Clear Skies - Now Open!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Skunk_Giant
Retired

Clear Skies - Now Open!

Post by Skunk_Giant » 28 Jun 2011, 23:09

"And as the clouds ceased to exist, so too did the brothers of their creators."
.........................................................................................- Anonymous War Veteran

Story

The year is 2256, and humanity rests after the most destructive war in their history.
Officially known as 'The Galactic War', this war cost billions of lives and according to experts, likely slowed humanity's technology progress by about one hundred years.
The war was fought mainly between the Colonies of Orion (CoO or 'Coo') and the Reds, a group consisting of large terrorist groups, who had attempted to create an army. Clearly, they had done well, rising above simple acts of terrorism. Seven years after they first revealed themselves, the Reds attacked their biggest target, Earth.
Having prepared for the attack for years, likely before they revealed their name, the Reds brought terror on every major western country on Earth, using a new variant of space technology.
Having applied an amazing piece of camoflauge to captured military ships from CoO, unsuspecting citizens looked up to the sky as the clouds slowly formed into ships controlled by the Reds, and within minutes, the bombing began.

After that first declaration of war, the CoO had foolishly pledged to do their best to help every CoO controlled colony fight the Reds. Not having the power to live up to their promise, a number of colonies were completely destroyed, with many of the survivors joining the Reds to fight the CoO.
Fifteen years later, the CoO captured each of the major leaders of the Reds and the terrorist groups within, including the eldest group, al-Qaeda.
Despite protests for justice, the majority of the leaders were not given fair trials, and were simply executed. Besides a few, all the others that were given fair trials received the death sentence.

Now, humanity picks up the pieces of the war known unofficially by many names, including 'The Sky War', after the camoflauge used by the Reds.
The majority of the Reds disappeared, with some believing they were secretly captured by the CoO and executed. Now, humanity is finally in peace.

But a political storm is threatening to throw us back into war. With the UN, the main power over Earth, disagreeing with a number of the CoO decisions, and rumours that there are still Reds out there, readying themselves, everyone is more worried then ever.

Gameplay

In the game, you'll play as a character of your creation. Your characters will have to be approved by me, but as long as their reasonable, I'll let them pass.
You'll need to type everything about your character, as though yo uwere writing your own story. This means full paragraphs, not simply choices that I provide anymore.

Rules - Borrowed and Modified from Someone Else

1)Please read everyone’s posts; this allows us all to follow along with the story. Without this, the RPG falls to pieces fast.

2)Avoid writing either one-line posts or extremely long posts. If you really only need a short post or can't condense a long one that's fine, just try not to do it too often.

3)Please make sure to proofread and/or edit your posts. This is just so it looks good and there's no confusion.

4)Do not attempt to control another character without their consent. A story won't be fun unless we can all control our own characters' fates.

5)If you can no longer play or will be noticeably absent for a long time your character may be NPC'd, or killed or something else. If you are a new player and would like to jump in at the middle of a story no problem, we'll just role-play your character in.

6)The game thread will be for the game, if there are any issues, concerns, gripes, complaints, comments not relating to the game/story please discuss in the discussion thread.

7) No playing God, you are NOT Superman, taking on 50,000,000,000 creepers at a time!

Now, rules are made to be broken, so if you do break a rule minorly every now and then, that'll probably be fine, as long as it's important for the story. If you break a rule for the hell of it... Well, you're a mean person.

Character

Name:

Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Ocupation:

Characters must be approved by me first, just to check they're all good.
Characters should be posted in this thread, but other than that, all out of character stuff should be posted in the discussion thread.

If you've got any questions, PM me, or post in the discussion thread.

Discussion Thread - http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =23&t=3308

Have fun!
Last edited by Skunk_Giant on 29 Jun 2011, 09:29, edited 3 times in total.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Re: Clear Skies

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 09:23

OK, it's up! :D

As of this post, all out of character posts should go to the discussion thread. Get your characters in!

