The USSR general discussion thread!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
tanisjihanis
Retired

Re: The USSR (Saphiri) general discussion thread!

Post by tanisjihanis » 12 Jan 2012, 20:58

This is a question adressed to the USSR regarding their city 'Saphiri'

I am requesting permission to include Saphiri among the 'historical' creations I will be featuring in the video detailed below...
http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=7&t=5969
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

random980

Post by random980 » 13 Jan 2012, 00:05

I dont see why not. :D
Youll have to wait for the others to reply though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 13 Jan 2012, 20:13

is goof idea :D
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 14 Jan 2012, 03:32

IM NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!! PARTEH TIMEEE!
but really im back! i am going to be on less though as i got an x-box and skyrim, battlefield 3 and new vegas...

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 14 Jan 2012, 04:18

i wonder if ziggy is still alive.
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why we call it the present."

ziggylord

Post by ziggylord » 14 Jan 2012, 04:52

me too... WAIT A MINUTE!

saxaphonepwns

Post by saxaphonepwns » 18 Jan 2012, 20:35

To all who may have missed me I thought i may want to post on here to say hi and to say if anyone ever wants to get a hold of me just add me on skype at "Saxaphonepwns" my name on it. 8-)
I also agree with the video idea. :D

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 18 Jan 2012, 20:39

Thanks guys, promise to make it as decent as I can.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 29 Jan 2012, 06:52

Howdy, Allies.
We (Draconax) have a thread now, so if you need to discuss anything with us, use that :)
Link
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 29 Jan 2012, 08:39

Without wishing to irritate anyone, I'm respectfully revoking Port Royal's membership of the USSR due to shenanigans. I would like to remain allies, and I will keep the flag up (unless you don't want to). You are more than welcome to build an embassy. Since I'm working for DIAS now, I thought it seemed fair to be allies with both the USSR and the DSSR, and keep Port Royal independent.

I'm under the impression that the USSR and the DSSR are good allies, so hopefully it's not big deal. It's not like PR is a sprawling metropolis anyway.
WWTDD

random980

Post by random980 » 29 Jan 2012, 11:24

SMWasder wrote:Without wishing to irritate anyone, I'm respectfully revoking Port Royal's membership of the USSR due to shenanigans. I would like to remain allies, and I will keep the flag up (unless you don't want to). You are more than welcome to build an embassy. Since I'm working for DIAS now, I thought it seemed fair to be allies with both the USSR and the DSSR, and keep Port Royal independent.

I'm under the impression that the USSR and the DSSR are good allies, so hopefully it's not big deal. It's not like PR is a sprawling metropolis anyway.
Well if nothing is changing at all i dont really see why the membership revoke is necessary. Can we get a proper reason why? If its just because you are with the DIAS now... Well the DSSR and USSR are like twin brothers, why not just be under combined rule?. Dont see why you cant keep the flag up. Its a good flag.

Other News. I dont really see much point in actually making a train line between Lucky38 and TTT, not only will it pretty much never be used once built, its going to take to long to build and just wont be fun. If we dont have anymore projects besides restoring Saphiri, i reckon its about time we organised the Empires of Terra Olympics! (ETO) USSR V DSSR V Corinth (and any other recognizable empire willing to join, like Branchscape)
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 29 Jan 2012, 12:44

random980 wrote:
SMWasder wrote:Without wishing to irritate anyone, I'm respectfully revoking Port Royal's membership of the USSR due to shenanigans. I would like to remain allies, and I will keep the flag up (unless you don't want to). You are more than welcome to build an embassy. Since I'm working for DIAS now, I thought it seemed fair to be allies with both the USSR and the DSSR, and keep Port Royal independent.

Well if nothing is changing at all i dont really see why the membership revoke is necessary. Can we get a proper reason why? If its just because you are with the DIAS now... Well the DSSR and USSR are like twin brothers, why not just be under combined rule?. Dont see why you cant keep the flag up. Its a good flag.

Other News. I dont really see much point in actually making a train line between Lucky38 and TTT, not only will it pretty much never be used once built, its going to take to long to build and just wont be fun. If we dont have anymore projects besides restoring Saphiri, i reckon its about time we organised the Empires of Terra Olympics! (ETO) USSR V DSSR V Corinth (and any other recognizable empire willing to join, like Branchscape)
Huh... I didn't realise that the USSR & DSSR were that close. Ignore the whole thing then I guess.
WWTDD

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 29 Jan 2012, 12:52

@SMWasder - Glad thats all settled then!

@XDelphi - Awesome you guys have your own thread! I'll go say hi!

@Random - Yeah, the rail is probably a bad idea. We also need to make the Lucky 38 town more of a town and less of a giant square and houses separated by a tunnel... I'll make some changes to the project list.

