Invasion! Nao back on track :D

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
vallorn

Re: Invasion!

Post by vallorn » 27 Apr 2011, 02:21

Pinmissile wrote:You just described a four-dimensional object with three dimensions.
technically as its altering with time its 4D (1st is length 2nd is width 3rd is depth 4th is time) and its only a representation that we can see.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 27 Apr 2011, 14:41

Technically, this is really off topic.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 29 Apr 2011, 13:11

ALLRIGHT 3rd times the charm, i think my brain hemeraged a bit when i had finished this TWICE and lost it both times.
RIGHTO LETS HAVE ANOTHER GO AT TYPING THIS DAMN THING.
echem...

.....MOLAS......10:27am standard terran time...

Nathan stepped out of the coach on the to trash encrusted road. He felt lost. He had grown acustomed to the dark, cramped and silent corridors of his space station. He felt even further away from home than he had ever felt here, even though in reality he was closer than he had been for what seemed like a lifetime. The midday sun glared at him and provoked him to move. His growling stomach told him to go to the rather scruffy looking diner across the road so he decided he would go eat, relax and decide his next move.
The smell of ground coffee and frying meat greeted him as he entered the the dim room.
A small robot floated past him and he noticed the word "blink" on it as it hovered past. He found the nearest seat, sat down and ordered a mug of coffee. It was only at this point that he realised he was not alone on his table, he was joined by four other charcters at the table. The one closest to him was a tall blonde woman who was paying him no heed whatsoever. Next was a small framed bald headed man with brown eyes who was working on a small portable cogitator. Next was a tall, thin man wearing odd looking armour and had blonde curls and gleaming blue eyes. Finaly was a cyborg, wearing a black robe and was staring back at him. Nathan quickly averted i gaze out of the window. It wa sthen that he saw it. There was a blue flash in the sky as a flaming object shot through the twisting clouds and started getting bigger. Nathan tried to shout but before he had time to voice his words it happened.
With a deafening crash the world seemed to be torn apart as the windows shattered and everyone in the room was thrown across the room in a tangled heap.
please PM me your characters response within 2 days.good luck.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 29 Apr 2011, 14:22

seriously PMs when were in the same room?

does not make sense!
Spoiler! :
i boost and erect a telekenetic shield around myself and those closest to me to protect us from the rubble.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 29 Apr 2011, 14:51

vallorn wrote:seriously PMs when were in the same room?

does not make sense!

Seconded.
Spoiler! :
Rising from the rubble, Paul dusted himself off, and searched for the cogitator he was working on. Upon finding it's shattered pieces, he loudly exclaimed his thoughts over the dilemma.

"Damn it! I was almost finished!"

Looking down, Paul faced towards his companion robot, still firmly attached to the side of his belt. He dislodged the small sphere-shaped AI from the magnetic clasp up and held it up to his face.

"Five, situational report."
Last edited by Pinmissile on 30 Apr 2011, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Apr 2011, 16:16

PM'd. Shame on you two!
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 29 Apr 2011, 16:47

Ugh. Fine.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 29 Apr 2011, 19:50

I deal with this situation the way I plan to deal with every situation: by flying away really fast. I escape the blast unscathed, and am several miles away before most of the other characters have had time to react. Unfortunately I forget one of my battery packs back with the others. Since I don't have the funds to replace it I send out a radio distress signal informing local authorities of the incident, then turn around and head back to retrieve it.
Last edited by Jake55778 on 29 Apr 2011, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
The staff here are all trolls

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 29 Apr 2011, 19:58

I scream and dive under the table

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 02 May 2011, 08:55

The man in strange Armour is first to react, the other characters that are conscious in the rubble watch in amazement as the rocks and glass, as well as the barmaid, (who was quite dead at this point) began to fly off the man as he rose from the rubble.
Nathan sat up, dust and glass trickling off of his face. He drew his pistol and upturned a table, his sights set on the gaping hole in the wall, it was then that the nature of the incident became apparent. It was no weapon or missile. It was a ship. like a arrow head made of steel that had plowed into the street. Nathans eye's widened as he saw the sky alive with more objects all hurtling towards the ground. Hundreds. No. Thousands.
Rising from the rubble, Paul dusted himself off, and searched for the cogitator he was working on. Upon finding it's shattered pieces, he loudly exclaimed his thoughts over the dilemma.
"Damn it! I was almost finished!"
Looking down, Paul faced towards his companion robot, still firmly attached to the side of his belt. He dislodged the small sphere-shaped AI from the magnetic clasp up and held it up to his face.
"Five, situational report."
The robot hummed for a moment before stating:
".....communications network status. Down.
.....situational analysis.... large metallic object impacted into south side of building. Estimated 900 MPH. Over 90 similar objects detected in 1000m radius...
Blink did not want to hang around. He was programmed to flee and so he did. He turned in the air to escape but a chunk of rockcrete collided with him and he went into standby mode.
Misty awoke to blackness. She panicked and began franticly clawing at the rocks on her. She saw light and pushed through. She noticed she was still in the diner. she was about to stand when a small robot fell into her lap, buzzing loudly. She held on to the robot like a child's teddy bear and hid under the nearest table.
Everyone was in various states of confusion. But everyone stopped and listened when the sound of screeching metal and the hissing of pistons was heard. The object started to move. open. And the air was filled with a chorus of high pitched chittering.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 02 May 2011, 10:21

i fall backwards with escess psionic power arcing from my body into the metal spars in the rubble.

