The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Byroe

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by Byroe » 16 Oct 2011, 23:30

Ok, as you guys may know. the USSR does not have its own treasury
and we usually have to dip into our personal treasuries for projects. so during the meeting we all had a discussion about what to do about it, and what we agreed upon was to run on donations made by everyone. donating things like iron or cobble to the USSR treasury comes with bonuses like promotions. donating also allows people to use things from the treasury for projects and other things. To donate to the treasury, post on the forums what you will donate so that we are able to keep records and give the supplies to any of the 5 leaders who will then put it in the treasury chest which will be in a temporary location until we can get the HQ built.
i will start us off with donating a stack of iron blocks.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

random980

Post by random980 » 17 Oct 2011, 00:42

Byroe wrote:Ok, as you guys may know. the USSR does not have its own treasury
and we usually have to dip into our personal treasuries for projects. so during the meeting we all had a discussion about what to do about it, and what we agreed upon was to run on donations made by everyone. donating things like iron or cobble to the USSR treasury comes with bonuses like promotions. donating also allows people to use things from the treasury for projects and other things. To donate to the treasury, post on the forums what you will donate so that we are able to keep records and give the supplies to any of the 5 leaders who will then put it in the treasury chest which will be in a temporary location until we can get the HQ built.
Stack of iron blocks!? wow, you deserve a biscuit.

I think i should also make it clear on what NOT to donate. :?
1. 'Scraps'. Your unwanted, left-over materials, like 3 feathers or/and 2 bones and/or a few bits of gravel and arrows. If you dont want them chances are, nether do we.

2. Tools. chances are the tools you donate will end up being redistributed right back to you :| (and everyone else). Donating materials like sticks and iron for making tools is perfectly fine though.

3. Diamonds. I want to make this clear. The treasury is NOT a bank. all items you donate will be used on future projects. While Diamonds are a welcome donation :D the only use we honestly have for them is for making tools, which as stated, is pretty pointless.

4. Armour, like diamonds, except we have almost no use for them. Cant make a fort out of armour now can we? wait... can we? ._.

5. Cake mix.

Exceptions to the do NOT list
1. 'Fun'powder and string.
2. Torches, can never have to many torches
3. Ores (including diams) if you donate in bulk (like what byroe did) as we can use them as building blocks to make stuff look fancy.
4. rule34
5. Fully made cakes are fine though

What we are mainly looking for are building materials, like Stone (and variations), Sand (and variations), wood (and variations), glorious glorious obby, wool (which i promise not to steal) and coal. TNT is helpful too, if we need to level a mountain or whatnot. Remember, the treasury will not be a; Bank, Armoury, Vault, Recycling plant or other forms of personal storage for items you no longer need. Only the leaders will have access to the donations and all requests for its use HAS to be acknowledged by all leaders beforehand.

TL,DNR: HURR DURR, NO DONATE USELESS STUFF, ONLY BUILDING MATERIALS. THIS IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL STORAGE. LEADERS HAVE TO BE TOLD ABOUT ALL TRANSACTIONS. HERPA-DERP DERRRP. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 17 Oct 2011, 00:45

How does Rule 34 apply here at all? ._.

As a show of good nature, I'll be by tomorrow to donate something useful on behalf of Beorn.

Post by 697134002 » 17 Oct 2011, 00:50

aflycon wrote:How does Rule 34 apply here at all? ._.

As a show of good nature, I'll be by tomorrow to donate something useful on behalf of Beorn.
Donate "stuff".
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

random980

Post by random980 » 17 Oct 2011, 01:03

aflycon wrote:How does Rule 34 apply here at all? ._.
Because it was placed under the exceptions to armour, which had non, except of course obviously rule34, as rule34 effects everything in existence, even minecraft armour.
That is why it applies :D
Eekum Bokum

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 17 Oct 2011, 01:05

ok, i suggest that the plan to organize our work comes into affect ASAP (after the approval from leaders of course <33333)
everyone who would like to be working on a particular thing post a number 1,2 or 3 to work on either
finishing the clocktower,working on the HQ or doing more roads.
also just to note to anyone considering donating. donations of stone and wood are VERY much appreciated.
-ziggylord *INFINANTE LOVE TO ALL!*

random980

Post by random980 » 17 Oct 2011, 06:42

ziggylord wrote:ok, i suggest that the plan to organize our work comes into affect ASAP (after the approval from leaders of course <33333)
everyone who would like to be working on a particular thing post a number 1,2 or 3 to work on either
finishing the clocktower,working on the HQ or doing more roads.
also just to note to anyone considering donating. donations of stone and wood are VERY much appreciated.
-ziggylord *INFINANTE LOVE TO ALL!*
Eekum Bokum

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 17 Oct 2011, 17:55

i approve that picture.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 17 Oct 2011, 22:12

random980 wrote:
Stack of iron blocks!? wow, you deserve a biscuit.

