kernalgohd

Post by Kernalgohd » 10 Sep 2011, 21:55

It was the best place to find land for me, considering how few people are there. just gotta have some pillaring supplies to get to an island, then make some signs for a lift, then work your way from there. Dont worry Haxx! I'll put your world to good use!

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 11 Sep 2011, 07:54

I <3 future shift! x 2318 z 2705! :D

Kernalgohd

Post by Kernalgohd » 12 Sep 2011, 01:41

EricSmarties wrote:I <3 future shift! x 2318 z 2705! :D
So i ran to x:2705 z -2318, not only realizing that its the wrong spot, but also realizing.... GEEZUZ thats far xD

Amaren

Post by Amaren » 12 Sep 2011, 10:37

I own a huge section of land in Future Shift. Between farms, houses, and a giant mob tower working its way to the sky, there is plenty of open land to make claims on. If you need a house or something to that effect, I have many sites to which I can build on.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 12 Sep 2011, 14:00

Kernalgohd wrote:
EricSmarties wrote:I <3 future shift! x 2318 z 2705! :D
So i ran to x:2705 z -2318, not only realizing that its the wrong spot, but also realizing.... GEEZUZ thats far xD
lolwhut? ahhahahaha :') when im online some time just say hi and ill show you :)

Zehydra

Post by Zehydra » 12 Sep 2011, 14:41

I like futureshift, but I left because there was few people to interact with at the time (and when I lived there, no friendly mobs were spawning there).

When I had heard that mobs were spawning again in futureshift, Fyra had recently opened, and that's where everyone was.

So now I live in Fyra, although I downloaded the update, so I'll be away until Escapecraft updates.

1.8 is awesome, even in its currently buggy state, and I eagerly await an Escapecraft IV map (it'll be a long time from now, I imagine)

Tsukianei

Post by Tsukianei » 19 Sep 2011, 11:53

I'm at Futureshift. In fact, I'm exclusively there when I'm not mining in the Neither. Sometimes it feels like I'm all alone, but I love the terrain far too much for me to just walk off and leave. I have a rather large house near Haven if you can find it. (I don't know the coords.)

All in all, Futureshift is amazing, and I wouldn't leave it for the world. Sadly, I can't play at the moment to come and hang out. But rest assured, when I do, I'll be mining away in Futureshift.

Also, when my friend gets Minecraft, he'll be playing there as well.
I'm not running away; I'm advancing in reverse.
ImageImage

Isihogg

Post by Isihogg » 19 Sep 2011, 16:50

As Fuzz said, my house is there, and it's great for finding areas because everyone goes to Fyra or Terra instead.

Starblaiz

Post by Starblaiz » 16 Oct 2011, 09:23

I'm there too. First place I went after joining escapecraft because I just love the idea of floating islands in the sky.

Come to Starblaiz Towers and say hi. Server is down (or my internets are failing >_<) at the moment so can't give coords, but follow Godavari's diagonal path out of spawn until you see a fairly sizeable glass cube up in the sky just to the left - the island that's connected to is my spot =)

EDIT: I think one thing that puts people off is probably the mobs spawning right out in the open due to all the shadows cast from the islands above. The amount of times a creeper has spawned right next to me and exploded is ridiculous! So FS isn't for the feint hearted. Still I'm a tough old gamer, and have developed "ways" of dealing with them...

"Oh, hello Mr. Creeper. Oh what's that? You've fallen in a pit? Oh what a shame. Here, have some live TNT! What's that? You don't like irony? Oh in that case let me sprint at you with my sword. What's that? you fell off the edge to your death? Oh I'm so sorry..." :P
"I hear voices in my head too. I just ignore them and carry on killing ^_^"
~Sean Lock, QI