Edit: Whichever mod cleaned up the thread for me, thanks! :D
Last edited by Skunk_Giant on 29 Jun 2011, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Onecanofsprite

Re: Clear Skies - Now Open!

Post by Onecanofsprite » 29 Jun 2011, 09:45

Name: Jake Hargreaves

Appearance: Pretty much my avatar.
Personality: Complete and utter prick.
Background: A café owner from the far off town of Comicfurysville, as he so claims. He says he's 'been through a lotta crap' in his time, so he likes to carry a form of self defence around as a precaution.
Ocupation: Café owner
"Shoutouts to the peaceful Skeleton community"

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 10:15

Name: Sergeant Nathan Brown

Appearance: Slightly neat, but can be found untidy sometimes. He's got short brown hair and brown eyes and he's also quite tall. Average weight. He has a few scars and stress marks around his face, hinting at his past.
Personality: Nathan will come across from a first glance as one of those guys you don't wanna meet. He is, however, the exact opposite.
The truth is, he was looking forward to meeting the new squad for a while now, as he remembered the first day he joined the CoO. He's a tough fighter, but is often distracted by his thoughts.

Background: Nathan joined the CoO back when he was 22, starting off in a squad with a strong sergeant who's name he never mentioned. His personality was largely due to the sergeant and the others in his squad, whom he also prefers not to talk about.
In an extremely short amount of time, Nathan had somehow made his way up to Lieutenant, with all the rest of his squad also doing amazingly well. In a space attack, he'd led his men onto an enemy ship. The battle was a reunion for he and the squad, with the former members, even the sergeant, being involved.
Not much is known after that point. Nathan went along for a while, and for some reason, requested after the war to be moved back down to sergeant. He wanted nothing more than to live the life of his former sergeant, his role model.

Ocupation: Sergeant in the CoO

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 29 Jun 2011, 10:51

Name: "blackmane"

Appearance: dark black hair, black sunglasses with a headset like in tomb raider (movie) black jump-suit with grappling hook launches on wrists and a jump-pack on the back with two daggers and two laser pistols
Personality: a tough fighter with sharp senses and full of strategies, this is someone who you won't want to annoy
Background: blackmane's name came from his black hair, he has been working for CoO for 3 years and has earnt much respect with the higher up's in CoO and he is quite a good lier and is good with the ladies
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 29 Jun 2011, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

KaosuHamoni

Post by KaosuHamoni » 29 Jun 2011, 12:24

Name: Erika Rose

Appearance: Around 5 foot 9, lithe, with a thin scar running along her left cheek. Wears fitting, indigo blue jeans, a simple white, low-cut cotton shirt, and a black greatcoat with a rose embroided on the right lapel. Deep red lipstick, incredibly pale blue-green eyes, and Shoulder length, red hair (Think Lilith from Borderlands)
Spoiler! :
On her right thigh is a holster, which carries her custom-built old-style revolver, modified to fire a number of ammunition types. On her left thigh is a brand-new, army issue long-barrelled plasma pistol. God knows where she got it. She carries a number of knives, and a thin, long, plasma-edged sword, which rests on her back. She also wears an elbow-length black glove on her right hand, which hides... Something...

Personality: Seductive, manipulative, and clever. Quick-thinking, and a born leader, she's made many friends and enemies during her life. She's resourceful, and adept at a surprising number of things.

Background: Her parents having been killed in the great war, Erika grew up alone, and vunerable. Years of abuse toughened her demeanor, until, one day, she broke into a CoO base, and stole their brand-new, top-spec space-fighter. On the run, and ruthless, she gunned down all opposition, until, one day, the CoO contacted her with a proposal. She was to bring in a defected general, who was now working with a small militia group, based on a Martian colony. She did this, and the CoO would leave her alone. For good. So off she went, to Mars. She captured the general, and brought him back, and, in this, made a name for herself as a decent bounty-hunter. But with this job came risks. And with risks, came danger... And opportunity.

