My review on Escapecraft

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
Zinrius
Retired

My review on Escapecraft

Post by Zinrius » 26 Feb 2012, 22:50

What makes Escapecraft so great?

Escapecraft is an online multiplayer Minecraft community with over 10,000 members built around the aspects of survival which also includes within itself Creative and PvP worlds to satisfy the needs of most players interested in multiple experiences. Escapecraft is not only appealing to the eye but also to the mind as it offers a variety of pluggins which create things like doors, bridges, lifts, circuits, etc that enhance the survival experience whilst not giving to many advantages over the evil forces that you must face within the Minecraft world.

Upon entering the server you are set upon a maze-like tutorial in which the correct way is shown on signs placed within its walls. These signs are educational as they with convey the server rules, policy as well as the different ranks and chat channels that one will need to get acquainted with to further the prominence of your experience within Escapecraft.

Once the tutorial is finished, if you paid close attention during your time in the tutorial you would know about certain players selected as Mentors. These players help make your experience a better one by answering each and every question you may have as well as assisting you in getting started as a guest in the server.

The community in Escapecraft is as outstanding as the staff members that help run the server and enforce the rules. It’s a very family friendly environment where everyone loves to help each other build things and chatter their day away in a very polite manner. Whilst there might be one or two occasions in which the server rules are taken for granted there’s always a staff member available to correct the issue quickly and efficiently.

Every weekend the Escapecraft staff hosts different and unique activities in which players compete against each other and the winners of such events receive “Donator Perks” for free which otherwise would cost a small and reasonable fee for the convenient perks that these VIP ranks offers varying from but not limited to spawning at your bedside during death, creating your own personal and reusable home warp, having a chest called “gravestone” spawn protecting your items upon death, etc.

Aside from staff made events and the great pluggins the server provides to its players there is also the community made projects, cities, and towns. There’s an abundance of amazing structures varying from pixel art to enormous recreations. The most noticeable of these would be the “Imperial City” from the popular Elder scrolls game “Oblivion”. This has been in the works since Escapecraft’s humble beginnings, totaling a year-plus in its making and still counting due to the legitimately acquired materials and the volunteered labor of its community which has made, block by block, everything you see at this time possible.

Aside from the amazing server community there is also the forum community at Escapecraft.net. The forums are bursting with life and updated constantly with announcements, important events and the social charm of its players. The forums are a great way to meet friends, advertise your creations and keep updated with what’s important within the Escapecraft server.

What else can one say about Escapecraft? Every player experience is unique and if you follow the rules it’ll most likely be a pleasant one. Escapecraft is always open for suggestions in its never ending quest to grow as the best survival online experience you could ever have in Minecraft.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Re: My review on Escapecraft

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 26 Feb 2012, 22:53

I agree 100% Couldn't say anything else. :)

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 26 Feb 2012, 22:54

A friend of mine who works in the business of haute cuisine would likely call this "An excellent review."

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 27 Feb 2012, 01:10

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:A friend of mine who works in the business of haute cuisine would likely call this "An excellent review."
Reviewing a review? REVIEWCEPTION

OT: That's pretty much exactly how I would describe EC, except I would probably mention all the server memes we have. :P
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Post by haxxorzd00d » 27 Feb 2012, 07:14

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:A friend of mine who works in the business of haute cuisine would likely call this "An excellent review."
I tried one of those Poundland reviews once, big mistake. It was completely biased and full of grammatical errors. And don't get me started on those cheapo knock-off 'Revyoo's...

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 27 Feb 2012, 09:52

I call shenanigans on this review. It's clearly biased.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 Feb 2012, 10:09

SneakyPie wrote:I call shenanigans on this review. It's clearly biased.
sneakypie has spoken!
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick