The Building Of the Imperial City: Diggin is DONE!

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
Blackadder51
Retired

Re: The Building Of the Imperial City: Now with moar minecar

Post by Blackadder51 » 16 May 2011, 20:27

The policy on new for new people and Imperial City has never changed. We accept ALL, even if you just joined you can help :)

The only things that you cant do as a new player is tnt and bucket use, until 35hrs and that is a server wide rule. I for one am very glad to welcome you to our family :) (just dont go to the basement..., )

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 16 May 2011, 20:37

Strikemaster wrote:
Zinrius wrote:
Strikemaster wrote:Hey guys, new poster long time miner. I was lurking around for an elder scrolls themed server for a while. Back in the times of alpha I played on a roleplaying server that was somewhat oblivion themed. The guys there tried their best but there simply want enough manpower to make everything work before the trolls got there...I was wondering if it was possible to join your team to help with the building of imperial city. Ive read through the thread and hope that I get the gist of how things work around here. Hopefully you will give me a chance to prove myself.

You must proove yourself to us by peacefully residing in our servers with a clean record for 35 total played hours :) After we see you fit, you'll be able to join our project.
Alright cool. Sounds like a fair deal to me. not sure if the poster above me is right or not about the excavating business (I will not question anybody, especially not a forum veteran :D) but I might as well get started right now playing on your other servers.

BTW thanks for such a quick response!

Anytime! but apparently I goofed ^-^ I'm not the project foreman, Blackadder is the General Foreman and if he says everyone can, then EVERYONE can ! =D

So as soon as you join, request directions towards the IC Railway that'll take you straight to the project. ^.^
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 16 May 2011, 20:46

Blackadder51 wrote:The policy on new for new people and Imperial City has never changed. We accept ALL, even if you just joined you can help :)

The only things that you cant do as a new player is tnt and bucket use, until 35hrs and that is a server wide rule. I for one am very glad to welcome you to our family :) (just dont go to the basement..., )
Awesome! Also, I've read over all the rules but I seem to be having a problem. I joined the server but it seems that anywhere I go I cant talk and either the teleports tell me i cant use them because of my rank or they just let me fall to my death :( I know that I have no rank yet but don't I need to have the most basic user rank to even reach the railway? Once again im probably totally wrong but i would appreciate if someone could correct me.
I'm not too good at thinking up cleaver stuff to say...:(

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 16 May 2011, 21:09

Once you go through the tutiral you should drop the wooden tree axe, this will allow you to type /spawn and go to the hub world, from there you need to go to the world called ver3. And them get someone to help :) In terms of talking type /ch g so everyone can hear you, them ask for directions to IC railway. I would pop on and help but im at work :/

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 16 May 2011, 21:11

Blackadder51 wrote:Once you go through the tutiral you should drop the wooden tree axe, this will allow you to type /spawn and go to the hub world, from there you need to go to the world called ver3. And them get someone to help :) In terms of talking type /ch g so everyone can hear you, them ask for directions to IC railway. I would pop on and help but im at work :/
lol ty. Once I figured out how to get to the right channel it was a piece of cake. A couple of guys led me straight to the railway. Ill see what I can do to help at IC now.

EDIT: Also its not helping that my poor computer is crashing every hour or so. Luckily my new laptop comes in tomorrow :D

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 17 May 2011, 14:17

Yeah I was helping Strikemaster out last night figure things out. I'm alreadly sure he'll make a great help to our work. Currently we're finishing up the Northwest corner up then removing the platform there so that whole area can be worked on by the construction crew. After that I'll do the Southwest area then the Southeast area. The only reason I am not touching the NE area is because just how much of a mess it is at the moment. I'll help clear it up once all the other level 1 areas are cleared out so that everyone can focus their efforts there.

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 17 May 2011, 16:15

Strikemaster wrote:
Blackadder51 wrote:Once you go through the tutiral you should drop the wooden tree axe, this will allow you to type /spawn and go to the hub world, from there you need to go to the world called ver3. And them get someone to help :) In terms of talking type /ch g so everyone can hear you, them ask for directions to IC railway. I would pop on and help but im at work :/
lol ty. Once I figured out how to get to the right channel it was a piece of cake. A couple of guys led me straight to the railway. Ill see what I can do to help at IC now.

EDIT: Also its not helping that my poor computer is crashing every hour or so. Luckily my new laptop comes in tomorrow :D

Contact me in-game, I can fix this.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 18 May 2011, 04:39

Update: Northwest Corner, Level 1 100% cleared! This means any and all construction can now begin down there. Also, just being around the area has an interesting.... aura to it. The aura of a buttload of work finally clearly visible perhaps? I dunno. 8-)

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 May 2011, 09:30

Big stuff coming this weekend stay tuned.

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 18 May 2011, 10:27

If it is what I think it is, then I'm really happy, and kinda sadden (y)
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 May 2011, 16:33

Its not that, we all need to discuss a bit of things but me and lion were brain storming last night

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 18 May 2011, 17:00

Okay then, looking forward to see what the big stuff is
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 18 May 2011, 17:20

Sort of unrelated but sort of is... I looked on the forum and I couldnt find a vent server but the forum that I originally saw Blackadder post about this mentioned that escapecraft did have a vent... I might have gotten something mixed up but if a vent server is up whats the info?

