The Labyrinth/Undercity

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

The Labyrinth/Undercity

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 24 Feb 2011, 16:35

Undercity
Hello everyone, Wtd21 has made a new city! BiggerKahonas and I are sub rulers and we have just opened it to be public. It it completely underground, and you enter in a shack that is located at coordinates x- (-32) y- (73) z- (82) it is behind a wall made of cobble in a small shack near a giant Escapist E. All server rules apply and the rest of the rules are in the lobby by the cauldron. To build wait for WTD21 or I or instruct you to do so and where.
It Features:
-A public couldren
-public mining area
-tree farm
-2 stone generators
-A small public mob trap
-wheat farm
-sugar cane farm
-and new escape game called The Labyrinth which we will talk about below
-2 public mob traps (one comes from a spider dungeon, and puts out a lot of string)
-automatic cactus farm with a light to tell you when the cactus is ready to be picked.
-trade/housing center for player houses (14x14) and stores (8x8). (a player can have up to 1 of each.)
-underground biome center for looks, and spawns friendly mobs.
-The Hall of fame (where people who helped with the city, or finished The Labyrinth)
-public lava gathering area
-community chest to place unwanted items, or look for items some people may have placed in it.
-public incinerator-Spleef Arena

Works in progress:
-Above ground city that can be reached through our tunnel.
-lottery game where one can win up to a diamond block
-public library
---------If you have any Ideas about more additions to the city, please leave them in the replies.
---------If you were to build it yourself COMPLETELY for the public use you may get a place in The Hall of
--------- Fame provided it is useful.

If you want a plot, leave an aplication in the replies and we will get back to you about your free plot when you get on.
plots are 14x14 with a height that must be reasonable.
Applications should be
-Name
-rank
-reason for joining (optional)
-and any useful skills you have along with other information.
Also we have plots for stores that are 8x8 if you want to build any they are free too but fill out a similar application but also put...
-store name
-products sold there

The Labyrinth
Designed by: Yours truly (DnlVickers5)
Assistence from: Wtd21 and Bidderkahonas
This maze is of resettable redstone circuits, mobs, lava, and algebra, "OH MY". You are set in the role of a captured prisoner who is trying to escape. Anyone who finishes this puzzle will get a slot in a side room to The Hall of Fame, to get this you must have WTD21 or I to watch you play through it. there is a glass observation deck reserved for WTD21, BiggerKahonas, Myself, and anyone who got into the hall of fame for The Labyrinth. There are some rules for those who want to try it.
Rules:
-You MUST be overseen before entering
-You are allowed 1 set of armor, no replacement pieces
-You are allowed as many weapons as you need, but NO BOWS, just swords
-You can bring 2 pieces of food, but you cannot get cake
-There can be two people to go in but
-You cannot get in The Hall of Fame with 2 people
-You must split all of the supplies I just mentioned, no doubling up. so...
-Ex. only 1 set of armor overall like player 1 gets a helmet and boots while player 2 get chest and legs
-it applies to food, only 1 food each, and still no cake
-No two groups can be in at the same time because it requires a reset, so you would have to wait
-YOU CAN DIE there is nothing protecting you but yourself, so we don't want to hear about you being killed and won't get your stuff for you. Therefore don't take anything you aren't prepared to lose
-If you give up the only way out is death or /spawn, also Disconnecting is an automatic forfeit if you don't return in 5 minutes (unless there is a server problem).
-if something happens to the server and causes you to get the levers reset, unless you are at a point where it does not matter, we will have to ask you to get out at the next safe point (it is to prevent people from getting into the Hall of Fame without finishing properly.
-get to The Labyrinth by entering Undercity and going down the hall, if you aren't a resident you can still try it out.

Breaking any of these rules result in a first time misdemeanor, second time is you getting banned from The Labyrinth (you can appeal to a ban in a reply.) This maze also has 4 stations where if you are second guessing trying to finish it you can leave, but you cannot enter from here again later, you will have to start over (unless you were DCed and spawned on the top level, where you can restart from the last station you were at. It is at coordinates x- (-31) y- (7) z- (339) and you reach it by traveling from Undercity entrance to it. You can also go to the same x, and z coordinates above ground in a jail themed shack, look in a cell it there will be a lift down sign.

Thank you for readinf I will look forward to reading the posts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dnlvickers5 on 13 Mar 2011, 03:04, edited 11 times in total.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

Wildwill002

Re: The Labyrinth/Undercity

Post by Wildwill002 » 24 Feb 2011, 16:44

is that the labrynth thing i tried and then failed? the one with blocks floating above lave?
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 24 Feb 2011, 17:34

Will this pehaps have.....a boss? With access to....umm........fire blocks? :twisted:
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 24 Feb 2011, 17:36

Wildwill002 wrote:is that the labrynth thing i tried and then failed? the one with blocks floating above lave?
it was finished right when I posted it a little bit ago, thre are lava blocks but No one has done it yet I hope.
"All is fair in love and war.... this just so happens to be one of those two situations."

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 24 Feb 2011, 17:38

XDelphi wrote:Will this pehaps have.....a boss? With access to....umm........fire blocks? :twisted:
no that my D&D Dungeon that im gonna start this week.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

XDelphi

Post by XDelphi » 24 Feb 2011, 17:48

WHo you got as the boss Vall?
Meet the Staff | Worlds Apart | The Imperial City | Server & Forum Rules | The Store
"What are the odds of two elusive pastries?" - MKindy on his theory of conspiracy

wtd21
Site Contributor

Post by wtd21 » 24 Feb 2011, 17:55

Vallorn, you should come and finish the labyrinth. We don't want to lose our first lab rat...

ChirpsAreFlying

Post by ChirpsAreFlying » 24 Feb 2011, 19:38

I am down for a plot here. Haha. :P :) What would you like to know? Haha. :P :)
The Friendly Canadian. :)

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 24 Feb 2011, 20:28

ChirpsAreFlying wrote:I am down for a plot here. Haha. :P :) What would you like to know? Haha. :P :)
just leave your
-in game name
-why you want to join
- and any useful skills you have

Laptop_mini
Retired

Post by Laptop_mini » 24 Feb 2011, 21:36

I see my name.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 25 Feb 2011, 03:26

XDelphi wrote:WHo you got as the boss Vall?
any Mod or above that wants to be (Guess who volunteered!) as well as anyone who wants to be the dungeon master
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 25 Feb 2011, 14:26

Could i be dungeon master?
i have some experience with that...
not sure what purpose i would serve though in minecraft...
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 25 Feb 2011, 15:31

Hey vall, if you want to talk about this dungeon thing your doing, could it be in a separate post.... I want this to be for applicants to Undercity

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 25 Feb 2011, 16:53

Dnlvickers5 wrote:Hey vall, if you want to talk about this dungeon thing your doing, could it be in a separate post.... I want this to be for applicants to Undercity
sorry i didnt mean it too... and that projects on standby till i get enough resources together.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Dnlvickers5
Site Contributor

Post by Dnlvickers5 » 25 Feb 2011, 17:03

vallorn wrote:
Dnlvickers5 wrote:Hey vall, if you want to talk about this dungeon thing your doing, could it be in a separate post.... I want this to be for applicants to Undercity
sorry i didnt mean it too... and that projects on standby till i get enough resources together.
thank you