"OH GOD THAT HURTS" i scream as the Boosters power down, leaving my nervous system in total overload.

as i lie there writhing on the floor i plead with the others for help.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 03 May 2011, 00:24

Spoiler! :
Did Will respond btw?
Last edited by Pinmissile on 03 May 2011, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 03 May 2011, 01:38

Please put off topic...topics into spoilers please :P
and he did not, if he continues as such his character will...die >_> and he will be replaced.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 03 May 2011, 01:45

ROBOT HUGGLE! =D

After the huggleing I steal vall's wallet whilst helping him up. I then notice that shit got real. D: And decided to huggle the robot thing some more.

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 15 May 2011, 11:35

Sorry for the delayed response, been busy with revision recently.
I will post asap with next bit.
Also if anyone wishes to join, feel free, the mor the merrier.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 15 May 2011, 12:28

Bored. Decided to illustrate my character's escape.
Jake55778 wrote:I deal with this situation the way I plan to deal with every situation: by flying away really fast. I escape the blast unscathed, and am several miles away before most of the other characters have had time to react. Unfortunately I forget one of my battery packs back with the others. Since I don't have the funds to replace it I send out a radio distress signal informing local authorities of the incident, then turn around and head back to retrieve it.
That's: "011100110110100101100111011010000010000001001001001000000110000101101100011101110110000101111
0010111001100100000011001100110111101110010011001110110010101110100001000000111001101101111011
01101011001010111010001101000011010010110111001100111" For anyone interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 15 May 2011, 14:48

Jake55778 wrote:Bored. Decided to illustrate my character's escape.

And so would I!
Untitled-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 15 May 2011, 15:12

Ponies?! Nooo! A robot's one weakness.

Fine I'll go back and help the squishy humans. It's not my fault they can't outrun a simple explosion. They could at least have the good sense to be made of metal, that fleshy stuff burns too easily.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 17 May 2011, 18:14

Allright heres the next part, notice how it is getting more and more refined as i think about it more and more :P
AThe room desended into a erie silence for a moment. The occupants of the diner thouht themselves safe for a moment. Misty stayed crouched behind the table, cluching the small robot that was now humming back to life.
The other occupants peeked over from tables or lumps of rubble, frozen with awe.

The quiet was broken by a stirring in the crater outside the diner. A small, carapaced creature emerged from the crater looking very confused. It wobbled about on the lip of the crater before focusing on the closest person. Misty. Misty stood for a moment, unaware of how to react. The creature stared at her for a few tense moments.
Nathan leveled his pistol, his finger caressing the trigger. Ready. The creature reared up to the hieght of Misty's knee and let out a chittering roar, it was cut short by the bullet that cast the purple coulored contents of it head against the wall. Misty shrank back under the table clutching the robot like a childs toy, though its eye now glowed a vibrant blue.
The room was slient for less than a moment before a deafening chittering roar filled the room, eminating from the crater. The sounds of screaming joined that of the creatures and the crater burst into a carpet of chittering creatures.

OK everyone time to make a choice. If you dont respond to 3 events in a row without good reason you will die.
Your choices for this instance are as follows:
@ Run.
@ Stand up, find a wepon and fight!
@ find a wepon and run (more time consuming)
@ do nothing
@ hide
@ Other (please state)

You have 3 days :D please respond as best as possible.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 17 May 2011, 18:43

I have no idea what im huging btw, is it jake?

Anyway I run, enticing other to join me with my sexy figure.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 17 May 2011, 18:59

@ Run.
That's all I'd been trying to do from the beginning. Damn humans are too clingy.
On the other hand I still hadn't found my missing battery pack, and it'd much harder to locate if I had to leave and come back. The authorities I'd signaled would lock the place down when they arrived, and getting back might be tricky. Plus there was no telling how much mess these creatures might make to complicate matters.

Pausing for a second I ran through a long list of possible variables. The creatures spewing from the crater were small and physically weak, they probably relied on some kind of venom to take down larger targets. As a robot I was safe then so long as I didn't get get completely swarmed, plus if things got bad I could always use a static dischrage to stun them and fly up out of range. As Nathan had already shown, they were perfectly suceptable to gunfire. If all armed members of the group were to open fire I estimated a 84% chance of survival, of course that figure relied heavily on co-oporation from the humans, something I had learned not to rely on. On my own the odds looked a lot bleaker, a mere 14.2% chance of survival with a 93% probability of sustained damage...

