Branchscape

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
LS13
Retired

Re: Branchscape

Post by LS13 » 23 Feb 2012, 18:38

:P Ok my tree is postponed again. Still trying to adjust to being a mentor. So much green...
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 23 Feb 2012, 18:47

>.< Okay... next time I see a mod, op, or admin online I'm going to request that they change the chat channel to 'light red'. With the current number of mentors I acknowledge that it is very difficult otherwise.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 23 Feb 2012, 18:48

Lol yeah. Lol, pressing tab is funny now, so much green
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 23 Feb 2012, 21:00

Ok everyone, the Branchscape pool is now open! It it behind my private tree. If you dont know where that is, there are a few different ways of getting there.

Go to Seru's Mob Killing Arena (Sorry, don't know the full name) and the path to it is on the hill ubove it.

Or, go to the path leading to Serus tree. There is another sand path to the left of it. Take that and it will lead you there

The entrace to all the slides are around Giant Mushrooms, so they ar easy to spot. Please read the rules of the pool before entering. They are on the sand path leading to the pool. (Its a sand and wood board with signs on them) If you have any questions about the pool, please ask away!
Spoiler! :

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 23 Feb 2012, 21:03

The pool also has a cafe in the top floor, 1 main slide, 2 identical racing slides, and a hot tub with a relaxing area. Anyone is welcome anytime. If im on, I sometimes will doing little raffles. Its fun, and very cheap!
Spoiler! :

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 23 Feb 2012, 22:36

fanfare.jpeg
FANFARE!
THE BRANCHSCAPE OP HAS HIT 100 EDITS!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 24 Feb 2012, 17:02

Nevermind guys, pools closed. Ice all melted. Sorry
Spoiler! :

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 24 Feb 2012, 17:05

Ahem. In the light of the 100th OP edit, we are starting work back up on the BR town hall. This is a project similar to the mushroom cavern, as we are hollowing out 'the mound'

The 'mound' is a large hill whose entrance can be accessed from over a small bridge over a brook by the BR main tree.

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 24 Feb 2012, 19:26

Ok Tanis. First three things on the list done. I checked them off. Refer to your list if your confused which ones they are! Check out the plots which the evicted houses were on. I tried to make it look normal and natural. Tell me whacha think! Three down, Eleven+ more to go!

*Sighs*
Spoiler! :

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 24 Feb 2012, 22:01

How's the private tree going ? :)
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 24 Feb 2012, 22:41

AHAHAHAHAHA.
~Oh zin you so funny...

Ahem.
Its erm... In the planning stages. Check back in with me at the end of tomorrow and I should have the base of the trunk done. Sorry, I've been managing a fair number of items including an alliance with HT, several new projects around BR, and repaying a few debts.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 25 Feb 2012, 03:17

No rush, just don't forget about me ;)
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Feb 2012, 10:11

Righto

ItchyNL
Wabbit Killa

Post by ItchyNL » 25 Feb 2012, 10:26

Tanis you forgot someone on the residents list

Leaver dea as slaef

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Feb 2012, 10:46

OHO! I actually forgot a couple people... Need to do another sweep of the main tree.
Also... Forgot you made your own tree... My bad :?

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 25 Feb 2012, 16:20

Tanis, word to the wise. Dont take on more than you can chew when it comes to projects like this. Establish a chain of command and send orders down the line if needed. 1 man cannot make an army, and 1 builder cannot build a city.

If things get too much, just work on one thing till its done. keep on that untill you have things sorted.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Feb 2012, 16:52

Right. Thanks for the advice.

And I know this. I also know that there are just so many people that want to help out. But the most difficult part is figuring out how they can help out...

