North Korea

A place for mature discussion on religious and political philosophies.
Xan_Krieger

North Korea

Post by Xan_Krieger » 23 Apr 2012, 19:03

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/2 ... ?ref=world
Derpers gonna derp.

"Once the above-said special actions kick off, they will reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style,"- North Korean TV

North Korea has been pretty hard to take seriously especially with the massive failure of the rocket launch not that long ago. What can we really do about them? All this talk and no real action is like a little kid having a tantrum. So guys, girls, what do you think of this country and it's actions?

Personally I enjoy listening to North Korea, it's funny and makes me facepalm when they make these stupid little empty threats. When they launched the rocket and the entire world got to see it fail and millions of people collectively facepalmed.
<Tanis> you win xan, you win

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: North Korea

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 24 Apr 2012, 21:04

It is hard to take NK seriously, yes, but they do have a formidable military. You have to remember, although their populace is starving, the military is well maintained, since it is the single most important thing in their goverment's view. That being said, I don't see them as too serious of a threat right now, and all they're doing is making empty threats and attempting to set the tone of their new leader's future. "If" North Korea did decide to actually go through with their threats, the US could obliterate their forces with air superiorety alone. Just send in a decent number of large-payload bombers, and the entire NK ground force is destroyed.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Xan_Krieger

Post by Xan_Krieger » 24 Apr 2012, 21:47

The problem is if they did declare war I think it's a sure bet that they have artillery already aimed at the south. Even though we would eventually get aircraft to knock them out there'd still be plenty of damage from the shelling.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 24 Apr 2012, 21:50

And we already have artillary aimed at them. There would be bloodshed by them of course, but they'd be quelled quickly.

Xan_Krieger

Post by Xan_Krieger » 24 Apr 2012, 21:57

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:And we already have artillary aimed at them. There would be bloodshed by them of course, but they'd be quelled quickly.
It's a matter of how fast we react. The capital of South Korea, Seoul, is so close to the DMZ that the North Koreans might be able to reach it. With 25 million people any attack on Seoul would be costly to South Korea. If they rush in with ground forces I don't doubt that they could reach it before we're able to reinforce our positions over there. Our airforce may be great but it's not gonna knock off all the men the North could throw into the attack.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 24 Apr 2012, 22:00

Our planes would likely get there before they got even close to striking distance of the capital. Bombing would take out a vast majority of them. I don't think a mad rush of ground forces by NK would ever be succesful.