Also an olympics event might be cool. We'd need a city to host it and of course events. Other than some sort of gladiatorial fighting i can't really think of an event in minecraft. Obstacle courses maybe? Also we should include other towns as well.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

Byroe

Post by Byroe » 29 Jan 2012, 17:33

ive noticed that without vacations from school, things get done reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllly slowly, Im sure everything will pick up around summer.

jonnybo72

Post by jonnybo72 » 30 Jan 2012, 00:17

WOOT
(\ /)
( ._. )
(V V)
FRIGGIN BUNNY

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 00:28

Byroe wrote:ive noticed that without vacations from school, things get done reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllly slowly, Im sure everything will pick up around summer.
Im about to finish my holidays :?

As for a town to host it, well, why not Solar City! :D I have a large spleef arena with a large viewing area. We can probably make my jump course into an event. I can make the pool at the bottom of the spleef larger and we can use it for swimming races and there is a LOT of room to add new buildings and things that will be needed for the Olympics. Also Solar City is fairly easy to get to! I can start on making an athletes lodge right away!
All we need to do is make a thread about it, contact the empires, agree on a start date and then set it up.
Sound good?

EDIT: Looking over the leader meeting notes (yes i still have them >_<) we planned on building a Player V Mob tower. If we build one we can certainly use it for an event
Eekum Bokum

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 30 Jan 2012, 11:40

I have to say, Solar City would be a pretty cool place for an Olympics.

Erm, I was wondering, about the TTT/PR rail line, would it be ok if I make a funky bridge? the current stonebrick looks a little plain.
WWTDD

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 30 Jan 2012, 14:16

random980 wrote:

I appreciate the offer and recognition for Branchscape to be one of the participating members in an event such as this. Unfortunately, BR no longer resides in terra, as it was moved to borjan shortly after it opened. Does the offer still stand even though BR isn't in terra?

Volstag9

Post by Volstag9 » 30 Jan 2012, 15:28

@Random, my only concern is the possibility of death. Even if you do make the pool larger. Maybe build some of the things on the ground.

@Tanis I'm fine with it. If its just Terra then there would only be two maybe 3 teams at most.

Remember everyone, nothing is set in stone just yet. Once we actually get some ideas together i think i'll or someone else will make a thread about an olympics idea.
USSR. United. Soviet. Saphirian. Republiks. That's how you spell it.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:15

@Tanis: Borjan, Terra, close enough. I only really named it Empires of Terra Olympic because pretty much all the empires are in/started out in Terra.

@Vol, what do you mean build things on the ground? You dont like the idea of making a long jump over the edge of Solar? Of course im going to build things on the ground, there so much room for it to! The only things actually on the cloud will be the spleef and the athlete lodge. As far as health/injury goes. Ill ask Wokka if i can get a hospital put in Solar City.
So i assume everyone is cool with this idea? Ok now we need event ideas! So far we have,
Spleef. Swimming. Hurdles. Jump Course. Player V Mob and Archery. Any more ideas comrades?
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:22

A labyrinth made out of cloth, so it's like clouds. Maybe set up pistons and stuff beneath some walls, making traps and secret passages.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:36

A Labyrinth event would be cool, take some time to set up though, ummm is anyone good with making these and is willing to make a good one out near Solar City?

I have also sent invitations to Branchscape, Corinth, Solake and Leprosyville and RSTP
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:46

How big could it be? I'd like to see how good of one I can make in ssp and see if it could be implemented.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:53

LS13 wrote:How big could it be? I'd like to see how good of one I can make in ssp and see if it could be implemented.
Try making one in creative, easier to build and no iffy cross-game copying is needed at the end.
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:54

Ok, but how big could it be if it was multi floor?

random980

Post by random980 » 31 Jan 2012, 00:02

LS13 wrote:Ok, but how big could it be if it was multi floor?
it can be 60x50 with maybe a 3 story height limit. If you want to make it higher make the entrance at about the 4th story. You have plenty of room for basements as well.
Eekum Bokum

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 31 Jan 2012, 00:10

Ok, sweet. Time to start working :D

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 31 Jan 2012, 06:19

make albyrinth with loads of left turns, but the end is on the first right, just to see how few people find it.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

random980

Post by random980 » 31 Jan 2012, 07:24

RobipodSupreme wrote:make albyrinth with loads of left turns, but the end is on the first right, just to see how few people find it.
trololololololol :twisted:

Does anyone know how i go about getting a hospital put into Solar City?
Eekum Bokum

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 09:07

Event suggestion: parcour course.

Also: If branchscape has enough people interested in being athletes, we'll be there for sure!