I think i should also make it clear on what NOT to donate. :?
1. 'Scraps'. Your unwanted, left-over materials, like 3 feathers or/and 2 bones and/or a few bits of gravel and arrows. If you dont want them chances are, nether do we.

2. Tools. chances are the tools you donate will end up being redistributed right back to you :| (and everyone else). Donating materials like sticks and iron for making tools is perfectly fine though.

3. Diamonds. I want to make this clear. The treasury is NOT a bank. all items you donate will be used on future projects. While Diamonds are a welcome donation :D the only use we honestly have for them is for making tools, which as stated, is pretty pointless.

4. Armour, like diamonds, except we have almost no use for them. Cant make a fort out of armour now can we? wait... can we? ._.

5. Cake mix.

Exceptions to the do NOT list
1. 'Fun'powder and string.
2. Torches, can never have to many torches
3. Ores (including diams) if you donate in bulk (like what byroe did) as we can use them as building blocks to make stuff look fancy.
4. rule34
5. Fully made cakes are fine though

What we are mainly looking for are building materials, like Stone (and variations), Sand (and variations), wood (and variations), glorious glorious obby, wool (which i promise not to steal) and coal. TNT is helpful too, if we need to level a mountain or whatnot. Remember, the treasury will not be a; Bank, Armoury, Vault, Recycling plant or other forms of personal storage for items you no longer need. Only the leaders will have access to the donations and all requests for its use HAS to be acknowledged by all leaders beforehand.

TL,DNR: HURR DURR, NO DONATE USELESS STUFF, ONLY BUILDING MATERIALS. THIS IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL STORAGE. LEADERS HAVE TO BE TOLD ABOUT ALL TRANSACTIONS. HERPA-DERP DERRRP. :D
also we need stuff for pvp.
and enderpearls... a lot of enderpearls...
btw i put the iron blocks in a semi safe place away from my stuff.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 17 Oct 2011, 23:22

i have already donated a bunch of building and PVP mats
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 17 Oct 2011, 23:53

why do we need ender pearls?

random980

Post by random980 » 18 Oct 2011, 08:20

Byroe wrote: also we need stuff for pvp.
and enderpearls... a lot of enderpearls...
btw i put the iron blocks in a semi safe place away from my stuff.
The PvP stuff can be donated to our armoury, you know that really old cobble building in saphiri? near the entrance? that has a few chests in it and is otherwise empty? Has a sign saying armoury on it? No?
Actually with our 'advancements' into the PvP world we should reuse the old armory.

The treasury on the other hand is mainly JUST building mats.
and why do we need ender pearls?
Eekum Bokum

rbk95

Post by rbk95 » 18 Oct 2011, 10:10

For those who dont know, in 1.9 enderpearls will be able to be thrown and where they land you will teleported there i believe, do correct me if im wrong.

rbk95

Post by rbk95 » 18 Oct 2011, 10:17

ATTENTION
I will be submitting teams again as the pvp comp was moved to this weekend, so please say if you would still like to participate again. I will submit teams on Friday the 21st
Thx,
rbk95
aka
Arbykay95

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 18 Oct 2011, 12:41

So, I've been talking to random about having Port Royal join as part of the USSR! If you'll have us that is, I'll gladly get a flag rigged up (I'll need to know what it is) and whatever we'll need to do. We're fairly small at the moment, in North Fyra.
WWTDD

SirDoom
Team Enigma

Post by SirDoom » 18 Oct 2011, 15:22

Well, not to be outdone in the category of "Donator to the USSR", I've left a small donation in my usual spot (The chest inside my little resource building by Las Doshgas).

This first donation consists of-

18 stacks of stone blocks
5 stacks of white wool
1 stack of standard logs
1 stack of TNT
1 stack of Iron Blocks
1 stack of Mossy Cobblestone

All 5 leaders have been added to this chest, and are free to access it at any time to pick up the contents. I'll try to refill it with nice things here and there as needed ^_^

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 18 Oct 2011, 15:34

@ziggylord I believe enderpearls, when thrown, teleport you to the location the land on. Which is incredibly useful.