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 May 2011, 17:20

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 18 May 2011, 20:43

Thank you good sir

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 19 May 2011, 03:53

All tools are supplied in the warehouse, all the info is in the OP

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 19 May 2011, 23:53

random question. When the map is finished will a version be made public so that people could host it on their own to play with their friends or just change stuff around the city in single player?

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 20 May 2011, 17:25

Strikemaster wrote:random question. When the map is finished will a version be made public so that people could host it on their own to play with their friends or just change stuff around the city in single player?
I'm not a mod, but the answer is most likely yes. The previous two iterations of the server (Escapia I and II) were made available for download when they were retired. This will probably be the case with this map as well, but chances are it will be in use for a long time - if not forever. I would suspect that if there are no plans to retire Escapia III, then it will be uploaded to the Dropbox at certain intervals for people who would like to play or grief it.

Strikemaster

Post by Strikemaster » 21 May 2011, 15:11

aflycon wrote:
Strikemaster wrote:random question. When the map is finished will a version be made public so that people could host it on their own to play with their friends or just change stuff around the city in single player?
I'm not a mod, but the answer is most likely yes. The previous two iterations of the server (Escapia I and II) were made available for download when they were retired. This will probably be the case with this map as well, but chances are it will be in use for a long time - if not forever. I would suspect that if there are no plans to retire Escapia III, then it will be uploaded to the Dropbox at certain intervals for people who would like to play or grief it.
That would be pretty awesome because I have a buddy who would like nothing more than to get some dynamite and destroy the whole imperial city pretending hes mehrunes dagon

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 22 May 2011, 05:12

Update: Level 1 Southwest Corner 100% Cleared.

Currently there's a lot of people's stuff up on the platform above in that area as well as my stuff. I think for the time being it can stay there without needed to be moved any time soon. I think I will move and encourage others to move once ALL of Levels 1 and 2 of each corner are removed. The idea is to move and setup a workstation at Level 4 for the excavation team and that can stay there whole way until near the end, unless the construction team NEEDS the level 4 floor/level 3 roof to be removed because a structure will hit it then which of course we will move up. But that won't be happening anytime soon.

So next I am working on the Southeast Level 1 Corner, then when thats done I will tackle that nasty Northeast area. As always I appreciate any help from anyone assisting me on TNTing walls down. It's also nice to show people first hand how I do my work so they too can follow in my footsteps when it comes to mass land clearing :D

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 22 May 2011, 14:22

Infesord wrote:Update: Level 1 Southwest Corner 100% Cleared.
Epic clear is epic. :D

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 23 May 2011, 14:16

Blackadder51 wrote:Its not that, we all need to discuss a bit of things but me and lion were brain storming last night
So, any big news to tell us? :)

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 23 May 2011, 14:39

Yeah, give us something :P

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 28 May 2011, 10:11

A very small update.

Due to the massive work done by persons at this site. I have donated for 2 months of royalty for

Infesord:

Hytro,

Eddietester,

Yaedien

Just a massive thanks for your outstanding work :)

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 28 May 2011, 12:20

Blackadder51 wrote:A very small update.

Due to the massive work done by persons at this site. I have donated for 2 months of royalty for

Infesord:

Hytro,

Eddietester,

Yaedien

Just a massive thanks for your outstanding work :)
You're quite welcome. My chests of obsidian and redstone and I thank you :D
Which leads to this:

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 28 May 2011, 13:41

Blackadder51 wrote:Snipity Snip
*Takes a Bow*

Also, I am surprised at the work Mydrox has done up top from behind the scenes. I mean I would like to work with TNT and redstone wiring systems but for me just takes too long, nor can I fly in the air at will :P

I also predict it won't be long before all of the bottom floor is removed. It just takes extra long because of the extra maintenance down there with massive lava pools and caves that just seem to be down there, also those damn slimes like to pop up and run into you and push you around before you manage to sneak around em and they get WTFBOOM'd by the TNT 8-)

Eddietester1066
Retired

Post by Eddietester1066 » 28 May 2011, 14:35

Thinking of "behind the scenes stuff", would it be helpful to install a harvesting floodgate on the farm? I built one at my house using a bridge for a valve: Very low profile, but very effective. I'd be happy to do the same for IC.
Which leads to this:

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 28 May 2011, 17:53

Oh darling, thank you so much :D That was a real ic work moral boost for me :D

Tulonsae
Plugin Queen

Post by Tulonsae » 30 May 2011, 13:58

So, um how do you get there? I'd never been to Terra before. Went there, found Crossroads and a sign that mentioned IC, but no arrows or other signs. The only rail I found that goes north said it was closed or something.

I looked at the map so I had a general idea of where it is. Enough to know that I don't want to walk all the way there.
--Tulonsae

lionheart_1
Site Contributor

Post by lionheart_1 » 30 May 2011, 14:55

Tulonsae wrote:So, um how do you get there? I'd never been to Terra before. Went there, found Crossroads and a sign that mentioned IC, but no arrows or other signs. The only rail I found that goes north said it was closed or something.

I looked at the map so I had a general idea of where it is. Enough to know that I don't want to walk all the way there.
Take the road to wokka's world. On your way, you'll find a highway to the Imperial City.
'Orbis non sufficit'