Corinth

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Re: The Association of Corinthian Leaders (ACL)

Post by Tulonsae » 06 Jun 2011, 23:54

697134002 wrote:This is for Corinthian Leaders, as it says in the title.
Do you have a thread for regular Corinth folks, then?
--Tulonsae

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 07 Jun 2011, 01:25

Tulonsae wrote:
697134002 wrote:This is for Corinthian Leaders, as it says in the title.
Do you have a thread for regular Corinth folks, then?
Don't worry about it. Post here for anything Corinth related. This is like the 3rd Corinth thread anyway. Nice building by the way.
Sometimes I lather my body with Vaseline and pretend I'm a slug.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 08 Jun 2011, 22:23

I've got 2 ACL plots open in Haven. They are 15x15. I'll have a couple more open tomorrow.

EDIT: They are taken.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 12 Jun 2011, 19:28

A few updates, as I've been running around.

Corinth - Terra
http://i.imgur.com/zdETr.png

Completed:
  • Helped Aflycon out with the removal of the old Corinth wall surrounding BYA. BYA has now pretty much doubled. The Inn on the wall has been fixed, and now has a backdoor. Zinrius was kind to help fill in some massive holes in that area of Corinth.
  • To go along with the wall being gone, I fixed the roads in Bliss so that they can connect to that new open area of BYA. The gatehouse still exists, and is more formidable than ever.
  • Aflycon has proudly commissioned Blank to complete a new Asian-style house that is now available in BYA. He has also been actively working on an underground.
  • Jagorrax appears to have completed his Arena north of Plith and Bliss. He has also been busy beautifying areas across Corinth.
  • There has been land cleared between Briarton and Corinth Main. New plots laid.
  • Jagorrax has been able to give away plots in Corinth Main to those interested in producing skyscrapers. There appear to be at least 4-6 new residents of Corinth Main.
  • Sadly, Furdabip is retiring. The outcome of his retirement is ongoing.
  • Suzzy is taking a break from the server until the 26th.
Incomplete:
  • I have plans to set up a warehouse, perhaps a subsidiary of the on in Talon, in Corinth Castle. This one will be open to all Corinth leaders for supplies and minerals necessary to build up Corinth and its districts. I will restore parts of the Castle, update others, but still keep its charm. 69, there are some chests located on its second floor that I am wondering what your plans are for them. I would also like to make a residence for myself in Corinth Castle, as that would be my "home" in Terra. I have given up my residence in Briarton. If all works out, I will make this my /home.
  • Aflycon and I will be laying roads for BYA soon. I will also be working to fix up the roads of Bliss.
  • I will be fixing East Corinth's tree farm, as the one originally built was done so with a ridiculous design.
  • Wildwill, if your SO does not object, would you be able to open up the Church in Plith and make its entrance more accessible? It's one of the more beautiful landmarks in that area of Corinth.

Beorn - Fyra
http://i.imgur.com/itu50.png

Completed:
  • Tulon and I built a fairly nice-sized bridge in the western part of Beorn. It separates Beorn and the land claimed by Tulon and his friends. There is also a residence given to Tulon, Suzzy's house, that we will be turning into a dance club/lounge shortly.
  • The western part of Beorn has had roads laid, and a nice boardwalk made. Kindy has created a restaurant there. Nearly all plots in this portion of Beorn have been claimed. A tunnel and an overpass has been built to get to the other parts of Beorn.
  • Some of the farms have been completed. I have flipped the Hall, so that it faces South and not North. The deck for the Hall will be completed once the Mob Tower noted below is finished.
  • The great fleet of ships is being built nearby. I have offered them the use of my tree farm if need be. Blank has noted that he may be open to building a ship in Beorn's harbor.
Incomplete:
  • With Afly, we will be building a mob tower attached to the Hall. The mob tower will be mostly underground. If there's enough room above it, I will use that room to extend my tree farm. With the population increasing, making the tree farm bigger makes more sense.
  • I will be laying roads in the eastern and southern portions of Beorn shortly. Tulon has helped out substantially with the parkland in this area of Beorn.
  • One of the things I would like to build is a mob fighting arena. I am looking for a dungeon in the area of Beorn so that I can do that, ideally as close to the Hall as possible. A diamond is in it for a person who can find a dungeon around Beorn. I do not care for the dungeon's contents, or for it chests or mossy. I only care that the spawner is still producing aggressive mobs of some sort.
I am probably forgetting some things. Jag, giveme, and 69 would you be able to provide updates on your areas (Talon and Haven)?

A personal note, I have been donating more of my own wealth to Talon's warehouse. While it is not all of it, I hope it is helpful. I have also been donating some of my own wealth to ryn's Terra subways. Once completed, ryn's subways will spread at least 1000-2000 blocks from spawn in every direction, and a circle route running along the middle. One day, soon enough, it will be possible to go from Darkend to Corinth to Borderpost within 10 minutes. Please, to make this possible, ryn could use as many donations as possible in iron/minecart tracks. It would be a good investment for EC.