@SMWasder of course we'll accept you! as far as i know all of the leaders have agreed to let you in during our last meeting. If not they can voice any concerns here. Anyways, the current flag is a very simple green and white checkered pattern 5x7 i believe. You don't have to necessarily use a flag, you can use banners if they are more your thing. Just make sure whatever you use is visible. We are working on a possible redesign for the flag but that should do for the moment.

@ SirDoom GASP! Thanks! someone should be able to get to that soon. Since construction on the treasury and storage areas are still going on they may be there for a while. just saying...
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 Oct 2011, 16:10

correct they do teleport. however you take falling damage...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Qazedt

Post by Qazedt » 18 Oct 2011, 20:06

I want to compete in the PvP event again.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 18 Oct 2011, 20:16

vallorn wrote:correct they do teleport. however you take falling damage...
You take two hearts' damage, plus any you get from falling or derping upon landing.

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 18 Oct 2011, 20:35

rbk95 wrote:For those who dont know, in 1.9 enderpearls will be able to be thrown and where they land you will teleported there i believe, do correct me if im wrong.
apparently it will no work in multiplayer because mojang hates us.

also doom needs some cool present tohim from USSR imma make him a monument in the spare space on my plot cause that donation made me cry...also all wool is to be held in a chest random has no acces to untill further notice :3
jk jk
Last edited by aflycon on 18 Oct 2011, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We have an edit button. Use it.

random980

Post by random980 » 18 Oct 2011, 21:59

ziggylord wrote:also all wool is to be held in a chest random has no acces to untill further notice :3
jk jk
I, but, what!?... awww. :cry:
I still have Sir Dooms overly generous gift of a chestful of stacks of wool to use on Solar City anyway :D
Eekum Bokum

rbk95

Post by rbk95 » 19 Oct 2011, 13:49

As i said before you need to post again if you wanna do the pvp comp this saturday, you have 2 days before i sumbit the ussr teams

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 19 Oct 2011, 17:46

volstag, y u no finish clocktower?!?!

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 19 Oct 2011, 18:10

My donation to the USSR is ready, however I couldn't see any of the leaders online. Let me know you're ready next time any of you leaders see me.

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 19 Oct 2011, 18:19

Byroe wrote:volstag, y u no finish clocktower?!?!
It's basically done except for the clock face. I was under the impression that sax wanted to do it since he built that test area underground. If you want me to do it thats fine. I just need a lot of glowstone.

Oh yes, Hozay_Vera (I think i got the name right) wants to join the USSR. I haven't been on recently to give a test. He should post here soon though. So if you could get him started i'd appreciate it.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 19 Oct 2011, 22:10

so when are we gonna post the teams (or even make them) cause we havent done so yet and i would like to get to it since i love the PVP :D
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 20 Oct 2011, 00:31

aflycon wrote:My donation to the USSR is ready, however I couldn't see any of the leaders online. Let me know you're ready next time any of you leaders see me.
oooh, put the donation in your old (my new) corinth house, i will pass it on to the treasury.

Actually, we should probably give someone the title of treasurer (and vice treasurer if necessary). This person/s would handle all the donations going in and out and maybe keep a log of who donated what and when. This would be one of the only actually serious jobs in the USSR. We need someone trust worthy and punctual to do it.
Or we can just dump all donations into a large room full of chests... :?
Eekum Bokum

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 20 Oct 2011, 00:39

random980 wrote:
aflycon wrote:My donation to the USSR is ready, however I couldn't see any of the leaders online. Let me know you're ready next time any of you leaders see me.
oooh, put the donation in your old (my new) corinth house, i will pass it on to the treasury.

Actually, we should probably give someone the title of treasurer (and vice treasurer if necessary). This person/s would handle all the donations going in and out and maybe keep a log of who donated what and when. This would be one of the only actually serious jobs in the USSR. We need someone trust worthy and punctual to do it.
we have a rather large room of chests behind the 38, check it out sometimes.

After working a strenuous nine minutes, the station for the trains is operational.
if anyone wants to connect their fyra town to "lucky 38 town" (no longer los doshgas) there are 7 slots available.

random980

Post by random980 » 20 Oct 2011, 00:53

Byroe wrote:
random980 wrote:

we have a rather large room of chests behind the 38, check it out sometimes.

After working a strenuous nine minutes, the station for the trains is operational.
if anyone wants to connect their fyra town to "lucky 38 town" (no longer los doshgas) there are 7 slots available.
Why did you change the name back to lucky 38 town? We all agreed on Los Doshgas.
Eekum Bokum