And pain. The capture of the general was not without it's price. The general had been feeding secrets to the militia, and they had build an experimental genetic-modification device. Having been hasty, and young, she stole the device, and used it on her right hand...

Last edited by KaosuHamoni on 01 Jul 2011, 11:08, edited 4 times in total.
"The artist is the creator of beautiful things" -Oscar Wilde

warlockseer
Retired

Post by warlockseer » 29 Jun 2011, 12:48

Name:John Grustin

Appearance: A young looking white male with brown hair, hazel eyes, a green coat(his favorite coat) covering a brown shirt. He wears black street shoes and a pair of blue jeans.
Personality:A bit short tempered man who can go crazy at random times. He is a gamer, and that was his life before becoming an Architect.
Background: A man who was lucky enough to survive the war. He was a game developer, making a MMORPG game. When the war ended and humanity started to re-build, he took up a new job as a Architect.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 29 Jun 2011, 14:29

Character

Name: Eric Diedrichs

Appearance: Short hair at the back and a bit longer at the front. Usually dresses in colorful shirts and jeans and people despise him for it.
Personality: Funny easy to get along with once you get to know him.
Background: German, people mistreat him because of it as Germany started the 4th world war even though it stopped 50 years ago. People stay distant and all he hopes for is someone who understands and trusts him.
Ocupation: Artist Painting and Photography. Documents the life of the earth and its struggle in photos now Private in the CoO.
Last edited by EricSmarties on 30 Jun 2011, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

Blank_Kold

Post by Blank_Kold » 29 Jun 2011, 14:42

Name: Vestis

Appearance: Caucasian male, slightly above average height, dark hair, dark eyes.

Personality: None, really. The onset of psycosis he faced in the early years of the war killed off all emotion, leaving a cold, calculated, and meticulous killer.

Backround: Living on a fringe world during the war was like living under bombardment for years, though analogy may be inappropriate, as the bombardments would go on for weeks at a time. Through the darkness and terrors of war, a boy died, the pale black flower of hate rising from his being. Everything that the boy was died and became none existent; it became the white night, the dark sun, it became Vestis.

To Satiate the bloodlust that had become him, Vestis took to freelance work, a murderer and thief for hire, often toppling the broken governments he held so much resent for. While working his way out of the fringe worlds, Vestis was hired by a rather odd client, the CoO. Now stuck in a squad, like some meathead idealist, Vestis waited.

ojamamask

Post by ojamamask » 29 Jun 2011, 14:54

Name: Michael Boyd

Appearance: Brown, wavy hair which goes halfway down his neck. Wears checkered shirts and torn jeans. He's much more bulky and muscular than most 16 year olds and can easily pass for an adult.

Personality: Nice, friendly person and rarely looses his temper but when he does it's really hard for him to clam down.

Background: His father died in the war and his mother was captured by the Reds and was never seen since. He managed to escape to the countryside and was brought up by a couple living in cottage in the woods. Now that he's old enough to leave, he has recently joined the CoO to try and find his mother.

Last edited by ojamamask on 30 Jun 2011, 11:38, edited 2 times in total.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 29 Jun 2011, 14:55

Name: Pendrite Sheddler

Appearance: Muscular, tall and wide. Ze has short brown hair, very pale skin with freckles and grey eyes. Ze also has heaving scarring on zer back and some on zer face.
Ze has a bionic left leg and limps slightly. Ze wears an all-black uniform with red crosses on the shoulders, back and front pocket of the jacket.
In casual wear often is seen with sunglasses, heavy leather jackets, tank tops and slacks with sandals.
Personality: Ze is calm and moral, but still struggles with PTSD after the war. Ze can seem very strict with zerself, but is kind to others. Ze likes to read; before the war ze was an avid sci-fi and war-tales reader, but now tends towards gentler fantasy fiction - and heavy historical texts.
Background: Brought up on one of the colonies, ze moved to Earth shortly after the war began, along with zer girlfriend. During the recruitment drive in the 4th year of the war, ze joined as a soldier and rose up the ranks over 7 years to become a Sergeant in the CoO. During this time zer girlfirend, Amie, died.
Unfortunately during a battle ze was ambushed by Reds, shot through the left leg, and lost half zer squad. Ze was severely injured, but remained on in a logistical capacity, and started training in field medicine.
Honorably discharged after the 'official' end of the war, Pendrite was unable to cope with civilian life, yet couldn't go back into battle. Ze compromised, trained as a medic and now works with the CoO, hoping to change it from the inside out. Ze has just been assigned a new squadron to work with, and insists on being treated like any other medic, often not telling people of the fact.
Ocupation: Medic (68W), working with the squad.
Last edited by TheAquapunk on 30 Jun 2011, 12:39, edited 8 times in total.
The Horrorterrors made the world while God was sleeping.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 16:32

Hmm, I guess I should have posted it here as well, not just the discussion thread, but I had requested that for now, the occupations be new soldiers.

Would you all be alright if the jobs you have stated are your main jobs, but for some reason, you've recently joined the CoO?
Obviously there'd be some differences. For example, AquaPunk, your character could be someone from the UN to check how the new squads are going, or something like that.
Let me know if you're fine with that. Once you guys have said yes or no, I'll start it up! :D

Onecanofsprite

Post by Onecanofsprite » 30 Jun 2011, 06:26

Yeah, that's fine.
"Shoutouts to the peaceful Skeleton community"

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 11:14

sure :D

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:30

Alright, I'm getting too excited to start this. XD
I'll just start it probably within the hour. Oh, and this is my fault for starting it, but from now on, all OOC posts should be directed to the discussion thread.
Alright, expect the post soon!
Last edited by Skunk_Giant on 30 Jun 2011, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 30 Jun 2011, 11:31

I'm going to change it abit :) into a wanna-be engineer/pilot

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:34

Alright, but no more out of character posts here. For now, I think we'll be closed for new players until we get started. If you wanna join, PM me, and I can probably fit you in.

ojamamask

Post by ojamamask » 30 Jun 2011, 11:36

OK gonna change mine slightly then.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:45

Argh, OK. But next time let me know via PM or Discussion Thread.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 11:46

To capture a moment in a photograph is something beautiful, to capture a dying world in your vision beautiful and sad at the same time. People are becoming greedy wanting more and more and never stopping, accelerating our doom. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything more to life than wanting things, wars fuel our greed and as i am German I usually get the blame for it. People need a scapegoat and who is better than a German? Even though The Sky War was devastating and more recent people still hate me for what i am.

Im on a ship hanging in space protecting our world. A world that has been through Wars unimaginable and terrible. Now we are trying to rebuild ourselves, but I don't believe it. When I look at Earth I see a world at its end and people denying because they are too busy using up resources. A world that is dying.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:53

Nathan leaned up against the thick white wall, chewing a piece of SpaceTaste gum. He checked his Electronic Personal Assistant, the small pad blinking to life.
They were scheduled to leave in ten minutes. He took a look around, searching for any of the new kids. He didn't see anyone in uniform.
Nathan just hoped that the kids would know who he was, he didn't want them walking past him, and he certainly didn't want them complaining that their new sergeant hadn't shown up.

He looked through the window in the wall, showing an amazing view of the beautiful planet that was Earth.
In the corner of his eye, he noticed the black and blue uniform of a new recruit. Finally.

Nathan made his way over to the guy who looked to be in his early twenties. The kid had black hair with a long fringe, but it was shorter at the back. He recognised the face from the photos he'd received when he was assigned a squad.
"Eric? Eric Diedrichs?"