One last thing, with Jag's blessing, I have made Tulon a Corinthian General representing both Beorn and Tulonville (his area west of Beorn). His dedication to helping out Corinth has been extraordinary. He has even produced the best looking skyscraper in Corinth in a long time. I generally believe he is a great man in joining us. Please welcome him!
Last edited by derigin on 12 Jun 2011, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 12 Jun 2011, 19:42

I've been slacking lately, but right now my plan is to just get some large farming facilities put into Haven.

Oh and get some citizens. I only have 2 right now, and one of those is Warlock...

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 14 Jun 2011, 15:30

I would gladly open up the church but alovaines the one that locked it. We locked it whilst making the Herobrine Crypt but it was too much effort to make
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 22 Jun 2011, 07:49

So quick update on some projects I'm working on and could use help with:
-Mining facility- Thinking either north of furdabip's tree farm, or between Golden Boob District and Bliss.
-Working on Bliss a bit
-Some patch work on the land between briarton and main
-Patch work on Able

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Northern Islands?

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 22 Jun 2011, 14:39

jagorrax wrote:So quick update on some projects I'm working on and could use help with:
-Mining facility- Thinking either north of furdabip's tree farm, or between Golden Boob District and Bliss.
-Working on Bliss a bit
-Some patch work on the land between briarton and main
-Patch work on Able

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the Northern Islands?
Haven't seen them, but the name conjurs up visions of: golf course, amusement park, university, ... Hmm... I lived in California way too long.
--Tulonsae

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 24 Jun 2011, 15:43

In honor of Furdabip, I've begun to install wood paneling on the cliff faces in Corinth Main. Derigin and I have a lot of leveling and paneling ahead of us, but the final result will look very nice. It will also open up land for new plots between Main and Briarton.

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 25 Jun 2011, 21:36

I think we are going to need some Leadership positions filled in the Capital. Flattening that landmass made some nice space for more skyscrapers. i am looking for two new district leaders for the capital, and one leader to take charge of the new mines in corinth as well as mapping out what is underneath the city. If you want, you can set up a mining guild with an entire district devoted to mining.

SUZZY_NINJA

Post by SUZZY_NINJA » 29 Jun 2011, 16:17

Ill be keen to take charge of the mining facility!

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 29 Jun 2011, 16:40

SUZZY_NINJA wrote:Ill be keen to take charge of the mining facility!
Nice. Some basic structures have been placed in Able. Speak to warlock for further info on this.

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 31 Jul 2011, 13:03

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but as a search of 'Corinth' in these forums turned up this thread and the USSR thread I thought it better to post it here.

I run a town with a few friends of mine in close proximity to Beorn and we've been thinking about joining Corinth for a while. I'm just posting here to ask a few questions -

- Do you accept towns into Corinth?

- What will happen to the power of my friends and I if we happen to join? Will we lose any power we had over the town, constructions and residents or will we rule on behalf of the Legates and the rest?

- Where can we sign up/what do we need to do to make our town a Corinthian colony/'whatever-you-want-to-call-it'?

Obviously the second two only apply if the answer to the first is yes, whilst the last one only fails to become relevant if it's stated that we lose all power over our town.
I'm looking forward to your response and I hope this isn't in the wrong place.
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 31 Jul 2011, 13:26

I'm sure we'd be happy to take your town in as part of Corinth. We are always willing to grow. Due to your close proximity to Beorn, I would go ahead and ask Derigin if you could have your town as a District of Beorn.

If you do become part of Corinth, you will retain all construction privileges in your town. It will be almost no different than it is now, except that sometimes other Corinthian leaders may want to build something in or near your town. You will also probably get access to Talon, which is a collection of a lot of different leaders inventories, that is used to fund Corinthian projects.

Again, I would ask Derigin if he would mind you becoming a district of Beorn.

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 31 Jul 2011, 13:55

We're pretty big though, so far I believe around 18 claimed plots with a large area of land as yet undeveloped. When I say 'near to Beorn' I mean that in the loosest possible terms. We're in South Fyra and are at the next stop along after Beorn and then a good 100-150 meters away from the tracks due to land constraints (and crap planning on my part).
Spoiler! :
You can see the Beorn-Tulonville bridge in the top right. We (New Buckinghamshire)are the twin towns at the bottom of the picture. We've also got ownership of most of the rest of the peninsualr below us and the small section of land above our Left half but not near to Thebob's place.

