Glowstone

It's old but gold. If it could help you out we've probably chucked it in here.
gendai351

Glowstone

Post by gendai351 » 14 Apr 2012, 07:23

I'd like to bring up bad situation.

the nether is unplayable. you walk as little as 10 blocks and you hit chuck loading lag and the ghast kills you.

the player base has run out of on hand glowstone.

for the last week in trade "ANY" amount of glowstone is unavailible at any price.

SMWasder
Retired

Re: Glowstone

Post by SMWasder » 14 Apr 2012, 07:58

gendai351 wrote: the nether is unplayable. you walk as little as 10 blocks and you hit chuck loading lag and the ghast kills you.
I can't say I know about the rest, but I've never had any extra chunk loading lag in the nether than I do in main survival.
WWTDD

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Apr 2012, 08:00

gendai351 wrote:I'd like to bring up bad situation.

the nether is unplayable. you walk as little as 10 blocks and you hit chuck loading lag and the ghast kills you.

the player base has run out of on hand glowstone.

for the last week in trade "ANY" amount of glowstone is unavailible at any price.

Try private portals like the ones in LL there's plenty of glowstone in the nether.

you fools are just too lazy to put the effort into mining actual Glowstone rather than farming Soulsand into it.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

gendai351

Post by gendai351 » 14 Apr 2012, 09:14

vallorn wrote: you fools are just too lazy to put the effort into mining actual Glowstone rather than farming Soulsand into it.
I take issuse with this comment. I pride myself on farming and sustaining myself and trading any excess i have.

i have a private portal to the nether that i used quite regularly to farm for nether brick and blaze rods and soulsand and glowstone when i could find.

i'm serious when i say that the nether is unplayable i move sometimes as little as 5 blocks and that client will lag
1 sec every other second for the next 15 seconds. i here a ghast spawn i can choose to die or run wasting any time i've braved to get to said glowstone.

i can live with no soulsand to glowstone if the nether was playable.

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 14 Apr 2012, 12:40

We want you guys to have glowstone, but we can't control your ability to survive in the nether. The ability to make glowstone from soul sand should already make it easier on you whole we had it, no you are back to getting it like how normal people have to do on normal minecraft. You can't blame us for makeing the game more like it is supose to be. We also have little control over then lag there. It may just be your computer, because mine seems to do fine in that area.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 14 Apr 2012, 19:01

Yes, I agree with gendai regarding the situation with glowstone. The update to 1.2 completely nerfed glowstone availablity due to two changes:
1) The removal of the ability to turn soulsand into glowstone.
And
2) A player's client will receive extreme lag after going 10-15 blocks from a previous location.

Many players on the server do not possess custom-modified computers, or AlienWare, or 12-processor computers, so for many there are humongous lag drops when entering the Nether. It was definitely not this bad during 1.1, as for I could enter the Nether and have about 20-30 fps on a short render distance. I personally think that until this issue with mass lag is resolved in the Nether (because I think it's a derp on Mojang's part), glowstone-soulsand farming should be re-allowed so that construction in Escapecraft isn't deprived of creativeness due to a lack of glowstone.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 15 Apr 2012, 00:06

I have a normal computer, and I can walk around there on full screen. If it is that bad, turn down your graphics settings. Mine are on the lowest settings, but i run smoothly and on fullscreen. Second, we removed the ability to turn soulsand into glowstone because you are not suppose to be able to go that in normal playing situations. You just have to get use to the fact that it is hard to get glowstone without plug-in. If you can't deal with that, you will have to go on without it.

Edit: It is client side for you, meaning all the lag is coming off your computer, not from the server. So we can't do anything to help you. You need to lower your own settings like I have to when I go into the nether.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 15 Apr 2012, 00:55

I understand that the glowstone-soulsand plugin isn't natural, and i'm not saying we permanantly keep it, but many players are having issues with nether lag, and I can definitely tell that this wasn't always around, so therefore it must be a derp on the 1.2 update. All i'm saying is that we should have the plugin temporarily re-added to compensate for this derp until Mojang releases an update that removes the mass amount of lag acquired from entering the Nether.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

random980

Post by random980 » 15 Apr 2012, 01:02

If you need that much glowstone for something so epic, wouldnt it be easier to just build it in creative anyway?
My client crashes regularly and i have no idea why and i still get lag here and their while traveling, but the nether has never acted differently for me. If finding a solution proves to hard just pay someone else to get the glowstone for you.
Also waiting for Mojang to release and update where they fix lag? May as well keep the soulsand-glowstone plugin...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

mydrox

Post by mydrox » 15 Apr 2012, 02:47

Sadly we can't do anything about the nether lag since that is client-side. Give Mojang feedback about it, so that they fix it. That it happened at the same time with us removing soulsand⇒glowstone is simply bad timing.

comic_sans
Retired

Post by comic_sans » 15 Apr 2012, 17:36

random980 wrote:If you need that much glowstone for something so epic, wouldnt it be easier to just build it in creative anyway?
My client crashes regularly and i have no idea why and i still get lag here and their while traveling, but the nether has never acted differently for me. If finding a solution proves to hard just pay someone else to get the glowstone for you.
Also waiting for Mojang to release and update where they fix lag? May as well keep the soulsand-glowstone plugin...
Try upgrading java to 64 bit if you're on a 64 bit computer. I had the same issue, and this might work for you; haven't had a random crash or hang since.

I also experience horrid lag spikes in the nether, but it's a Mojang hiccup, and it's not like we haven't dealt with those before.
1 weird old tip
don't drown

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 15 Apr 2012, 17:43

All I must say is... calm down. We've got this. 8-)
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius