Flonneshire

A place for Teams, Cities, and Groups to have dedicated threads
minnerthecat
Retired

Flonneshire

Post by minnerthecat » 25 Sep 2012, 11:29

Greetings fellow Escapians, and welcome to Flonneshire's official thread! I believe the village has been around long enough and generated sufficient interest to warrant creating a thread for it on the escapecraft forums. The thread is an ideal way to co-ordinate village projects, get in contact with the residents and introduce my humble settlement to the Escapecraft community. So without further ado, on to village business!

Flonneshire is a medieval and industrial era themed island village in south-western Borjan (located just across the north-west channel from Scienceville). The village is known for its scenic coastline and lush forest, as well as it's quaint appearance and hospitable residents. The Village of Flonneshire is a part of the Branchscape Empire and a popular tourist destination for it's citizens. A number of public utilities are open to residents and visitors, such as a forge, enchantment and potion resources, a food and livestock farm and it's own nether portal! The village also features a market place and a public library.

Directions:
Spoiler! :
- Take the south rail in Nysta, Borjan two stops south to The station in Frost
- Take the southwest rail two stops west. You should be at a station made out of netherbrick just outside of Scienceville.
- Walk northwest from the station, following the river.
- Cross the river at the bridge and continue northwest until you see a red and white lighthouse.
- From the lighthouse, look northwest across the water and you should see a white and yellow lighthouse.
- Head towards the lighthouse and you'll be in Flonneshire!
Residents:
Spoiler! :
Minnerthecat (mayor)
Joshelplex
Supatuff

Part-time Residents/Embassies:
Serubin323
Derigin
Asi1998
Ilikefoxes666
Wtd
SMWasder
Upcoming projects:
Spoiler! :
-Construction of the railway from Flonneshire to Branchscape
-Fill the library with player-written literature
-General beautification
-Flonneshire waterfront district
-Next major project: "Minner Manor"
Photos:
Spoiler! :
none yet
Last edited by minnerthecat on 04 Feb 2013, 09:51, edited 9 times in total.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

SMWasder
Retired

Re: Flonneshire

Post by SMWasder » 25 Sep 2012, 11:53

I've flown over there before, I wondered if it was still active. It's very pretty.
WWTDD

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 25 Sep 2012, 12:43

Well thank you! A lot of effort has gone into making Flonneshire visually appealing and I'm glad to hear its paid off! Yes, we are still active, though it's mostly just me.

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 25 Sep 2012, 15:07

Technically I'm only allowed to build in Borjan on invites only ;). I would like a plot though, it's a nice town.
WWTDD

Gannondorf1000
Location: Branchscape Proper, Imperial Branchscape Territory, Province of Borjan, Continent of Escapia

Post by Gannondorf1000 » 25 Sep 2012, 15:51

yay a place to put my vacation home! :D :D :D :D and i hear it is very nice there I will definatly come visit!
It seems all of my signature and avatar has failed, I will fix as soon as I can!
???: You have no weapons, defenses, or a plan! The Doctor: I know and doesn't that scare you to death?

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 25 Sep 2012, 17:02

People should be fighting to get a plot in this town, its absolutely amazing! And minner can u invite me to take a plot, i'd really like a house there :)
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 25 Sep 2012, 23:04

@ LS13 and SMWasder: Certainly! I officially invite both of you to come settle in Flonneshire! New plots will be cleared out soon, at which point, you're both welcome to come choose one. Any preferences on dimensions or location of the plots (ie. costal, center of town, etc.)?

@Gannondorf1000: I look forward to your visit! I'll try to find out the co-ordinates relatively soon or you can try to find your way there based on the vague directions I've given. You're more then welcome to settle here as well if you end up liking it!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 25 Sep 2012, 23:06

Coastal please :D

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 26 Sep 2012, 02:39

I don't mind whereabouts in town, but I would like the biggest plot I can get :D Within reason of course.
WWTDD

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 26 Sep 2012, 07:54

How much r plots here, I want a vacation home
-asi1998
~John 3:16

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 27 Sep 2012, 23:35

Status Update: Put in some major work today to extend the west wall outwards making plenty of room for new plots! Once the new wall has finished being built and the old wall torn down, there will be space available for everyone!

@Asi: haven't really worked out a pricing system, once the space has been made, you're welcome to come scope out the location. I have no problems giving plots away for free provided you build something nice! (had an issue in my old town with a lot of people just building cobblestone towers/boxes to live in).

@LS13: I'll be getting around to leveling out some coastal plots soon, I'll try and set you up a good one! Do you have an idea of what kind of dimensions you'd like?

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 27 Sep 2012, 23:49

Anything will work for me :)

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 28 Sep 2012, 06:29

Can mine be coastal as well, I found a nice beach house design online and I'd love to have one.
-asi1998

Serubin323
Sheep

Post by Serubin323 » 28 Sep 2012, 11:06

Sheep approved town!
ImageImage
Bahhhh

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 29 Sep 2012, 00:45

Hello all, back with another status update: the old wall had been deconstructed and a new extended wall put in its place, just working on developing the new area. I've planned for an outdoor market place populated by NPCs as one of the new features.

@LS13: your plot is ready for you located roughly at x: 8521 z: 4941. It is labeled with a sign with your name on it! It is a costal corner plot. If its not to your liking we can try and find you a more preferable spot, just let me know.
@SMWasder: Your plot is also ready! It is located roughly at x: 8453 z: 4965 and is also labeled with your name. It's current dimensions are 12x12 but I can make it larger if you'd like.
@asi1998: I have a costal plot set aside for you, it's not yet labeled because I don't know what kind of dimensions you would like. Let me know!

Finally, thank you to both Serubin and LS13 for your kind words about the town! I just realized I didn't thank you both before, but they're much appreciated!

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 29 Sep 2012, 01:00

15x15 should suffice
-asi1998

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 09 Oct 2012, 20:13

As mentioned in the Branchscape thread:
minnerthecat wrote: - I'm looking for massive amounts of cobble and smoothstone for a mega-project we'll be starting soon in Flonneshire and I'm wondering if anyone has any they can offer?
minnerthecat wrote:
trovo22 wrote:Well then. I guess there are two medieval towns in the Empire. :P If its a castle let me know and ill help out
Nope, not a castle! I'm keeping the identity of my secret project under wraps until I can work out the kinks in my prototype I'm building in creative mode. After that, I'd be more than willing to unveil my plans to the empire! Any help would be much appreciated at that point!

Good news to anyone who was interested in this project of mine! I've finished enough work to be able to officially announce Flonneshire's mega-build project:

St. Flonne's Cathedral (working title):

I know with the announcement of Branchscape's church project it will seem that I copied the idea but I assure you I've been working on this chuch for the better part of this month! Anyways, we're still looking for TONS of cobble/smooth/or stonebrick blocks for it's construction if anyone would like to donate! Without further ado, I present to you Flonneshire's greatest project yet:
Spoiler! :
On another note, construction on Flonneshire's subway tunnels will begin shortly. I won't go too far on them until I know where exactly I'm routing the tunnels to. So far I have routes to Branchscape and Frost planned, but they won't be completed until the owners of the respected towns are ready for them. If any leaders have changed their minds about having a route to Flonneshire, please let me know! Similarily, if any other Branchscape lords would like to establish a route to Flonneshire, I'd be happy to work on it!

tanisjihanis
Retired

Post by tanisjihanis » 10 Oct 2012, 16:49

minnerthecat wrote:As mentioned in the Branchscape thread:
minnerthecat wrote: - I'm looking for massive amounts of cobble and smoothstone for a mega-project we'll be starting soon in Flonneshire and I'm wondering if anyone has any they can offer?
minnerthecat wrote:
trovo22 wrote:Well then. I guess there are two medieval towns in the Empire. :P If its a castle let me know and ill help out
Nope, not a castle! I'm keeping the identity of my secret project under wraps until I can work out the kinks in my prototype I'm building in creative mode. After that, I'd be more than willing to unveil my plans to the empire! Any help would be much appreciated at that point!

Good news to anyone who was interested in this project of mine! I've finished enough work to be able to officially announce Flonneshire's mega-build project:

St. Flonne's Cathedral (working title):

I know with the announcement of Branchscape's church project it will seem that I copied the idea but I assure you I've been working on this chuch for the better part of this month! Anyways, we're still looking for TONS of cobble/smooth/or stonebrick blocks for it's construction if anyone would like to donate! Without further ado, I present to you Flonneshire's greatest project yet:
Spoiler! :
On another note, construction on Flonneshire's subway tunnels will begin shortly. I won't go too far on them until I know where exactly I'm routing the tunnels to. So far I have routes to Branchscape and Frost planned, but they won't be completed until the owners of the respected towns are ready for them. If any leaders have changed their minds about having a route to Flonneshire, please let me know! Similarily, if any other Branchscape lords would like to establish a route to Flonneshire, I'd be happy to work on it!