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 12:08

"Eric? Eric Diedrichs?"
As i was gazing out of the window I heard my name called, i turn around and the 33 year old sergeant Brown.
He came over and leaned on the railings gazing out at the view over earth. I could see that the other recruits had not bothered to show up. I was here to do the job, and i will do it correctly.
"Yes? I ..mean yes sir?"

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:14

"Yes? I ..mean yes sir?"
Nathan chuckled. He remembered when he first joined up and his sergeant had told him not to call him Sir. He knew then that the man was nicer than he'd heard, and that he'd feel it an honour to serve with the sarge.
"Don't worry about that crap. 'Sir' is just a term to make the higher ups feel good. Hell, I need to call a civillian 'Sir', and they can call me an ass. Suddenly, I've got a squad full of kids who wanna call me Sir, but why? Why should a fighting man need to call me Sir, while Average Joe Smith can call me whatever he wants? Don't worry kid, 'sarge' is fine. And to get back to the original question, I was just checking I knew your name correctly," Nathan ended with a grin.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 12:22

"And to get back to the original question, I was just checking I knew your name correctly,"
"Yes you are correct, pleasure to meet you sarge."
I liked his way of thinking, I can see that he isn't your typical person. He seemed like a good guy and i heard that he used to be lieutenant.
"I look forward to working with you sarge, when are we taking off?" I smiled knowing that if I ever got into trouble he would help me out.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 12:24

Pendrite checked zer watch as ze limped down another identical corridor, inwardly cursing the layout of the station.
Looking at a sign on the wall, ze consoled zerself with the fact ze was at least heading in the right direction. Turning a corner, ze stepped into a large room.
Most of it was filled with kids in civvies, but by a window (With a beautiful view of earth rise, a part of zer noted) there were two men in uniform.
They were in the right place so Pendrite assumed they were part of zer assigned squad.
Pendrite hobbled over, wondering where the other members of the squad were.
Last edited by TheAquapunk on 30 Jun 2011, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:29

"I look forward to working with you sarge, when are we taking off?"
"Well, we're supposed to board our ship in about twenty minutes. Just a small thing for our squad and a few other military guys. Of course, here, fligths are always delayed last minute, so don't be surprised if it's any later. The flight should last about an hour, maybe a bit more. You ever flown from Earth before?" Nathan asked, watching as an Androgyne made ze way to them.
"Ah, Sheddler, good to see you!"
Nathan remembered a horrible battle, where his platoon had been fighting alongside another platoon, one of the sergeants in the other platoon being the Androgyne. He assumed Pendrite probably didn't remember him or even know he'd been there.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 12:37

"Ah, Sheddler, good to see you!"
Good, so this was the right place.
"You must be Sergeant Brown. Nice to meet you Sir, and you." Ze nodded at the other man.
Sergeant Brown seemed familiar, but when you'd met as many people as Pendrite had their faces had a tendency to blur together somewhat.
Ah, ze'd remember if it was important.
Maybe they'd served together during the war at one point? Maybe.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 12:37

"You ever flown from Earth before?"
From the corner of my eye I saw Sheddler the Androgyne head over to us. "Sadly not, It will be a good experience for me as I would like to document our travels with my camera." I nodded towards her then turned and faced the window again taking in the beauty. I did not want to get too close to people yet.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:43

"Sadly not, It will be a good experience for me as I would like to document our travels with my camera."
"You'll need to check that camera with security."
Nathan check his EPA again, where the hell was everyone?
He pulled a small device from his pocket. An old thing his father had given him. It'd been passed through generations ever since the 21st century.
His father called it an I-Pod, but Nathan wasn't so sure why. He plugged the old headset into it, and flicked through the songs on it.
Sure it was old, but the songs were great.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 13:48

"You'll need to check that camera with security."
"Might aswell do it now as the others aren't here yet."
I look around and locate the security and head over to leave Sheddler with Sarge.
I think that they know each other and probably want to catch up on stuff.