What's your Opinion of the New Map?

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.

What's your Opinion of the New Map?

Strongly Positive
54%
Positive
31%
Neutral
5%
Negative
5%
Strongly Negative
5%

Total votes: 121

SextusMaximus

Re: What's your Opinion of the New Map?

Post by SextusMaximus » 21 Dec 2010, 11:18

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
SextusMaximus wrote:I strongly dislike it if I'm honest. I wish all the best for everyone on the server; but I'm going to go on far less regularly.
Might I ask why? Purely for the sake of feedback.
Not your fault at all, but monsters ruin the fun of it. I remember just having fun building in the original server - when central was just sprawling and wide without having walls as boundaries, but having quite obvious landmarks and not just a shipwreck. I also got quite attached to both servers, felt as if all the work I'd done has been scrapped - and with all due respect, it's likely with 2 resets that there'll be a third, and therefore I'm less inclined to build on this map.

Regardless, I respect the work you're doing and I've had some great times on this server!
"What makes a guy start drooling?... Chase, were you wearing your short shorts?"

MineCraft Videos?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMWSyaNj1E

Magnalian

Post by Magnalian » 21 Dec 2010, 11:54

Not really enjoying it. The few times I've logged on the mobs were so slow to react they were no threat at all, and easily ignored, and almost every building I came across was made from dirt. I think I'm going to wait for the next server wipe, whenever that may be.
I will murder any and all bovines, pigs and future MCnuggets that dare enter my place of residence.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 21 Dec 2010, 12:11

Magnalian wrote:Not really enjoying it. The few times I've logged on the mobs were so slow to react they were no threat at all, and easily ignored, and almost every building I came across was made from dirt. I think I'm going to wait for the next server wipe, whenever that may be.
It's so nice in Saphiri where none of the houses are made of dirt.

WHERE NONE OF THE HOUSES ARE MADE OF DIRT

DIRT

IT'S SO NICE IN SAPHIRI

COME HERE

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

obejii

Post by obejii » 21 Dec 2010, 14:12

I really enjoy the new map, I wouldn't mind the return of currency however.

obejii

Post by obejii » 21 Dec 2010, 14:14

Magnalian wrote:Not really enjoying it. The few times I've logged on the mobs were so slow to react they were no threat at all, and easily ignored, and almost every building I came across was made from dirt. I think I'm going to wait for the next server wipe, whenever that may be.
You just need to explore and find some settlements, straight to the east from spawn is Zion a city under construction, to the north is a few too. find a city or found a city and build!

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 21 Dec 2010, 14:45

Don't worry, we are all contemptuous of the dirt houses and I regularly threaten the propagators of these houses with the destruction of them if they do not use a nicer material.

You just need to find less shittier settlements. I have my suspicions which they are but I cannot say anything due to official mod impartiality.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 21 Dec 2010, 14:53

Looking around, I have not seen a lot of dirt houses.

I know for a fact that there is none in my town, the Royal Sheep Trading Post.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 21 Dec 2010, 14:56

Milo Windby wrote:Looking around, I have not seen a lot of dirt houses.

I know for a fact that there is none in my town, the Royal Sheep Trading Post.
The only ones I've seen are temporary shelters in the wilderness, and a few in Solake.

Though I haven't visited every town, so there might be more elsewhere.

And... he's wonderful."

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 21 Dec 2010, 16:48

Milo Windby wrote:
herpmyderp wrote:
Zehydra wrote: I wasn't aware that our houses were there for purely aesthetic purposes.
There is no other reason to build in a town other then protection and aesthetics, and there is hardly any protection at all in solake. And if you like being part of a community then wtf are you doing in a dirt house?

So why not just build your own house away from greifers?
Ok, at this point I have to jump in and ask... have you been inside of solake? There is one dirt house and one dirt tower... and the rest are made of various mats that are not dirt. (Mine being one of them, its a public house I drop bread off at from time to time and is NOT made of dirt)
Or have you even bothered to take a closer look?

Honestly, I loved how the city was made before the wipe and I can see this still being a good city, sure there is a few hiccups... but at the moment all I see is Jealous hate towards Solake.
Thank you milo and i just want to say a new NICER area of Solake with WALLS and no dirt houses will be made in the near future assuming we dont have a server wipe again
ImageImage
Bahhhh

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 21 Dec 2010, 16:49

The only dirt houses ive seen is in Solake. and theres only two.
ImageImage
Bahhhh

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 22 Dec 2010, 00:11

There's a couple dirt houses behind my house but whatever. My wall hides them from view anyways.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Laptop_mini
Retired

Post by Laptop_mini » 22 Dec 2010, 01:13

Sheep Trading Post, ftw.

'Nuff said.

