Corinth

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: The Corinth Federation

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 14 Nov 2011, 01:47

I would like to formally announce that CreepsUTrust knows nothing and did nothing to finance an attempted takeover of the Corinthian Empire, the supposed Emperor of which once raising his voice in protestation at the company's dominance.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 14 Nov 2011, 03:04

I'm still trying to piece together what happened here..

._. You don't need to go, Tulon. D:

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 14 Nov 2011, 03:08

As owner of Kindytown, Corinth; as well as Kindy District, Beorn; and as an op, I think it's time we town cuboided Corinth. It meets all the requirements for it. If there are no objections, I'll begin when I'm able.

I imagine a master cuboid as the parent (just a 1x1 block somewhere), with sub-cuboids over each district (with greeting notices). Any active residents will have personal cuboids that are childed to the sub-cuboids which are childed to the master cuboid.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Nov 2011, 03:10

Afly il PM you the IRC logs of what happened.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 14 Nov 2011, 09:20

I would like to announce my intentions to harvest the old Briarton district for materials to be used in the new full version world. This will include tearing down all areas where I used my own personal materials;
Moriarty Headquarters, Moriarty Apartments, non-essential public roads, public farms, public decorations, parks, and the wool faces of Briar Tower.

If there are any objections to this by Alfy, or Deri, then I won't harvest anything. I know I am not technically the owner of Briarton anymore, but I did pour my heart, soul, and a bunch of materials into it that I want back for other things.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 14 Nov 2011, 09:58

furdabip wrote:I would like to announce my intentions to harvest the old Briarton district for materials to be used in the new full version world. This will include tearing down all areas where I used my own personal materials;
Moriarty Headquarters, Moriarty Apartments, non-essential public roads, public farms, public decorations, parks, and the wool faces of Briar Tower.

If there are any objections to this by Alfy, or Deri, then I won't harvest anything. I know I am not technically the owner of Briarton anymore, but I did pour my heart, soul, and a bunch of materials into it that I want back for other things.
Oh god please tell me that doesn't include your massive gigantic uber tree farm D:

My 2 cents: I've gone back into Terra, and Genesis, and Exitus, and just wandered around and explored. Finding abandoned towns and structures is always interesting, as its a window into a time long before I ever joined this server. Whenever I go into Corinth, I have a sort of morbid fascination with it, like its an urban metropolis once rich and powerful and thriving with people, but has now succumbed to decay and abandonment. Reading all the signs and seeing all the names on resident lists and such, mostly with names I've never heard of, enables someone to imagine just how many people once populated such a huge and awesome city.

You say you poured your "heart, soul, and a bunch of materials into it", but now you want to tear it down? You'll be removing a piece of history.
Please reconsider. :cry:

Furdabip
Poop

Post by Furdabip » 14 Nov 2011, 10:44

Aenir_bEPU wrote:Oh god please tell me that doesn't include your massive gigantic uber tree farm D:

My 2 cents: I've gone back into Terra, and Genesis, and Exitus, and just wandered around and explored. Finding abandoned towns and structures is always interesting, as its a window into a time long before I ever joined this server. Whenever I go into Corinth, I have a sort of morbid fascination with it, like its an urban metropolis once rich and powerful and thriving with people, but has now succumbed to decay and abandonment. Reading all the signs and seeing all the names on resident lists and such, mostly with names I've never heard of, enables someone to imagine just how many people once populated such a huge and awesome city.

You say you poured your "heart, soul, and a bunch of materials into it", but now you want to tear it down? You'll be removing a piece of history.
Please reconsider. :cry:
My tree farm has fallen into disrepair, and nobody seems to replant there. As a public service, I want to build a bigger tree farm, mob tower, cactus farm, and other essential farms at the full version map's spawn, easily accessible for people to use. But I, of course, won't be removing my tree farm from Corinth. It'd take a long time to do so and wouldn't be worth it.

But yeah... I guess for historical purposes leaving everything the way it was is the best solution. I just sometimes feel like all the work I did before I was banned is pointless now, and I want to take what materials I used during that time and reclaim them.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 14 Nov 2011, 14:50

It sounds like Corinth will be cuboided. This would mean that the tree farm could not be harvested unless it has a special cuboid.

@Afly and others. I'm not interested in being a member of a dead organization. And I'm not interested in being a member of a historical/cuboided town.
--Tulonsae

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 14 Nov 2011, 17:15

I use to replant the trees :( maybe you could do a Corinthian invasion using high tech flyers to invade alot of fyra ect and get ppl to join cas of ur awesomeness? :( good old Corinth before fyra

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 14 Nov 2011, 17:58

or MagmaTowns could invade Corinth and have fun with its war chests. :twisted:
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 14 Nov 2011, 18:11

Good luck... most of its "war chests" are hidden away outside of the city. :P

But in all honesty, the plan with Corinth - pending a response from Afly, of course - might be (as Tulonsae noted) to have it cuboided as a historical landmark. Anyone who currently resides there would have access to the cuboid for their area, of course, and if anyone wishes to retrieve their goods they certainly can. The town itself could use some fixing (to fix griefs and finish unfinished projects.. beautify too!) to make sure everything is good; we could always use volunteers for this. It's an important task - giving Corinth its final rites before it takes its place in history.

