Argentia Thread

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
ntheawsome

Argentia Thread

Post by ntheawsome » 07 Apr 2011, 18:18

Well, aurora has been officially changed to Argentia now, here is where the discussion should go!

Mayor: Ntheawsome
Submayors: The_Fuzz22, Sampart1
Honorary People That Can Vote On The Mayoral Concil(HPTCVOTMC): Vallorn, Baily person (Sorry, Pm me with your name) Volstag9.
All that glitters is not gold, there's also diamonds and iron and redstone and...

The_Fuzz22

Re: Argentia Thread

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 08 Apr 2011, 01:18

ntheawsome wrote:Well, aurora has been officially changed to Argentia now, here is where the discussion should go!

Mayor: Ntheawsome
Submayors: The_Fuzz22, Sampart1
Honorary People That Can Vote On The Mayoral Concil(HPTCVOTMC): Vallorn, Baily person (Sorry, Pm me with your name) Volstag9.
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah baby
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Thoughts on How Crap the World is
My Music

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Apr 2011, 03:14

i can vote!? :shock:

thanks for that! :D

i vote you let Baily back in and evict anyone who voted for him to leave :lol:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 08 Apr 2011, 04:25

vallorn wrote:i vote you let Baily back in and evict anyone who voted for him to leave :lol:
In the interests of being moderate, perhaps maybe you shouldn't be voting.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Apr 2011, 04:42

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:
vallorn wrote:i vote you let Baily back in and evict anyone who voted for him to leave :lol:
In the interests of being moderate, perhaps maybe you shouldn't be voting.
im a jester Lord... i couldnt resist the chance to make that joke. (and the Lolsmily kind of gave it away)

il keep myself to an advisory role. they can ignore me if they so wish.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 11 Apr 2011, 12:20

So I've changed some of the signs leading to Argentia that were stilled titled Aurora.

Also, there's like... 3 houses near the back that are unfinished and haven't been worked on in a long time. I put signs by them too.
If it's ok with everyone we could remove them and free up some plots for new residents.
Shouting "teabag him" during any death-scene in Saving Private Ryan is a practice generally frowned upon.
My Music

ntheawsome

Post by ntheawsome » 11 Apr 2011, 15:18

Go ahead. Empty the plots. We will be getting many more residents because of our allience with the USSR. I will be on to help now that we have TNT :twisted:
All that glitters is not gold, there's also diamonds and iron and redstone and...

Evildeadalus

Post by Evildeadalus » 17 Apr 2011, 16:50

Might I say that this city has changed hands without my permision and it was mine in the first place. Ntheawsome please get back to me on this otherwise i will ask for your vet to be taken away and you will be evicted.
If you see a creeper in real life,
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Then seek counseling.

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 18 Apr 2011, 08:54

As I said in the original Aurora thread, this crap has gone on way too long.

I think a screenshot of all PMs between Evil and N is in order to clear this up, either way I'm getting sick of the constant drama that seems to come above turning a poorly organised and messy town into somewhere worth building a home in the first place.

Can I just make it clear that neither the original Mayor nor the "usurping" one has made a particularly good effort to enforce the rules that were laid down when the city was founded, in addition to dirt houses I find on a daily basis, farms (tree and wheat) that are emptied without replanting and a complete unwillingness by half the residents to keep personal construction within the plots they've been designated.

Where's the sense of responsibility? Not to mention a call for a little quality in buildings. I realise not everybody who plays Minecraft is particularly imaginative but I've always felt a bit of help in ensuring that every house is not a massive cobblestone box could go a long way. I mean, isn't that what multiplayer Minecraft is about? Working together to build the kind of stuff you could never manage yourself?

In short, Ntheawesome, you're a bad person for taking control of this town under the false assumption it had been transferred to you.
And Evil, I can't really blame him. You've been away for almost a month with no input whatsoever, the town is being neglected.

/rant.
My Music

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 18 Apr 2011, 08:57

Stay tuned for next week's episode of "Days of Our Escapian Lives."

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 18 Apr 2011, 08:58

SneakyPie wrote:Stay tuned for next week's episode of "Days of Our Escapian Lives."
<3 Sneaky

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 Apr 2011, 09:11

The_Fuzz22 wrote:As I said in the original Aurora thread, this crap has gone on way too long.

I think a screenshot of all PMs between Evil and N is in order to clear this up, either way I'm getting sick of the constant drama that seems to come above turning a poorly organised and messy town into somewhere worth building a home in the first place.

Can I just make it clear that neither the original Mayor nor the "usurping" one has made a particularly good effort to enforce the rules that were laid down when the city was founded, in addition to dirt houses I find on a daily basis, farms (tree and wheat) that are emptied without replanting and a complete unwillingness by half the residents to keep personal construction within the plots they've been designated.

Where's the sense of responsibility? Not to mention a call for a little quality in buildings. I realise not everybody who plays Minecraft is particularly imaginative but I've always felt a bit of help in ensuring that every house is not a massive cobblestone box could go a long way. I mean, isn't that what multiplayer Minecraft is about? Working together to build the kind of stuff you could never manage yourself?