MrJoeseff

Post by MrJoeseff » 23 Dec 2010, 15:08

Personally, i'm a tad torn. I like the newness...but at the same time can't help but feel its a bit TOO sprawling. Everything is miles apart and few things look as nice as the old one...Still if we keep at it i'm sure it will be great! :D

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 27 Dec 2010, 23:42

I LOVE the new server! I especially love the grief traps! Keep the server awesome, mods! :D And, I have a question, are we going to make another monument like the ones in the last server?

comet1

Post by comet1 » 28 Dec 2010, 16:45

I suggest a creeper statue :D :D :D

I loveeee!!!!!!!!!!! In the new server space is not a problem in the old server I felt like I was in a endless city in the new server they have borders and you do not have to worry about greifers and so much to explore :lol:
Comet isnt that bad a guy he gives out free gold and kills greifers - random player
I never killed no greifer - comet1

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 28 Dec 2010, 17:03

We have a creeper statue =D
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

comet1

Post by comet1 » 28 Dec 2010, 17:27

Where :D

( that was my suggestion )
Comet isnt that bad a guy he gives out free gold and kills greifers - random player
I never killed no greifer - comet1

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 29 Dec 2010, 07:38

In my town, first thing we made, actually :D
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

C8H10N4O2

Post by C8H10N4O2 » 03 Jan 2011, 18:14

The new server really is awesome. Even though the towns are far apart, I really feel that there are distinct communities, and it has a real true feeling about it. Idk, I like it

xoxZoltanXox

Post by xoxZoltanXox » 03 Jan 2011, 22:57

As others have stated, I too enjoy the openness of it. I like exploring fo materials and going it alone, and when i want to stop and build, there's usually a welcoming city nearby. I also like the little unseen competitions between towns like getting new residents and having larger and nicer buildings.
~Zoltan

trevmonkey

Post by trevmonkey » 04 Jan 2011, 16:31

I rather like the new map. It gives you the feel of being in a survival-like world, which you nailed. What's great is that it's pretty much controlled, and there aren't any places that griefers took over. Nice job.

trainreqx2

Post by trainreqx2 » 24 Jan 2011, 19:24

To tell you the truth, I do like the new map, but I miss the people spawning items for me, and my Diamond house with lava waterfalls, and a huuuge mine downstairs. I mean, It is very fun for it to be a lot like SSP, but again, "new people"(I just started playing on the live server yesterday) don't have any items, and the trees are mainly chopped down, the mines are explored, my only hope is to find some diamond/lapis lazuli, and pay off the debt I have. -.-
Beauty is why God invented eyeballs and her booty is why God invented my balls.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 24 Jan 2011, 19:50

trainreqx2 wrote: my only hope is to find some diamond/lapis lazuli, and pay off the debt I have. -.-
Debt? To who?

And... he's wonderful."

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 24 Jan 2011, 20:21

trainreqx2 wrote:To tell you the truth, I do like the new map, but I miss the people spawning items for me, and my Diamond house with lava waterfalls, and a huuuge mine downstairs. I mean, It is very fun for it to be a lot like SSP, but again, "new people"(I just started playing on the live server yesterday) don't have any items, and the trees are mainly chopped down, the mines are explored, my only hope is to find some diamond/lapis lazuli, and pay off the debt I have. -.-
Not all the caves have been explored and not all the trees are chopped down... if you think this is the case on the server you are clearly not exploring enough.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

maninahat

Post by maninahat » 25 Jan 2011, 15:07

I've managed to find a gorgeous area fileld with steep mountains, massive canyons and caves, right by the sea. Built my home there. Only problem is that it is in the middle of nowhere.

Turbo_Turban

Post by Turbo_Turban » 25 Jan 2011, 15:10

There is plenty of unexplored land and there are plenty of unexplored caves. I practically trip over the darn things when wandering around the countryside by my castle, leading to frequent death and frustration. Just head out until you find somewhere without any towns or buildings, and there should be plenty of stuff.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 25 Jan 2011, 15:42

maninahat wrote:I've managed to find a gorgeous area fileld with steep mountains, massive canyons and caves, right by the sea. Built my home there. Only problem is that it is in the middle of nowhere.
A lot of people would count that as a plus - no griefers, no clutter. Just you and the nice scenery. :)

And... he's wonderful."

Turbo_Turban

Post by Turbo_Turban » 26 Jan 2011, 05:08

Oh yes, i found a very lovely spot north of Draconax with hills overlooking forest to the east and open plains to the west. I was planning to build a city, but i want to keep it to myself so as not to attract smelly unfortunates.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 26 Jan 2011, 07:20

now nom turban it's not exactly to yourself your pretty much sat on my lap :P as for the new map I rather like it it's a lovely mix of biomes and such I mean my place is situated in a desert biome which I'm happy with
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Turbo_Turban

Post by Turbo_Turban » 26 Jan 2011, 08:35

My old estate is in your lap, but not my new Duchy of Turbandy. It is a free, virgin land.