The Briarton tree farm could be cuboided as "build" to allow it to be public, but I know Furdabip has shown interest in making a tree farm near spawn. At present the tree-farm is one of the last main vestiges I can imagine being used actively by the public. The Briarton Mob Tower seems to be decommissioned due to the introduction of the Enderman.

As for the Corinth Federation itself, outside of the town? I've already decided to have Beorn step out of it, as I wish for the town to be neutral to all factions on the server. Tulonsae has now also removed Tulonville from the Federation. Beorn and Tulonville, and I expect New Bucks would remain sister-cities under a close relationship. Benchwood? I have no idea. Haven doesn't appear to be active. I will still retain some symbols of Corinth in my town, along with my own and Tulonville's, but I think it's safe to say that the Federation might be on hold until a "New Corinth" is built in the future. The last area to consider might be "Talon Co.," which was Jag's personal place in FS. Afly wishes to work on this, and to fix it up, and make it worthwhile. I don't think that's a bad idea, and I would hope to help with that also.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 14 Nov 2011, 18:12

vallorn wrote:or MagmaTowns could invade Corinth and have fun with its war chests. :twisted:
No. NO. Bad vallorn! No covering Corinth with lava! NO.

And I still use the Briarton tree farm whenever I need to get lots and lots of wood.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 14 Nov 2011, 18:22

derigin wrote:As for the Corinth Federation itself, outside of the town? I've already decided to have Beorn step out of it, as I wish for the town to be neutral to all factions on the server. Tulonsae has now also removed Tulonville from the Federation. Beorn and Tulonville, and I expect New Bucks would remain sister-cities under a close relationship. Benchwood? I have no idea. Haven doesn't appear to be active. I will still retain some symbols of Corinth in my town, along with my own and Tulonville's, but I think it's safe to say that the Federation might be on hold until a "New Corinth" is built in the future. The last area to consider might be "Talon Co.," which was Jag's personal place in FS. Afly wishes to work on this, and to fix it up, and make it worthwhile. I don't think that's a bad idea, and I would hope to help with that also.
All of this is true. As ruler of Corinth in Jagorrax's absence, I declare all alliances, treaties, hostilities, or any other form of connection between Corinth and other cities temporarily suspended.

Plans for the retiring of Corinth in Terra and a New Corinth in 1.9 are now underway. Work will begin as soon as possible to ensure a shorter amount of downtime in the Empire (we also need to settle on a name - when did it become Federation? ._.).

Post by 697134002 » 14 Nov 2011, 18:29

I would very much like to help with the new Corinth in 1.9.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 14 Nov 2011, 18:41

With that said, then, we will go ahead with the cuboiding/fixing up/restoring/finishing up of Corinth in Terra. For now, we will be setting up the cuboids and doing the work on that as we can, and a new thread giving out info on Corinth and setting up info for New Corinth 1.9. will be made sometime around 1.9.'s release. It will be a nice "fresh" start to Corinth, I think. Bringing about new times!

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 15 Nov 2011, 02:19

Val, looks like we have a new rival then in 1.0 for cities :)

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 15 Nov 2011, 07:50

Benchwood's out.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 15 Nov 2011, 12:44

Yeah, I have no problem with New Bucks remaining sister cities.
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 16 Nov 2011, 13:56

TyreseEngineer wrote:Yeah, I have no problem with New Bucks remaining sister cities.
Me neither XD
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 27 Nov 2011, 20:18

This comes with a heavy heart, but I am respectfully resigning from Corinth.

I have had great memories in Corinth, with its many denizens and its leaders, but the time has come to say goodbye. I no longer have the desire to run Corinth; despite its glorious past, I feel that I have completed all that I wanted to do for it. I have finished the unfinished projects I took on. I have tilled its soil, and I have seen it grow old. But I have also seen it become inactive. In the meantime, I had moved onto other projects, and took on other challenges... and the idea of "moving on" to greener pastures and focusing more on other projects appeals to me more now than ever. I've grown tired of running it, and holding me back... I do not want to remember Corinth for that. With that, I think it's time to step down.

The sole leadership now lies with Aflycon, in Jag's absence. The future of Corinth is fittingly yours to set, my friend.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 28 Nov 2011, 01:40

At this time, Corinth's future remains uncertain. As Derigin said, and old agreement between he, Jag, and I, allows leadership to default onto us (Derigin and myself) in his absence. With Derigin resigning and Jag still gone indefinitely, I now run Corinth by myself.

Many of the ACL's members have left. Tulon and Derigin resigned, Givemeabreak is largely inactive, as is Jagorrax. Presently, Furdabip, Ramza Ydoc, and I are the board's only prominent remaining members. An association cannot be run on three members, so I am announcing the official disbandment of the Association of Corinthian Leaders. I feel the only sensible thing to do now is to revert to Corinth's old system, placing me in the Emperor's throne and Furdabip at my side, as Legate. Other members have, as of this post, reverted to the rank of General.

The next matter of business is Corinthian property. Beorn and Tulonville both have seceded from the empire, leaving Haven City, Talon Co., Corinth (& districts), and Noblewood.

Corinth itself is in the process of being retired. Much of it has been renovated or restored, but there is still much work to be done. I can't offer an estimate on how long this will take, but eventually, records will be established and property distributed to its rightful owners. Abandoned homes in Corinth will not be torn down, but instead renovated and beautified. Any unclaimed plots will be sold or given away, and any open land will be converted to parks/monuments/more living space.

Talon Co. was one of Jagorrax's projects. It houses the largest Corinthian Vault, home to many of our legitimate resources. However, being his unfinished project, Talon Co. will await his return.

Haven City belonged to Givemeabreak. After a mass eviction at the end of August 2011, the city fell into abandonment and disrepair. If Givemeabreak has no intent to fix Haven City, it will default to ownership of 697134002. Should he choose not to accept it, Corinth will repossess the property and annex it or farm it for materials.

Noblewood is an independent district owned by Ramza Ydoc. It is still under development, but has homes for sale. I have no intent to use Noblewood as a device to re-establish Corinth, and Ramza Ydoc does with it what he pleases. At this time, Noblewood is the only entirely active district of Corinth.

You may be asking, "But Afly, what of Corinth in the future?"

I will not allow these times to be the end of Corinth. Though Old Corinth is retired, Talon Co. and Haven abandoned, a New Corinth will rise from its ashes, again returning the empire to its rightful place as the largest and most successful settlement known to Escapia.

For now, the Empire is at a standstill. All relations remain suspended. Further updates to follow.

Post by 697134002 » 28 Nov 2011, 01:42

aflycon wrote:The next matter of business is Corinthian property. Beorn and Tulonville both have seceded from the empire, leaving Haven City, Talon Co., Corinth (& districts), and Noblewood.

Haven City belonged to Givemeabreak. After a mass eviction at the end of August 2011, the city fell into abandonment and disrepair. If Givemeabreak has no intent to fix Haven City, it will default to ownership of 697134002. Should he choose not to accept it, Corinth will repossess the property and annex it or farm it for materials.I will not allow these times to be the end of Corinth. Though Old Corinth is retired, Talon Co. and Haven abandoned, a New Corinth will rise from its ashes, again returning the empire to its rightful place as the largest and most successful settlement known to Escapia..
I will help with New Corinth and, if given a decent amount of help (Haven is literally a town of potholes, but it CAN be repaired) fix Haven.

Also, for New Corinth, is there going to be a predetermined layout, so we can just take materials and build streets immediately?
Last edited by 697134002 on 28 Nov 2011, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

aflycon
Retired

Re: Corinth

Post by aflycon » 28 Nov 2011, 01:46

I'll help out with Haven. Corinth in Terra is the priority right now though.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 12 Dec 2011, 21:48

I say let Corinth retire. Reading through this thread is just depressing. I'd rather people remember the empire in it's glory days and not in it's current state. I think it's time we put it out of it's misery.

Time for me to start a new empire.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 12 Dec 2011, 22:27

Corinth in Terra will be retired once I'm finished with the castle (sooooo much cuboiding to do).

I also have plans for a new settlement, but if you'd like to start an entirely new empire, the choice is yours.

Also, now that you're back, I suppose leadership goes back to you.

yabai_ninja

Post by yabai_ninja » 12 Dec 2011, 23:04

Speaking of new empires, Derigin has mentioned to me vaguely, of starting such a thing. I'd like to help build a new large settlement in borjan and perhaps be in some position of power if I can.

random980

Post by random980 » 30 Jan 2012, 23:33

Wonder if anyone still uses this thread...
Mighty Corinth (or whats left of it) has been invited to the Empires of Terra Olympics! (ETO) The event will be in the near(ish) future as everything is still being set up and planned. Other possible participants include; USSR, DSSR, Branchscape and Solake. Event ideas would also be helpful, please post them in the USSR thread :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 31 Jan 2012, 09:02

... Is jag playing again...? Or was that just a random post?
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

freeskibrian

Post by freeskibrian » 03 Feb 2012, 00:03

Afly,
As you know ive adopted haven because i couldnt take being alone out there for such a long time XD. Haven is almost back on its feet and we are now able to start bringing in residents. Haven will always be part of the corinth empire and i hope that we can make it a strong part of it. Everyday i have been adding 1 to 2 residence to Haven/Freeville. (I consider Freeville to be Havens first District) I will have Haven back to its great self, all we need at the moment are some dedicated residences or members of corinth. Also a huge factor would be to get new people to join the town and to get it known through out Escapecraft. Haven defiantly has potential to be a great town. If we can get Haven into a big part of the Corinth empire, other cities and towns could start to follow which would lead to a stronger Empire.
-Freeskibrian (Mayor of Haven, Freeville)
Private message me for any questions or concerns

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 05 Feb 2012, 15:30

Sure, we'll join the Olympics.