The Township of Modokia - Community Board

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
minnerthecat
Retired

The Township of Modokia - Community Board

Post by minnerthecat » 12 Dec 2011, 01:44

Hello and welcome to town members and fellow Escapecrafters who have stumbled upon this thread!

The purpose of this thread is mainly to serve as an extension to our rather limited Community Board, but also to encourage other Escapecrafters to take interest in our community! Both town members and other players are encouraged to post on this thread about anything related to the Township. This first post is meant to introduce the Township of Modokia to the Escapecraft Community, and to say a few things that need to be said.

First of all, a huge thanks to the Escapecraft mods, from whom I've taken more than my fair share of time from to resolve griefing issues and to answer all my questions throughout the town's history. You are all truely remarkable and I am forever greatful for your time and dedication to the server! :D

Secondly, I would like to thank all of our wonderful town members. Since Modokia's major renovation, all of your hard work and kindness have exceeded my expectations and have transformed the town into strong and quickly-growing community. Modokia wouldn't be what it is today without you all!

Town members, feel free to use this thread to make announcements to the community, request a plot, or anything else you can think of! It's just like the community board, only you're not limited to how many signs you're carrying! :P We can also use this this thread to co-ordinate large building projects, (such as "lower Modokia") for those that are willing to help out, planning expedition parties, as well as fundraising for the town's cuboid. You can even report trouble-makers, rule-breakers, and other ne'er-do-wells! I will be using the thread to report on town issues such as major build/renovation projects, promtion/demotion/or expultion of town members, and... I dunno... whatever I had for dinner?

To those of you who are not familier with our town, Modokia is located in the heart of FutureShift (I will post the approximate co-ordinates soon). We currently have several community buildings, a town center and community farms. We will be accepting new members after we finish construction of the new quarter, "Lower Modokia", at which time we will have the space to accomodate more housing! Already own a town? Modokia happily open to interaction with other communities, so town owners are welcome to discuss the possibility of an embassy within the town of Modokia! Anyone interested in joining the community is encouraged to request resedency on this thread or in person by leaving a request on our community board in-game. (Be reminded that we cannot accept new resedents until the town's extensions are complete). Now, to wrap up this painfully long-winded post (I apologize :P ), I will provide some basic town information. Also, pictures will be provided at a later date!

Town Members:
Minnerthecat - King of Modokia
Joshelplex - Duke of Modokia
UrFriendEnder - Knight of the Realm
Johnskins - Knight of the Realm
Valkeru - Town Member
Buddy2020 - Town Member
Marine123 - Town Member
BriBri312 - Town Member
Supatuff - Town Member
Tiffycheeks - Town Member

Town Rules:
1) No Griefing
2) No Stealing
3) Be polite to your fellow town members, as well as other members of the Escapecraft community
4) No building on a plot within town limits without applying and being approved for the plot, otherwise the building will be removed.
5) If you set a creeper off within the town, please repair the damage or ask a mod for help

That concludes the entry post of the Modokia Community Thread! If you stuck around until the end, your attention span is truely the topic of legends! :lol: If you are a polite and curtious player wishing to become part of a community, stay in touch! Modokia may have room for you! Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by minnerthecat on 18 Dec 2011, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

Joshelplex

Re: The Township of Modokia - Community Board

Post by Joshelplex » 13 Dec 2011, 23:35

Joshelplex here, just popping in to let people know they can contact me as well about anythign relationg to the town. I can quite easily get in touch with Minner so we will be able to resolve issues very easily, so feel free to bug us in game or on here.

Johnskins

Post by Johnskins » 15 Dec 2011, 19:28

I had sushi for dinner... what? yes.

Edit: also. I removed those 2 blocks from the farm lift up and lift down. You know...the ones that would prevent u from using the lift unless u were directly in front of the sign?

Also. I was wondering if it was okay to add a lift system to those spiral stairs up to the town? I'll gladly do it.

and I was also going to make a better pathway to the town. I know u guys are thinking of making a rail system from spawn to town so in case one or the other gets griefed.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 15 Dec 2011, 20:16

Both sound like great ideas Johnskins! I'd say go for it! We definitly need a new path to the town, ours is rather dangerous at the moment, especially at night!

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 28 Dec 2011, 14:13

Valkeru YEEEAAH BOOIII- ahem... I just got a quick suggestion:

Can we post the status for our outposts and mining facilities?

For example:
The Modokia Shack(the mine in Fyra) has a food shortage, not a lot of people come there, but it's a great place to mine.
We have 2 dig-sites, digsite-2 is the only one that is rich in resources.

And didn't we have a mine in Borjan? If we don't, we need to establish one for more territory.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 29 Dec 2011, 22:23

Absolutely Valkeru! This thread is for everything related to the Modokia community, outposts included!
Our mine in borjan was a temporary one, but we will be setting up some sort of permanent settlement in borjan to reap the benefits of the 1.0 world! I think we should try to set up an expedition of a few of us to see if we can set up a small settlement or something.

