Z-Apocalypse - M for Coarse Language - More Members Wanted

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
random980

Re: Zombie Apocalypse!

Post by random980 » 07 Apr 2011, 05:14

vallorn wrote:
Meatroid wrote:
vallorn wrote:im gonna say A... im also gonna do some looting for food and water while im here.
hmm but if we choose A and head to the roof, then what? the roof is a dead end. We have to find a way to get past the zombies and get to an exit.

Im going to say B...
now what? :/
i could build another contraption to get us off of the roof. :)
Good idea (forgot you were the mechanic) On the way to the roof we are gonna have to duck into the hardware/electronics shop and we're gonna need a pencil...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 07 Apr 2011, 05:41

Alright, we're just waiting on MKindy. :D

I'll be gone soon, so you MAY need to wait until tomorrow morning (Australian time).
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

MKindy
Everybody Have a Logical Time

Post by MKindy » 08 Apr 2011, 17:42

Skunk Giant wrote:a) Drive into the mall, smash through the walls and try to save any survivors.
I aim for the widest, most-glassy doors I can find to minimize damage to the vehicle. The people holing up inside aren't gonna like this... D:

(PS, sorry for horrible delay; never got a reply email for this thread. Went ahead and subscribed to it, so that shouldn't be an issue again. :P )

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Apr 2011, 02:37

CRAP! Sorry guys, I thought I had posted a reply, but it appears to be missing... I'll post later, bit busy now.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

random980

Post by random980 » 09 Apr 2011, 06:00

Skunk Giant wrote:CRAP! Sorry guys, I thought I had posted a reply, but it appears to be missing... I'll post later, bit busy now.
nice durping
Eekum Bokum

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 09 Apr 2011, 08:47

10-4!
It needs to be about, 20% cooler.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Apr 2011, 16:33

The two rushed up to the roof, having taken supplies from some other stores for Vallorn. He began setting up a contraption similar to what he used earlier while Chef held Conker close by the door, waiting for the zombies to arrive.

Vallorn & Meatroid

a) Make the contraption as fast as possible. It wont be as good and will have a higher chance of injury.

b) Make the best contraption possible. It will take longer, but have a lower chance of injury.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Apr 2011, 16:43

Sarge grabbed his knife, sending it straight between the zombie's eyes. The creature fell back, but it wasn't done yet. Charging up again, it pulled Sarge to the floor, clawing at his face, the knife slipping away. Luke kicked at the creature, but it kept clawing Sarge.
Noticing the shining metal, Luke rushed towards the knife on the floor, stabbing it straight through the zombie's head.

The zombie was finally done, but Sarge was injured badly (-20HP). Luke handed the knife back to him.

Suddenly, a crash down stairs. Luke rushed to the balcony, Sarge limping behind him. Below them, a bus, with survivors, had smashed through the biggest window in the mall.

Sir_Luke & Sadrack

a) Rush down the bus!

b) There are too many zombies, continue up!

c) Go wherever Sarge goes, he needs help. (Luke only)

Adder had luckily come down moments before David smashed through the window. Had he not, he'd be in quite a bit more pain now.
David pushed every button he could, trying to make sounds. After one push, the bus made a loud, low beeping, almost like a siren. While it may or may not have got the survivor's attention, it got the zombies. They began jumping and clawing to get to the bus.

MKindy & Black

a) Go to the roof, fend the zombies off from above.

b) Go to the front door, fend the zombies who are clawing in.

c) Go to the side door, they could break through there too!

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 09 Apr 2011, 18:07

Skunk Giant wrote:MKindy & Black

a) Go to the roof, fend the zombies off from above.

b) Go to the front door, fend the zombies who are clawing in.

c) Go to the side door, they could break through there too!
Isn't our best bet to cruise along at a couple mph, smushing zombies? D:

I choose b) to remain close to the steering, in case we need to make a fast getaway.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Apr 2011, 18:17

Forgot to mention, the bus can't really move. The passages in the mall are a bit small. The only way the bus could move would be to reverse out, but that defeats the purpose of going in.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 09 Apr 2011, 18:46

C)

Stuff the roof, they shouldnt be able to jump up to it =D

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Sadrack

Post by Sadrack » 09 Apr 2011, 21:51

After getting my face clawed off, I think I'll just go with option B), seems like the safest one.
What can change the nature of a man? -Ravel Puzzlewell

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 09 Apr 2011, 22:07

Skunk Giant wrote:Forgot to mention, the bus can't really move. The passages in the mall are a bit small. The only way the bus could move would be to reverse out, but that defeats the purpose of going in.
Stickin' with...
Skunk Giant wrote:b) Go to the front door, fend the zombies who are clawing in.
...for my answer. I hope the survivors in the mall arrive quickly. Adder can direct them to the roof.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 09 Apr 2011, 23:33

Blackadder51 wrote:C)

Not up to it, down to it... The zombies are on multiple floors... :shock:

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 10 Apr 2011, 01:30

Skunk Giant wrote:

Balls.

When we leave Ill get mkindy to drive under a low section of the mall therefore wiping the roof of zombies

I still stick with C

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

random980

Post by random980 » 10 Apr 2011, 01:51

Skunk Giant wrote:The two rushed up to the roof, having taken supplies from some other stores for Vallorn. He began setting up a contraption similar to what he used earlier while Chef held Conker close by the door, waiting for the zombies to arrive.

Vallorn & Meatroid

a) Make the contraption as fast as possible. It wont be as good and will have a higher chance of injury.

b) Make the best contraption possible. It will take longer, but have a lower chance of injury.
B) make it as best as we can. i should be able to hold off any zombies
Eekum Bokum

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 10 Apr 2011, 02:10

B. i should be able to rig up a trap to help chef as well.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 10 Apr 2011, 20:10

Skunk Giant wrote:

I pick C because He does need all the help he can get.. But looking at this post, this can't end well.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 10 Apr 2011, 20:27

"We need to go up! There's no way we could get down there!" Sarge yelled. Knowing Sarge would never survive on his own, Luke followed the man, helping him up the stairs. A floor up, there was a sky window showing the roof. Through the window, they could see two men, one holding off zombies, the other working on some form of contraption to get them down safely. If they went up another way, they could get past the zombies to the two men.

Sadrack & Luke

a) Keep going up. Those guys can help you with their contraption!

b) Look for another way down. Those guys look like they'll be overrun in moments!

c) There's no way you'll get down from up here! Take the stairs down to the bus!

Vallorn finished the last bit of the contraption. They were ready to jump when he saw two other survivors rushing to the roof.

Vallorn

a) Change the contraption for another two people. It'll take a while.

b) Jump, you can't wait for them!

c) Make the contraption for it, but don't make it perfect. It'll take less time, but it's likely to injure them badly.

Meatroid

a) Use your contraption now. Vallorn said it's OK and ready to go. At least this way, you're safe.

b) Stay at the door. Protect Vallorn while he either redoes the contraption or jumps off.

c) Go down the other way and help the two survivors below!

The zombies were crowding them, the two would be killed any moment! "Adder, how's it going down the side?" David yelled.
"We're in trouble!" Adder yelled, fending off another clawing hand. Suddenly, Adder was tackled to the ground. A zombie reach at his nose, cutting his nostril (-5HP), but quickly fell back, David's wooden stick poking through its head. The two looked up and found the zombies coming in from the roof.

Black and MKindy

a) Reverse out of the mall, the zombies are coming and there's no sign of survivors.

b) Wait a little bit longer for survivors.

REMEMBER. RED MEANS PM ME!

Sir_Luke

Post by Sir_Luke » 10 Apr 2011, 20:33

When will I get a fancy knife, gun, or sharp item?

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 10 Apr 2011, 20:36

Alright, Luke's the first and only to respond so far.

