Frost

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
LS13
Retired

Frost

Post by LS13 » 20 Dec 2011, 22:35

The Coldest Town In Escapia
Frost is a town in the Branchscape Empire, centered around the south Borjan crossroads in the middle of the tundra. There are currently 2 districts, with a third in the making that is located inside a ravine. I'm hoping to create highly efficient farms plus a mob tower sometime within the next who knows how many years. The town itself is booming faster than I can build the infrastructure, so any help would be very appreciated. I'll eventually get around to sticking screen shots in this, but for now just look at my signature. Frost now has a restaurant, graveyard, post office that is in the works, and a postal rail to branchscape that is nearing completion. Come on by and check it out :)

Residents:
Lord of Frost: LS13
Lady of Frost: wafflehair
Lord of Frost: carter013
Lord of Frost: __moridin__

Everyone else:
XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
The_Cactus_King
lefthitdrip
ilikefoxes666
aeroeng15
sonofxavenger
MrWhales
DistortedStu
aceracer1
Tothewhat
Thelepearchauns

Town Map:
Spoiler! :
Town Rules (may change):
Spoiler! :
  • Follow server rules
  • Follow any decrees made by the settlement owners whether temporary or permanent
  • Keep the town channel clean and use it for town use only
  • Keep caps minimal
  • No trespassing in others houses with out permission
  • We reserve the right to evict you with a 14 day notice (please notify use if you are away for an extended period of time)
  • We also reserve the right to evict you immediately under extreme circumstance
  • Having an all cobble building is grounds for eviction (if not fixed with in 7 days)
  • All houses must have signs with the owners name on them, if house's are found with out they will be destroyed.
  • No pony related buildings. Period.
The Districts (names subject to change):
Spoiler! :
The Valley: Farms, public buildings, etc

Central Frost: housing with 14x14 plots. This is where the first houses in Frost are, and only has 12 plots.

The Crevice: An apartment complex/shopping area/farms located in the double ravine below the tree farm.

Brinkley: A city styled area with plots for skyscrapers and other city-style buildings
So you've been evicted:
Spoiler! :
So you walk into Frost after not being active for a while and find that you have been evicted. That house that you spent so much time on has been wiped, but that is not what worries you. No, it is that chest you left inside full of diamonds and other valuables! How DARE LS think he can just wipe that! Well, now if you are evicted and I deem there to be things worth saving due to value inside your house, I will place the items in the new floor of the rail station. So if you find that you have been evicted, simply go to the stairs in the station and go down the new stairs into the basement and look for your chest to collect your things. You're welcome.
Last edited by LS13 on 24 May 2012, 15:38, edited 47 times in total.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

LS13
Retired

Re: Frost

Post by LS13 » 22 Dec 2011, 00:06

Progress will now be shown in the map.
Last edited by LS13 on 08 Jan 2012, 19:00, edited 4 times in total.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 26 Dec 2011, 07:48

i have 3-4 stacks of Snow Blocks if you want to buy them. :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 26 Dec 2011, 09:02

LS i thought u were a part of branchscape?
JOIN THE BRANCHSCAPE LOTTERY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DIAMONDS!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 26 Dec 2011, 22:25

Yeah, but I'm still building Frost on the side. I have some good ideas for farms, a trading center, etc. I am not trying in any way to compete with Branchscape, Frost will probably just end up being a small town that a couple of my friends live in. Plus, I need somewhere to store all my things, and I don't want to use my Branchscape house to be for that. And Vallorn, how much do you want for them?

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Jan 2012, 00:53

I finished the xp tower today, and started remaking the dirt platform around the ice wall. I can't upload any pictures because my internet is being sluggish. I hope to have the residential area done and ready for people soon. Edit: Wow, my internet is extremely derp. It DID upload the file :3
Spoiler! :
2011-12-31_21.59.26.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LS13 on 05 Jan 2012, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 01 Jan 2012, 11:41

Oh cool an ice town :3
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Jan 2012, 18:24

tanisjihanis wrote:Oh cool an ice town :3
Not really, only the town hall. I have been mass producing ice for this, and it freakin sucks. Takes forever. So let it be known that you do not have to build an ice house in frost, only the town hall is snow/ice. Other additions will not be entirely made out of these for time's sake.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Jan 2012, 18:27

LS13 wrote:
tanisjihanis wrote:Oh cool an ice town :3
Not really, only the town hall. I have been mass producing ice for this, and it freakin sucks. Takes forever. So let it be known that you do not have to build an ice house in frost, only the town hall is snow/ice. Other additions will not be entirely made out of these for time's sake.
i could help with that. if you give me the snow and torches in the right ratio i will give you Ice.

much faster. :D
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Jan 2012, 18:36

The problem is gathering the snow. I have a cauldron to make the ice.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Jan 2012, 19:20

LS13 wrote:The problem is gathering the snow. I have a cauldron to make the ice.
snow is easy if you have a Snowlem confined in 1 square thats infinite snow that respawns as fast as you dig it.