Once we've finished expanding and taking control fo the land/building roads we'll probably be near to the size of Beorn. For that reason I'm kinda reluctant to become a 'district' of a town which, whilst it is far better looking than ours, will be only around 110-120% the size of ours.
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 31 Jul 2011, 15:43

Nothing to see here, move along.

derigin
Retired

Post by derigin » 31 Jul 2011, 15:51

MrJKapowey,

A brief description of what Corinth is nowadays. Imagine Corinth as a guild. In the past, Corinth was (and still is) an actual city in Terra. Some enterprising players at one point had this grand idea of creating a massive city, so they acquired a huge landclaim and decided to give pieces of that landclaim to other players to develop as "districts" of the city. For a time, it was a successful and populous place. However, as time went on, and with new leadership, the philosophy of the city changed. It became less about building the most massive city, as instead acting as a great trading center.

The owner of the city, Jagorrax, decided to create a trading post where all the mayors of all Corinth's districts could take items as they needed for their districts, or could trade for the items they require. He set up this trading post in an isolated place in Futureshift - called Talon - in part as a way to keep out potential griefers.

As time went on, some of the mayors and leaders of these districts in Corinth decided to create their own "cities" in the then-newly created worlds of Futureshift and Fyra. In Futureshift, Giveme and 697 (both mayors of districts in Corinth) created Haven, which they called the "Corinth of Futureshift." In Fyra, I (also a leader of Corinth) decided to create Beorn as a "Corinth of Fyra."

The leadership of Corinth is a community of equals, more or less. We have a collected pool of resources that we can pull from, trade with, and use when needed. As leaders, when we visit eachother's cities there's a mutual understanding and respect there. For example, if Giveme or 697 were to decide to have a place in Beorn, I would gladly give them any piece of land that they wish for, and I would give them the shirt off my back if they so wish. ;) In many respects, "Corinth" is now just a name for a group of individuals across the server who consider themselves allies and friends, who share and who help eachother when needed. It works out quite well, and it acts as a way to gain support from others when asked for.

In developing Beorn, I met a man named Tulonsae. Tulonsae had set up a landclaim just West of my own landclaim for Beorn. He called it Tulonville. As he became inexplicably tied to Beorn, and I to Tulonville, we opted to work together and consider our landclaims to be in mutual association. Thus, Tulonsae saw his landclaim as a district of Beorn, much as there had been districts of Corinth. The difference being is that Corinth was one landclaim leased out to players, while Tulonville and Beorn are completely independent landclaims from one another. As such, unless Tulonsae asks or gives me permission to do so in perpetuity, I don't interfere with Tulonville issues or development or take any sort of authority over his landclaim. I will take the effort to work with him, to help him when he asks, and to encourage users to go to and become a part of his town. I have given Tulonsae the same authority over Beorn. Members of Tulonville, and vice-versa, are free to use eachother's public farms and institutions. The same is true for Bob, whose landclaim (as part of Tulonville) is also treated in the same manner. There are also efforts to link both Beorn and Tulonville, through transportation (a subway) and through activities (games, projects hosted by bob).

Unlike the old Corinth model, Tulonville and Beorn interact as equals - as sister cities - not necessarily as districts one below the other. Tulonsae, Bob and I have become so intertwined with the workings of eachother's landclaims that it has become a federation of sorts, where we discuss the direction and plans for all landclaims. As part of this, I have made Tulonsae and Bob both leaders of Corinth, so that they may gain the benefits of leadership (access to Talon, community, etc.) if they so wish.

If Tulonsae and Bob agree, I'd be more than willing to have New Buckinghamshire join our federation. I don't know what we'd call this federation - whether to name it after Corinth or whatnot - but as part of this federation we could take mutual initiatives between our three landclaims. For example, I'd love to have a subway that can go from New Buckinghamshire, through Tulonville, and then to Beorn Proper. I'd like to make the roads uniform, and to provide a great highway that can go through all landclaims so to better link them. It probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to set up walls where necessary. There's much that can be done. If the rest of the Corinth leadership are OK with this, and if you're willing to join a federation of sorts, I'd like to offer the leaders of New Buckinghamshire access to the Talon vault, and to accord them roles as leaders.

I am in the process of finishing up a vault in Beorn to act as a Talon vault in Fyra. You would be given access to that and its goods for the purposes of developing your towns.

Also a map:
http://i.imgur.com/vBTk1.png

I need to make more of these.

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 31 Jul 2011, 15:51

I'm a Co-leader in Kapowey's town, just acknowledging our acceptance :)
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 31 Jul 2011, 16:04

I think that's an excellent idea, Derigin. And I welcome our new member.

This is great, because I've wanted to connect up my roads to them for quite some time.

Makes for easier traveling around.
--Tulonsae

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 31 Jul 2011, 16:08

After reading through that twice, I also think it's an excellent idea. I'd like the two of you (Derigin and Tulon) to look through the OP, I just added a ton of new info.. but with that post, the bit concerning Fyra is invalid now. Make any changes you'd like, and I'm just gonna rename the thread to prevent further confusion.