Oh my that looks incredible minner. Let me know what mats you are in need of and I'll see what I can do to help get some for you. Branchscape's church must be simply a missionary outpost of this great structure.
C. S. Lewis wrote:-When we become adults, we must put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up
-To truly own something one must be capable of giving it away

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 10 Oct 2012, 23:20

Well thank you Tanis, I'm glad you like it!
Anyhow, some details about the project:
- the church is 85 blocks high x 47 blocks wide x 100 blocks long and consists primarily of cobble and stonebrick. (smooth stone and spruce planks are also used in abundence) Any and all donations would be greatly appreciated!
- the church will either be placed just west or north of Flonneshire, still weighing the options
- the interior still needs to be designed once the exterior is complete (I'd love for some talented individuals to help with this)
- finally, St. Flonne's Cathedral is only a working title, people are more than welcome to suggest a good name for it!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 11 Oct 2012, 23:28

St. Flonne's works pretty well I think, since it makes sense that a town would be named after a Saint as well as the cathedral/
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 12 Oct 2012, 19:41

Makes sense, although Flonneshire was never named after a saint. I just had no idea what to call the project, so I took part of the town's name as a working title. Still, it's not a bad sounding title for the church.

This thread now has screenshots of the town in the main post. Also, here is a screenshot of the vacant land that's recently been cleared out and is ready to be developed if anyone's interested in living in a medieval/early industrial era town!

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 13 Oct 2012, 12:31

I want a place here, but not a house, cause I don't want to build anything, is there any such thing? I'm there atm and it's pretty ;_;

Edit: boat?

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 13 Oct 2012, 14:38

Yeah, I'm sure we can set aside some dock space for a boat, I've been meaning to put a few in the harbour anyways!

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 13 Oct 2012, 14:44

Minner just so you know I am eventually going to build my house, I've just had very little free time in general and when I'm in game I'm working on my ice walls or doing moderator stuff.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 14 Oct 2012, 21:58

No worries LS, your plot is still set aside for you so take your time! As a moderator, you have a lot of responsabilities to tend to, plus, minecraft is about having fun! You can build in Flonneshire when you're ready to do so, I'm not offended. Your plot will be here for you as long as you need, please don't feel obligated to rush yourself! :)

TyrasEngineer
Escapecraft Head

Post by TyrasEngineer » 15 Oct 2012, 03:38

Just here to say this place is very cool and you should all move there 'cause it's really pretty.
"My ship! My booty! My collection of autographed sextants! All gone!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
"I'm the pizza delivery dude! The dude with the food!"
-Pepper Roni

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 02 Nov 2012, 11:33

TyreseEngineer wrote:Just here to say this place is very cool and you should all move there 'cause it's really pretty.
Thanks Tanis! :) it really means a lot!

@SMWasder: Your plot is still available if you're still interested in building on it. Not rushin you, just letting you know.

Flonneshire Update:
- Plots still available to anyone looking to live in a 17th century style town.
- Lockchester Bridge Export Company offices are available to town owners interested (see Branchscape thread page 83 for details)
- Construction of the Flonneshire-Branchscape railway underway, just wondering if any Branchscapians have some powered rails they can offer? If not, is anyone willing to trade stuff for gold ingots?
- Construction on the Flonneshire Cathedral will begin soon after the Flonneshire-Branchscape railway is finished. Donations of building materials would be much appreciated if anyone is willing. (looking for spruce planks, stonebrick, cobble, smooth stone).

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 02 Nov 2012, 12:03

I can donate 3-4 stacks of rail. I also know of several mineshafts in my mines that u are free to clear
-asi1998

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 02 Nov 2012, 14:41

That Wouk be great Asi, thanks! What town and world are you based in?

SMWasder
Retired

Post by SMWasder » 02 Nov 2012, 16:18

In case you're wondering why I haven't built yet, I do still want my plot, but my laptop is currently broken, I should get it back next weekend.
WWTDD