ive built several Snowlem generators that way. ;)
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 01 Jan 2012, 22:13

I have a snowlem generator, but the amount of snow required to make enough ice for my town hall is quite staggering, and takes a while even with a snowlem generator. Oh well, I am now working on the second platform, and soon the third.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 04 Jan 2012, 00:22

Thanks to singh44s gathering 24.75 stacks of snow blocks, I should be able to meet my goal of finishing almost all of town hall this week. On the matters of districts, which I mentioned above, there will be a resource district containing the town mine, farms, mob tower, etc. Then basically the rest of town will be residential. Seeing as there isn't much around me in terms of large landclaims (excluding Vulpis, which is right next door) I will be making parks and such throughout the town. Will be accepting residents probably next week, though I don't have enough diamond for a full town cuboid. I have 3 blocks, so I can get the smallest one, but any expansion after that will require another diamond block per resident until we hit 10. I will not however be taxing residents anything to start with, and will only tax 1 iron a week if I get desperate (I have a stack of iron blocks, this will probably never happen).

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 05 Jan 2012, 00:19

Can it be? That monstrous task that I set out to do is DONE?!? Yes, I freakin finished that ice wall tonight! NEVER AGAIN shall I make a large ice structure! EVER! In creative, it would have taken me 10 minutes max while chatting with people. In survival, it took me weeks. Well, I'm not done with the town hall yet. Now that I finished that wall, it's time for me to build the actual building, which I am happy to say will not include any ice whatsoever. Glass, probably. Snow, yes. Ice, don't even mention ice to me in game. It was that bad. Anyways, I will probably make the roads and such before completing town hall so people can take plots. After Zinrius kindly showed me his garage, I have some great ideas for some machines that will be public and will go in the resource district, which I will name soon. Well, I hope to see people show up, until then thanks for reading this.
Spoiler! :
2012-01-04_23.12.47.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 05 Jan 2012, 08:56

Congratulations!
I look forward to seeing these machines.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 08 Jan 2012, 15:07

I have updated this with rules

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 08 Jan 2012, 19:05

I have updated this with a map that I will expand when I build new stuff and plots are taken.

venomm2

Post by venomm2 » 11 Jan 2012, 16:23

make a post on the settlements page
JOIN THE BRANCHSCAPE LOTTERY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN DIAMONDS!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 11 Jan 2012, 16:28

Oh, right. I forgot :P

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 15 Jan 2012, 22:12

o.
mai.
god.
You are quite proficient in your abilities as a builder.
Can't wait to see that town hall finished in game ^_^

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 15 Jan 2012, 22:20

Thank you very much :) I love to build awesome huge things but the survival aspect tends to slow me down. Luckily I already have all the stone brick, so it should be constructed very soon after the tree farms

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 17 Jan 2012, 02:23

I have bought the Frost town cuboid and have set up all existing members with their plots :D

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 22 Jan 2012, 14:03

I need help with many of the Frost projects, and I am accepting residents. If you want to join, but there aren't any plots if I am on I will set one up wherever you want (within some limits), since the original grid layout doesn't really appeal to me, so newer additions shall be sprwling, with larger plots, premade gardens, and non-straight roads that open the town up more.

In addition to that I am considering having the Frost caves devoted towards the cities wealth, and may set up mining sites farther away. I am just worries that the caves will become depleted by one person, leaving nothing towards city improvements.

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 30 Jan 2012, 22:27

Ok, as soon as SMW is done with the hills I will begin making wandering roads and larger plots with tons of space between them. Plots are still free, though I don;t know if ziggy will charge for his or not. I wish I could clean up this thread, some of the stuff is old, and outdated plus it just clutters everything :(
P.S. I changed the op again to make it look nicer

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 02 Feb 2012, 08:52

Working on the webpage...
ImageImage
Bahhhh

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 06 Feb 2012, 20:19

http://www.mediafire.com/?n12mxb79qok8in5
For anyone that wants to help me with town hall, here is a zipped world file with the original in ssp.
Edit: I derped and posted the wrong link. Fixed it.
Last edited by LS13 on 07 Feb 2012, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 06 Feb 2012, 20:39

LS13 wrote:Ok, as soon as SMW is done with the hills I will begin making wandering roads and larger plots with tons of space between them. Plots are still free, though I don;t know if ziggy will charge for his or not. I wish I could clean up this thread, some of the stuff is old, and outdated plus it just clutters everything :(
P.S. I changed the op again to make it look nicer
This is what a player wiki is good for.
--Tulonsae

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 06 Feb 2012, 20:45

A player wiki? Please go on :D

Mattybcd

Post by Mattybcd » 08 Feb 2012, 16:26

May matty help? :)
Video editor. GFX artist. Intro designer. *Pic coming soon* Also follow me on twitter- @Delux_kingzz

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 08 Feb 2012, 17:12

Whatcha want to help with?