A great amount of progress was just made. :D

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 01 Aug 2011, 02:50

derigin wrote:MrJKapowey...
If Tulonsae and Bob agree, I'd be more than willing to have New Buckinghamshire join our federation. I don't know what we'd call this federation - whether to name it after Corinth or whatnot - but as part of this federation we could take mutual initiatives between our three landclaims. For example, I'd love to have a subway that can go from New Buckinghamshire, through Tulonville, and then to Beorn Proper. I'd like to make the roads uniform, and to provide a great highway that can go through all landclaims so to better link them. It probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to set up walls where necessary.
Thanks for letting us join, those plans sound cool: I've finally got some more projects I could be working on.

There could be a problem with the roads though - From what I've seen of Beorn as you pass through, the roads are 4 thick (plank, brick, brick, plank I think). The roads in New Bucks are generally 2 thick and made of either gravel or cobblestone so that could make it harder to link them.

I had an idea for building a highway to Bobs place and beyond a while back that could be good - it's six thick and sits on the terrain instead of being a filled in trench. Looking at it sideways it's wooden steps, wood, cobble, cobble, wood, wooden steps. The cobble allows it to use cobble steps to follow the terrain whilst the wooden steps makes it more natural when you cross over/onto it.

Finally, we've got a small train line going around part of New Bucks and then going up to Thebob's place. It's an overground line, but do you think it would be a good project to continue or should we take it down and build an underground route?
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Re: The Corinthian Empire

Post by RobipodSupreme » 01 Aug 2011, 06:58

I was wondering, as it's so close to New Bucks, if Deephaven could also become a sister town/suburb, as I've been meaning to ask if it can be amalgamated into New Bucks anyway.
It has only a few residents at the moment : MrJkapowey, Bananacoupon, Xgames360, Trystin_Killer1, and myself, but I have a few more people interested and I have hopes for expansion, though that will only be possible with the aforementioned alliance (if it is to be a decent size)
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 01 Aug 2011, 09:56

Before any subway systems are started, I'd like to bring up the town of Noblewood. It's where I (and a few other mods) have vacation homes, and is turning out to be a wonderful little town. I had plans to link Beorn and Noblewood for fast travel between Derigin's and my home, but I will ask Ramzaydoc of he'd like Noblewood to be part of Corinth. This way, we will know what we're connecting before we do it and will end up with a line much neater than the one in Terra.

Jag, Deri, Tulon, does that sound alright to you?

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 06 Aug 2011, 11:28

Jagorax, quick off topic question, why do you have the creepy guy from Hood as your avatar, just asking.
I was a mod once

jagorrax
Retired

Post by jagorrax » 06 Aug 2011, 12:33

RobipodSupreme wrote:Jagorax, quick off topic question, why do you have the creepy guy from Hood as your avatar, just asking.
You mean Hook? Cus Rufio is baddass and uses a gold sword.

The new towns that just joined our federation can also use our obsidian-gold [C].

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 06 Aug 2011, 13:20

Thanks. I'm making some nice walls round our town so I'll place that over the gate house.

It's a 3x3 square going:

OOO
OG
OOO

Isn't it?
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 06 Aug 2011, 13:37

I'm looking for someone to bring people to Haven. I'm to lazy to find new citizens myself, so if anyone would like to volunteer to do this, that'd be great.

RobipodSupreme
Retired

Post by RobipodSupreme » 06 Aug 2011, 13:38

OOO
OG
OOO?
I was a mod once

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 06 Aug 2011, 13:40

RobipodSupreme wrote:OOO
OG
OOO?
It's the Corinth C

Obsidian - Obsidian - Obsidian
Obsidian - Gold
Obsidian - Obsidian - Obsidian

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Re: The Corinth Federation

Post by Tulonsae » 15 Aug 2011, 04:19

I guess I should add a bit of news. I've acquired the station in Beorn and the subway system that TheBaldr was working on. And I have his castle as well.

In addition, I purchased the town of Farfore from KrazyStew recently. And it turns out to be reasonably close to northern Tulonville and the new Castle I have. As usual, I consider theBob as my partner (but he's away right now so he doesn't know about Farfore yet) in these endeavors.

I've started a subway system from Beorn to Tulonville with the intention of hooking up all of Tulonville and hopefully my new properties. I changed the subway level though to around 40. This is to avoid slimes spawning on the tracks (which was happening) and to avoid miners looking for diamonds. I'm using the building design from thebaldr for my subway stations. And all stations and sections of subway are cuboided to prevent greifing.

Derigin is planning to handle the Beorn eastern portions. And I will take the subway as far south as the border between Tulonville and NewBerkshire. At which point, the New Berk group can handle their section.

In creating my subway stations, I'm allowing for having another level of rails. My intention here is to have an expressway system for common destinations - with fewer stops than the regular subway.
--Tulonsae