Its true that we need a chain of command around Branchscape. I have been thinking about this, even more since my trip to HT the other day. Branchscape does not have districts persay, which makes it rather difficult to divide up. I will be working on this problem for the next couple of days. If anyone has any suggestions on how chain of command should work, or who should be put in what positions, please PM me. (Although please do not PM asking for a position, only recomendations of others)

For the next little while, I will not be online very much. Today was probably the most consecutive time I will spend in game until spring break. When I do get on, I will be working on private trees as this is the area in which there is the most demand. Please do not ask me questions in game, because I will have very little time as it is, but rather PM me over the forums. Seru should be back on monday, and we will discuss the chain of command then and implement it by next weekend.

We now have 2 public mines in the works. You can talk to strnad or welwyn if you would like to help with either of these. M477 is in charge of the town hall. I have started a design on the of that roof that I will finish at some later point (M477 we need to take out the back wall of the mound for more room). Talk to him if you would like to help with the town hall. TTW has a list of things to clean up around branchscape that I have assigned her. Ask her if you would like to help with those. A big thank you to those that have been gathering resources for project bubbles. As soon as seru gets back, go ahead and ask him where he wants to put project bubbles. The first dome will have a 10 block radius.

TyreseEngineer and LS13, I need the coords of your town from within the nether so that we can begin thinking about how to hook up all the BR towns.

Gannondorf, your 20 dia tree is finished, let me know if it is suitable.
Up next for me: Trovo22's 20 dia tree and Zinrius's 20 dia tree.

As always, thanks for all the help you guys have given me, and great work everyone.

welwyn

Post by welwyn » 25 Feb 2012, 16:56

Perfect, putting it into words helps people understand what next to do, and who to ask if they wish to help. Should help focus our efforts a little more, getting each project done much faster!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Feb 2012, 17:53

Heh, would help if everyone in BR checked the topic, but I'm assuming that the people mentioned therein can let other residents know about this.

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 25 Feb 2012, 21:25

Ok Tanis, The chest is full. If you could take some of the cobble and stuff out, I can fill it more. I took out 1 gravel to fit in the last stack of wood. You should be good for one tree now I would think. I got some pretty good deals, so we have a good amount of wood, and a few leaves that a guy threw in free. Need more leaves? Just clear out the chest and I will keep filling!
Spoiler! :

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 26 Feb 2012, 06:02

Alright you may have noticed my absence but that is due to a very long story that ends up me being locked in the last alpha version for a while until I figure something out. Probably be a week, depends how long it takes to sort things out
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 26 Feb 2012, 10:43

Thats fine wild, let me know once you get everything sorted out ;)

Ttw go ahead and take out all the cobble and non tree stuff in that chest. Toss it, smelt it, whatever, but I don't need it.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Branchscape

Post by J4Numbers » 26 Feb 2012, 12:21

These are the pictures that you wanted,
Take what you will, if you want more ask.
http://imgur.com/a/ekNKF

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 26 Feb 2012, 12:28

Thank you. ^_^

Tothewhat
Retired

Post by Tothewhat » 26 Feb 2012, 12:55

Mmmk Tanis. :lol:

Whose pretty tree is THAT inthe pictures! 8-)
Spoiler! :

Choiku!

Post by Choiku! » 26 Feb 2012, 13:13

i is building Zin's tree

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 26 Feb 2012, 14:06

Thanks. You can use my base of the trunk vid at the bottom of the OP to help if you need it.

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 26 Feb 2012, 16:54

Tothewhat wrote:Mmmk Tanis. :lol:

Whose pretty tree is THAT inthe pictures! 8-)
Waffles?

ItchyNL
Wabbit Killa

Post by ItchyNL » 26 Feb 2012, 16:57

I bet its mine

Leaver dea as slaef

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 26 Feb 2012, 17:15

Tl;Dr
OK so tanis, green works why change it. Just have to get used to it. I did. Seascape location. Under venomms castle? It was to be taken down no? If not there is plenty of space else where. Lets see oh working on website updates. The 100 edits doesn't count me :P uh ya, anything I missed?
ImageImage
Bahhhh