In short, Ntheawesome, you're a bad person for taking control of this town under the false assumption it had been transferred to you.
And Evil, I can't really blame him. You've been away for almost a month with no input whatsoever, the town is being neglected.

/rant.
hey Fuzz why dont you just take over. trust me keeping a settlement together is no mean feat. (looks at how Vault88 turned out).
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 18 Apr 2011, 09:42

vallorn wrote:
The_Fuzz22 wrote:As I said in the original Aurora thread, this crap has gone on way too long.

/rant.
hey Fuzz why dont you just take over. trust me keeping a settlement together is no mean feat. (looks at how Vault88 turned out).
I completely understand it's not the easiest thing in the word but I feel there's some pretty basic things being entirely overlooked here.
I'd love to take over, already thought about starting my own town nearby but have been unable to find a decent area as of yet. Either way I'm waiting for a couple of friends to get Minecraft with me so we can work together.
My Music

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 18 Apr 2011, 09:44

The_Fuzz22 wrote:I completely understand it's not the easiest thing in the word but I feel there's some pretty basic things being entirely overlooked here.
I'd love to take over, already thought about starting my own town nearby but have been unable to find a decent area as of yet. Either way I'm waiting for a couple of friends to get Minecraft with me so we can work together.
Plenty of new area in Fyra. I don't think there are any settlements there yet.

Free for the picking. Been thinking about a Sneakdom there myself.

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 18 Apr 2011, 12:21

vallorn wrote: hey Fuzz why dont you just take over. trust me keeping a settlement together is no mean feat. (looks at how Vault88 turned out).
It can also be a fun and joyous time as well, See the Royal Sheep as a semi-Good Example of how well a town can be with just a hint of help ;3

Edit - Just want to add this is by no means a cheap shot at V88 <_>
Double Edit - Or a cheap shot at Argentia or... whatever this town is called...
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 Apr 2011, 12:45

take as many shots you want at my Vault... nothing ever went right with it... (and most of the issues were Lava related :P )
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 18 Apr 2011, 13:49

I've totally claimed an area in Fyra. Building a preliminary border as we speak. If anyone's in the mood to clear trees/flatten land/build a real wall/provide building material/claim a plot in the as of yet un-named town/come up with a name for the town/watch me slave away... Be my guest.
My Music

ntheawsome

Post by ntheawsome » 25 Apr 2011, 01:35

God.

I just come back from my trip to Belize and I find everybody quarreling. In truth, Evil and I discussed this "re-possession" of this town. I clearly made my point in our conversation that Aurora/ Argentia would become mine and that he would stay as an unofficial advisor to the mayor. There is clearly a misunderstanding somewhere in here be it by me, or evil. If necessary, I will share the control of this town with evil to prevent the town from complete disintegration

Signed,

Ntheawsome, current keeper of The Town That's Fate Is Yet To Be Reviled

Laptop_mini
Retired

Post by Laptop_mini » 25 Apr 2011, 02:57

Milo_Windby wrote: It can also be a fun and joyous time as well, See the Royal Sheep as a semi-Good Example of how well a town can be with just a hint of help ;3
wu-... wu-.. wut? Semi good? dsggsknvjldsvlsda RSTP is perfect!

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 25 Apr 2011, 12:15

Laptop_mini wrote:
Milo_Windby wrote: It can also be a fun and joyous time as well, See the Royal Sheep as a semi-Good Example of how well a town can be with just a hint of help ;3
wu-... wu-.. wut? Semi good? dsggsknvjldsvlsda RSTP is perfect!
This is what is called "Modesty" =3 You go and try to downplay what you say.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

daviejjd

Post by daviejjd » 12 May 2011, 10:29

Allright then guys, what kind of stuff do we have planned for the future?

The_Fuzz22

Post by The_Fuzz22 » 12 May 2011, 22:15

daviejjd wrote:Allright then guys, what kind of stuff do we have planned for the future?
Blinkin' 'eck Mark, you've been busy. Just seen the various monuments to your vanity you managed to erect over the last few days.

You should come join me in my new town, search Ajax on the forums.
Or. Y'know. Text me.
My Music

555mmm10

Post by 555mmm10 » 17 May 2011, 18:22

I already have I SMALL plot in argentia, I would really like to have a bigger one to build more stuff. Can you think about giving me a bigger plot in argentia. :D

Username:555mmm10

Evildeadalus

Post by Evildeadalus » 01 Jun 2011, 09:09

555mmm10 wrote:I already have I SMALL plot in argentia, I would really like to have a bigger one to build more stuff. Can you think about giving me a bigger plot in argentia. :D

Username:555mmm10
Sorry i haven't been on for so long as soon as surver updates i will get everything under control and sure you can have a bigger plot.
If you see a creeper in real life,
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Then seek counseling.

Cyphafrost

Post by Cyphafrost » 01 Jul 2011, 08:59

ntheawsome wrote:Honorary People That Can Vote On The Mayoral Concil(HPTCVOTMC): Vallorn, Baily person (Sorry, Pm me with your name) Volstag9.
Do you mean y04rsbailey?
CUT: Director of Evil Laughs and Head Scientist of WMD's (Weapons of Mass Downsizing)

Derp

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Jul 2011, 09:43

i can vote!? :shock:
OI YOU!
YES YOU!