I decided to stall a few more seconds to see the others reactions. If they fought, I'd stick around, fight, and try and recover my battery pack in the aftermath, if they ran... well I could be in the next town over haggling for a new battery faster than most of these bipeds could leave the room, but it'd be a shame to have to resort to that. I was dangerously low on funds after all.

I activated my auxillary jets and started rising into the air slowly. The human who'd been holding on to my stabilizer fin was startled and clutched hold tighter. Compensating for the additional mass I lifted us both up about 20 feet, deposited the human on an intact section of the roof out of reach of the approaching creatures. I then turned and hovered overthe scene, waiting for the others to make their moves.

From my new position I could look down on the crater and see the full extent of the swarming creatures, I briefly recalculated our odds at a reduced 78%, and began planning out possible escpae routes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Blackadder51 wrote:I have no idea what im huging btw, is it jake?

Anyway I run, enticing other to join me with my sexy figure.
I assumed so. Unfortunately I didn't see your reply before I started mine. Now we have conflicting accounts. Would you rather be running away, or sitting on the roof?

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 17 May 2011, 19:17

The roof, also misty likes her shiny robot teddy bear and wants to get that battery pack. (i dont now how she knows so roll with it) So she is trying to get the others to get it for her. Also the whiped cream can be used to blind monsters before she kicks them in the eye with her high heel boots.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 18 May 2011, 01:15

im gonna start punching them with my mind...

cant hurt.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 18 May 2011, 03:31

@ Other (please state)
Since I have a weapon, back away while shooting. Try to keep whatever it is away until everyone has escaped.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 18 May 2011, 11:26

if its not too late i would like to have my character put into the story please.

Char name: Blade

job: Assassin and now after the invasion fighting them for survival

Description of appearance:A bit like prince of Persia. The cloak from number 2 and the outfit of number 4 underneath i will attach some pictures. bassicly he looks mostly like him

Personality: arrogant but gives of funny comments once in a while. People look up to him for what to do next bbut he doesn't want to get blamed for things.

WS (wepon skill):7
BS (balistic skill):6
S (strength):3
T (toughness):4
W (willpower):4
A (agility):8
Fate points (max 3): 1
F (fellowship): 4

starting item/wepon (within reason): his swords are nearly the same only that he has the long sword on his belt main sword.
the two other ones are shorter and are daggers concealed in his cloak :D

hey jake mind drawing him for me if you can be bothered? :)

Pinmissile
Retired

Post by Pinmissile » 19 May 2011, 17:44

As Paul lacks a weapon and most of the room's human inhabitants are leaving, Paul decides follow the armed man leaving (Nathan) and start figuring out a viable escape route.

@ Run, following Nathan.

He also noted Misty's habit of hugging tightly to a robot capable of incinerating her most trusted source of income.

"Lady, be careful with that Scouting Drone! It's not a toy!"

arogon343

Re: Invasion! Nao back on track :D

Post by arogon343 » 18 Jun 2011, 20:29

RIghto time to get back to this.

Echem.

The swarm of creatures tore across the road and enveloped anyone in the street in a seething mass of needle like teeth and razor sharp claws. Misty was in no mood to hang around so she Stood up to run, but where? The small robot now floated up the fire escape stairway to the roof and so misty decided to follow him.
The man in the Armour also fell back towards the stairs, His gaze focused on the carpet of creatures that raced towards them. Groups of the creatures imploded or were scattered by the psychics abilities but still they came, innumerable.
Nathan proceeded to empty the rest of his clip into the creatures, each bullet felling one of them but it didn't make a difference, there were to many. he backed away to the rear of the diner next to the exit and the stairs.
The rest of the party all headed for the stairwell, as fast ass possible.
one person however emerged from the rubble, now wielding 2 short blades. he sliced through four of the creatures before noticing Nathan and the psychic and followed Nathans lead, disposing of any of the creatures that would dare get too close.

Choices

Nathan and blade:
A: Use the back door.
B: use the stairs
C: find a way to stop the swarm
D: fight.
E: other

Vallorn
A: head up the stiars
B: use the back door
C: follow nathan and blade
D: Try to stop the swarm with your abilities.

Everyone else:
A: carry on to the roof
B: fight
C: Double back to the back door
D: wait behind the psychic and Nathan and Blade
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 18 Jun 2011, 21:00

Can we hold them off until the others escape, then leave?

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 18 Jun 2011, 21:29

A: carry on to the roof
As a robot capable of sustaining up to 28Gs of acceleration I resent your insinuation that I wouldn't already have reached the roof by now.

Looking down on the skirmish from my vantage point I re-evaluate our group's chances. Escape starting to look like a more appealing option.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 18 Jun 2011, 21:57

Do what ever my6 roboty bear does