EC Worlds 1.12 is here!

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

EC Worlds 1.12 is here!

Post by haxxorzd00d » 04 Jul 2017, 18:56

Would you believe we've been on server admin hiatus for somewhere between 18 months and three years now? (Depending on your point of view, of course.) Almost our entire community has moved on, but there’s been a small and stubborn group of players making a go of it on Horizons and waiting to see where Escapecraft ends up.

I want to say a huge thank you to Stygian_Inquirer, who has been maintaining Horizons since 2015 - unbeknownst to many in our community - and has supplemented it with puzzles, mini-games and events. What little playerbase we have left wouldn’t be with us if not for his hard work.

Anyway, for those patient few players that have stuck around, I have great news. Grab your tools and prepare to charge once more unto the breach - we’re back!

So what's new? For starters, we’ve updated from Minecraft 1.8 to 1.12. That’s four whole updates you might have missed. New combat, End cities, new mobs, woodland mansions, colourful concrete, llamas, parrots and plenty of other new features await you.

Explore new (and old) lands
We’ve got three survival worlds for you to explore. First is Horizons, which is sticking around. After all the work Stygian’s put into the world, we’d be foolish to retire it. I’m expanding the world size from 3000x3000 to 4000x4000 to accommodate fresh exploration.

Next up is a new world, Vildare. For those of you looking for a fresh start, this is it. I've tweaked the generator settings just a bit to create higher mountains, deeper valleys and bigger, sweeping landscapes. It's also got a hand-picked seed with plenty of biome variety.

Last but not least... TNA returns! About time, right? 2014's original hotness is back, and everything's just where you left it. I know many people were sad to see TNA drop off after 1.8 was released back in 2014; we all put a lot of work into it and it deserves another round. TNA will also be expanding to 4000x4000 for even more adventure.

Worlds collide!
These three worlds are linked together via our new hub, with shared inventory so you can come and go as you please. If you’re wondering what's happened to your worldly possessions and property over the years. worry not! TNA land claims, Horizons regions and locks, /homes and player inventories have been migrated to 1.12. When you login you should be just where you left off, in either Horizons or TNA. The usual game mechanics - gates and bridges, death chests, and many more - are all here like you’d expect.

What’s next?
This isn’t the end for Escapecraft - this is the start of our second act. Now that our existing worlds and feature set have been updated to 1.12, it’s time to start thinking about new features. I’ve got a roadmap in mind for bringing more features to the server - new game mechanics, new worlds (and old ones) and a few surprises along the way - but I won’t be discussing these plans up front to avoid setting any expectations. Stay tuned!

Anything missing?
This was the biggest server admin task we’ve undergone for a long time, and it was a one man operation, so there’s a high chance I’ve missed stuff. If you encounter any issues - things not working like they should, not having permissions to do things, features missing - please let me know here or in-game. I’ll be writing up a plugin help guide in the next few days, but until then please use the in-game /help if you get stuck with anything. Stay tuned for updates!

Current known issues:
- Chat channels are not configured yet
- Chat is not linked to IRC
- Placing items in protected claims appears to lose the item (click in inventory to fix)
- Players take half a heart of damage when jumping into portals
- /homeother is throwing errors, I'm looking into why
- /home is broken for a few players who somehow set 2 Horizons homes with the same ID
- Players can't change name colour anymore
- Pistons are borked outside GP claims
- GP claim block total is shared across worlds, this is not intentional
- World border is still 3000x3000, I'm a lying scumbag
- GP anti-spam is a bit overzealous

Will aim to fix these later today.

haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Re: Escapecraft 1.12 is here!

Post by haxxorzd00d » 05 Jul 2017, 18:33

Changelog - Wed Jul 5:
- You can ride horses through portals now!
- Expanded all world borders to 4000x4000
- Increased the GP claim block amount by a lot - still looking into per-world settings
- Hopefully fixed pistons outside GP claims? (please test, piston fans)
- Everyone's /homes should work now (/homeother is still broken)

arizons

Post by arizons » 18 Jul 2017, 17:07

LOL, does that mean steveland is back?
Between my fat fingers and auto-correct—I just can’t win! 

Stygian_Inquirer

Post by Stygian_Inquirer » 25 Jul 2017, 13:47

Happy to see the server is back. Sorry I have been away until recently but I appreciate the kind words Haxx and I hope to be more active now.