In other news, the cuboid is up and in place! So if you know anyone that would like to settle in the town, we are now accepting applications again! They will be added to the town cuboid upon my review of their request, and their house will receive a personal cuboid within the town once they finish building it. (the mods tell me it's easier for them to cuboid it once it's finished being built.) they can no longer post on the board in-game (due to the cuboid) but existing town members can post a request for them on the board. New applicants can also make a request on this thread.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 22 Jan 2012, 01:37

Modokia now has a page on the Escapecraft Wiki! It provides a detailed source of information about the town in one conveniently editable location! Wunderbar!

http://escapecraft.wikispaces.com/Modok ... ownship+of

Hopefully I can figure out how to post screenshots of the town on the wiki page that can be clicked on and enlarged since the town map is kind of hard to make out and takes up too much room.

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 04 Feb 2012, 14:47

You know, when I get on from 6:00-8:00, I never hardly see anybody.
I just want to say this to suggest people to start recruiting when a new member logs on. It'll benefit us WHOLE lot to get new members. I want to open up a Modokia shelter for new members to come and settle in. It'll be a bit farther, but it'll help us recruit until Minner or Ender can let em in. This'll also protect against....um......nooblets and the such.... :| yup. Tell me what you think.

Yeah and also, the wiki. Did we plan on making our city look medieval? I plan on setting up some random steampunk details around the town....just for lulz. I also looked up the USSR thing. Seems legit.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 12 Mar 2012, 15:31

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I haven't checked the thread in a while. I think the shelter is a great idea, but I too have noticed the inactivity in the town. I've actually headed to Borjan where I've begun settlement of a new village though I still stop by to check on the old town once in a while. Reasons for this are partly because of the inactivity, and partly to seize the new opportunities that Borjan has to offer such as untapped ore deposits and the existance of animals. Personally, I love the steampunk idea too and Modokia never really had a set style, it was just that "medieval" was the style I like to build in and so most of Modokia's original buildings are medieval in their design.

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 17 Mar 2012, 13:23

Alright. Good luck with Borjan!

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 24 Mar 2012, 21:32

for some reason I can't get on the server, so I won't be coming on for long, sorry guys. Keep me posted....

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 12 Apr 2012, 16:12

Okay, this is bothering me to the point of rage quit.

I can't use a single door, elevator, etc... sign in the whole damn city. Everything is said to be private under Minnerthecat, please Minner, fix this as soon as possible. I'm stuck living in my house out somewhere in fyra with little to no food...and there aren't a lot of trees or tall grass either.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 13 Apr 2012, 16:34

Oh shoot, that's right! After a server update all gate and elevator signs are private! I will go back to Modokia tonight and make them public again. Unfortunately, the elevator leading to Modokia on the main road belongs to johnskins so I cannot make that one usable. The only way to get to Modokia now is through the (griefed-to-the-point-of-not-working) railway system. Would you like to move to our new town instead? (once you get the stuff from your old place of course) its farther to walk from the hub but that won't matter after graveyards have been implemented.

EDIT: Ok, I think I got all the doors and elevators that I have permission for so you should be able to reach your house now. Sorry about that Valkeru!

Johnskins

Post by Johnskins » 18 Apr 2012, 20:00

I don't believe this. U guys still play. lol. of all the days too. I wish u guys were on as much as i'm on my computer though. i quit because when i was on i barely saw ppl on -.- Well, lets get this thing started how about a skype or something? mine's Ninjatai. It's a better way to keep in touch.

Edit: Inactivity and also because i lost a huge stack of lapis blocks int he water -.-.....

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 18 Apr 2012, 23:09

Yeah, I haven't been on as often in the last few months due to an intensive course load at school, but I should be on a bit more often now that my semester is almost over. (last exam tomorrow!) Anyhow, I don't much visit Modokia anymore after founding the Borjan settlement, but all you old Modokia regulars are welcome to come settle here with me! Its got plenty of things the old settlement never had, such as a working nether portal that leads to a netherwart farm, a fully furnished enchanting/alchemy building, a larger forge that will soon have a cauldron in the basement, a farm featuring all the crops our old one had, plus livestock! (since they actually spawn in Borjan). It features many other things as well that I should probably explain in a wiki page on the escapecraft wiki.
I'm getting carried away here, my point is, johnskins, valk, urfriendender; you are all welcome to come settle in the new town. It would be great to have all the old Modokia vets together again, though I'll warn you, this new town is much smaller, and I hope to keep it that way since Modokia had a problem with a number of vacant, semi-built houses with many of the newer resedents. If you're interested, let me know on here, I will soon get around to posting the co-ordinates of this town as well as setting up a wiki page for it.

Valkeru

Post by Valkeru » 19 Apr 2012, 23:27

Yeah, I got swim meets for the next 2 weeks, I'm gona be pretty worn out!

Hmm....I don't know, the futureshift will always have a special place in my heart. I thought it'll be cool if I could be a governor of the area, sort of rule over it while Minner's the one in charge of it all. I'll just give him the news here or when he comes on.

I can visit the Borjan one for sure, set up an airship and make some stuff. Sounds awesome! I don't plan on living their though.