Luke, you'll all receive actual weapons later on, probably chapter one. Also, note that this is the last bit of the prologue, so make it good! :D

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 10 Apr 2011, 22:31

D: This is an epic moment we've got going right here. Time for some heroics...

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 10 Apr 2011, 22:42

Alright, we've nearly got all responses.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 12 Apr 2011, 02:12

Alrighty! Prepare to hate each other! :lol:

Conker smacked into another mouth, the teeth flying off the roof, down to the road. Chef was being overrun, but he stood by with pride, keeping Vallorn protected. He would wait, no matter what. If Vallorn chose to redo the contraption for the two survivors further down, Nom would wait, if he chose to jump, Nom would wait.
Vallorn, had of course, chosen to help the two survivors. He redid the entire thing. It'd take longer, but he had to help them. Besides, helping them, meant two less zombies to kill.

Luke and Sarge reached the roof via emergency stairs, the footsteps of the rushing zombies behind them struggling to keep up with the fast paced beating of their hearts.
"Please, help us!" Luke yelled, attracting the attention of Nom. The chef turned to see the two survivors rushing up... a horrible mistake. He was tackled to the ground by a zombie, Conker sliding out of his hand to the edge of the roof.
Vallorn turned to see his friend under attack and dropped the rope he was holding, rushing to Nom's aid.
Luke was the next to fall, a zombie from their entrance coming up from behind him. Sarge grabbed the knife by his side, leaping to his new friend's aid despite his own injuries. He stabbed the zombie four times, killing it, and leaped onto another, madly stabbing at it. A third came at him, but Luke pulled him back from the zombie, slamming the door and pushing it back.
Meanwhile, Vallorn was struggling to pull the zombie off Chef, but to no avail. Sarge and Luke rushed to help after boarding their door up with some supplies near Vallorns contraption. Luke boarded the other door up while Sarge helped Vallorn pull the zombie off Chef. Sarge finally managed to get the knife in, killing the zombie, but not before it took a small chunk out of Chef's leg.

Nom screamed as they lifted him to the contraption. Vallorn tried to calm him with some medication they'd take from the pharmacist, and it worked, but it'd be temporary. There was a high chance Nom would be infected too, but Vall wasn't going to leave him... Not yet anyway.
He explained how the contraption worked, and the four jumped off the roof as hundreds of zombies broke through the doors onto the roof.

Adder and David still fought madly, zombies pouring in from the roof and desperately trying to break in the doors. David grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher, knocking a zombie back, but there were too many. David was overrun, they were tackling him back. Black used his knife to reach David and pull him to safety, but they couldn't stay any longer.

He knew what to do. The survivors hadn't arrived yet, they were probably dead by now. He reached for the wheel and reversed over a group of zombies, out of the mall. There he saw them... Four survivors, using some sort of system to leap from the roof of the mall. It'd be dangerous though. There were hundreds of zombies waiting for them below. He checked David who was unconscious after he 'accidentally' knocked him with the fire extinguisher. He felt a bit guilty for it, but those extinguishers are bad... He just hoped he didn't hurt David any more with what he'd do next. He drove madly, smacking into the zombies waiting hungrily, killing the majority and screeched to a halt. The four survivors landed on the bus roof safely, and Adder rushed up to let them in.

When they finally thought they were safe, more zombies than any of them had seen in one place leaped off the roof onto the bus. Black slammed his foot on the accelerator, escaping the waterfall of zombies from the roof.
Now, they were safe.

And so, the six brave men travelled onwards. They wanted a life in peace, and they'd find a way for that, but for now, they needed to find help for poor Chef. He was growing pale, and even though the medication would slow it down, within a couple of weeks, probably less, he could become... one of them.

End Report:

Nom (-45HP) - Zombie Bite

Adder (+0)

David (-20HP) - Zombie Tackling

Vallorn (+0)

Sarge (+0)

Luke (-20HP) - Zombie Tackling

All (+30HP) - David's Healing

Dr David's Report

Adder - Adder is fit and strong. He has needed to do some tough actions recently. He's currently quite healthy and has no specific injuries.

175HP

Strength +2

Stamina +1

Speed +3

Senses +0

Smarts +0

Weapon Skill:

Knife - +1

David - I'm not too bad, although I could have better health. I've had a rough day, but overall, I'm quite fit. I've learnt a few new skills recently, although I've lost some sense from my actions.

175HP

Strength +1

Stamina +1

Speed +1

Senses -1

Smarts +1

Weapon Skill:

Vallorn - Vallorn is a growing young man who is quite fit. He's healthy, but nothing amazing. He has no specific injuries.

150HP

Strength +1

Stamina +1

Speed +1

Senses +2

Smarts +4

Weapon Skill:

Chef Nom - I'm worried about poor Nom. He's doing remarkably well for someone who has been bitten, but still, he looks sick. I've given him some medication which will keep the infection from spreading for a while, but because of this, he can't move his left arm much. He has brilliant health, considering what he has gone through. I will keep monitoring him.

154HP

Strength +3

Stamina +5

Speed +0

Senses +2

Smarts +0

Weapon Skill:

Sarge - Sarge has been through a bit today, and it has affected him mentally and physically, I suspect. He's a tougher man now, but then, he has always been tough from his previous experiences. I hear he got quite enraged up on the roof, but he seems fine now. He needs to stay healthy, but he's ageing, so I don't expect anything amazing.

140HP

Strength +3

Stamina +2

Speed +1

Senses +0

Smarts +0

Weapon Skill:

Knife + 2

Luke - Luke had a rough time after losing a fellow survivor, but he'll recover. He's been through a bit today, but I think he just needs a nice rest.

160HP

Strength +2

Stamina +1

Speed +0

Senses +3

Smarts +0

Weapon Skill:

Note that weapon skill is only for common weapons, not walking sticks, frying pans, etc.

So, you have a small break until I post the introduction to Chapter One. Use this break for any questions, feedback or anything at all! I'll probably have the intro up tomorrow.

Thanks for playing!

Also, I'll update the main page soon, just a bit busy now.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 12 Apr 2011, 02:16

Epic story Skunk =D

Keep it coming!

Sadrack

Post by Sadrack » 12 Apr 2011, 02:34

Pretty fun so far. I quite like the little bonuses/status report we get at the end of the chapter too, it was a nice touch. Can't wait for chapter 1, hopefully it will come soon enough.

Too bad Sarge didn't get his smokes in the end. :lol:
What can change the nature of a man? -Ravel Puzzlewell

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 12 Apr 2011, 02:43

Glad to see you're liking it! If you really want, I can put something up now, as I'm rather bored. :D

Also, each chapter will have a sort of goal, and some goals will carry over multiple chapters. One of the main goals in chapter one will be to help Chef. I hope you're not too angry about what happened to him, Meatroid!

random980

Post by random980 » 12 Apr 2011, 03:45

Skunk Giant wrote:Glad to see you're liking it! If you really want, I can put something up now, as I'm rather bored. :D

Also, each chapter will have a sort of goal, and some goals will carry over multiple chapters. One of the main goals in chapter one will be to help Chef. I hope you're not too angry about what happened to him, Meatroid!
D:
chef! chef!? CHEF?? CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (metal gear solid reference)

well the +5 to stamina wasnt a surprise after what just happened. BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO CHEF!?
at least he can take a beating... *mumbles stuff about stupid zombies*

Good story so far Skunk! the ending where all 6 survivors come together seemed a little too convenient :lol:
and the report at the end is a cool addition. cant wait for the next chapter!
Eekum Bokum

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 12 Apr 2011, 04:08

I know, I kept thinking it was so convenient, but I had to bring you guys together somehow...

MKindy

Post by MKindy » 12 Apr 2011, 05:16

:D Who else saw the chapter summary and had this start playing in their heads?...: