Clear Skies - Discussion Thread

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Skunk_Giant
Retired

Clear Skies - Discussion Thread

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 09:22

This is the discussion thread for Clear Skies, which can be found here - http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 545#p45545

As the RPG progresses, I'll fill this space up with information about the story.

If the mods are unhappy with two threads for the same RPG, let me know.

Characters

Onecanofsprite
Name: Jake Hargreaves

Appearance: Pretty much my avatar.

Personality: Complete and utter prick.

Background: A café owner from the far off town of Comicfurysville, as he so claims. He says he's 'been through a lotta crap' in his time, so he likes to carry a form of self defence around as a precaution.

Ocupation: Café owner

Skunk
Name: Sergeant Nathan Brown

Appearance: Slightly neat, but can be found untidy sometimes. He's got short brown hair and brown eyes and he's also quite tall. Average weight. He has a few scars and stress marks around his face, hinting at his past.
Personality: Nathan will come across from a first glance as one of those guys you don't wanna meet. He is, however, the exact opposite.
The truth is, he was looking forward to meeting the new squad for a while now, as he remembered the first day he joined the CoO. He's a tough fighter, but is often distracted by his thoughts.

Background: Nathan joined the CoO back when he was 22, starting off in a squad with a strong sergeant who's name he never mentioned. His personality was largely due to the sergeant and the others in his squad, whom he also prefers not to talk about.
In an extremely short amount of time, Nathan had somehow made his way up to Lieutenant, with all the rest of his squad also doing amazingly well. In a space attack, he'd led his men onto an enemy ship. The battle was a reunion for he and the squad, with the former members, even the sergeant, being involved.
Not much is known after that point. Nathan went along for a while, and for some reason, requested after the war to be moved back down to sergeant. He wanted nothing more than to live the life of his former sergeant, his role model.

Ocupation: Sergeant in the CoO

Iron_Fang
Name: "Blackmane"

Appearance: Dark black hair, black sunglasses, black jump-suit.
Personality: A tough fighter with sharp senses. He's full of strategies. This is someone who you won't want to annoy.
Background: Blackmane's name came from his black hair, he's known many of the higher ups for a few years through his family, and has earned much respect with them. He is quite a good liar and is good with the ladies.

Warlockseer
Name:John Grustin

Appearance: A young looking white male with brown hair, hazel eyes, a green coat(his favorite coat) covering a brown shirt. He wears black street shoes and a pair of blue jeans.

Personality:A bit short tempered man who can go crazy at random times. He is very good when it comes to technology, and is an Architect.

Background: A man who worked with CoO as a new technology developer/tester .He is very handy when it comes to hacking into things and other technology.When the war ended, he changed jobs and became an architect. He is still working with CoO, but not as much.

EricSmarties
Name: Eric Diedrichs

Appearance: Short hair at the back and a bit longer at the front. Usually dresses in colorful shirts and jeans and people despise him for it.

Personality: Funny easy to get along with once you get to know him.

Background: German, people mistreat him because of it as Germany started the 4th world war even though it stopped 50 years ago. People stay distant and all he hopes for is someone who understands and trusts him.

Ocupation: Artist Painting and Photography. Documents the life of the earth and its struggle in photos now Private in the CoO.

Blank_Kold
Name: Vestis

Appearance: Caucasian male, slightly above average height, dark hair, dark eyes.

Personality: None, really. The onset of psycosis he faced in the early years of the war killed off all emotion, leaving a cold, calculated, and meticulous killer.

Backround: Living on a fringe world during the war was like living under bombardment for years, though analogy may be inappropriate, as the bombardments would go on for weeks at a time. Through the darkness and terrors of war, a boy died, the pale black flower of hate rising from his being. Everything that the boy was died and became none existent; it became the white night, the dark sun, it became Vestis.

To Satiate the bloodlust that had become him, Vestis took to freelance work, a murderer and thief for hire, often toppling the broken governments he held so much resent for. While working his way out of the fringe worlds, Vestis was hired by a rather odd client, the CoO. Now stuck in a squad, like some meathead idealist, Vestis waited.

Ojamamask
Name: Michael Boyd

Appearance: Brown, wavy hair which goes halfway down his neck. Wears checkered shirts and torn jeans. He's much more bulky and muscular than most 15 year olds and can easily pass for an adult.

Personality: Nice, friendly person and rarely looses his temper but when he does it's really hard for him to clam down.

Background: His father died in the war and his mother was captured by the Reds and was never seen since. He managed to escape to the countryside and was brought up by a couple living in cottage in the woods. He plans to someday find his mother.

Occupation: Chores for the couple e.g cleaning, wood collecting and growing crops

TheAquapunk
Name: Pendrite Sheddler

Appearance: Muscular, tall and wide. Ze has short brown hair, very pale skin with freckles and grey eyes. Ze also has heaving scarring on zer back and some on zer face. Ze walks with a heavy limp and has to use a cane. Ze often wears tailored shirts, black trousers and sensible shoes at work, and in casual wear often is seen with sunglasses, heavy leather jackets, tank tops and slacks with sandals.

Personality: Ze is calm and moral, but still struggles with PTSD after the war. Ze can seem very strict with zerself, but is kind to others. Ze likes to read; before the war ze was an avid sci-fi and war-tales reader, but now tends towards gentler fantasy fiction - and heavy historical texts.

Background: Brought up on one of the colonies, ze moved to Earth shortly after the war began, along with zer girlfriend. During the recruitment drive in the 4th year of the war, ze joined as a soldier and rose up the ranks over 7 years to become a Sergeant in the CoO. During this time zer girlfirend, Amie, died. Unfortunately during a battle ze was ambushed by Reds, shot through the left leg, and lost half zer squad. Ze was severely injured, but remained on in a logistical capacity, and started training in field medicine.
Ze was honorably discharged after the 'official' end of the war. Pendrite was unable to cope with civilian life, yet couldn't go back into battle. Ze compromised, trained as a medic and now works with the CoO, hoping to change it from the inside out. Ze has just been assigned a new squadron to work with, and insists on being treated like any other medic, often not telling people of the fact

Ocupation: Medic, working with the squad.
Last edited by Skunk_Giant on 30 Jun 2011, 14:37, edited 6 times in total.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Re: Clear Skies - Discussion Thread

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 09:56

Sorry, I just remembered, it's usually better if we start off together, as I can make sure that it starts off well. Can I ask that anyone submitting a character makes them people in the squad of my character? It makes it a lot easier to start. As the game goes on, your characters will be able to move about and leave, but to start off, we should stick together.
I know I already approved yours, Onecanofsprite, so you can keep him as a mechanic if you like.

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Onecanofsprite

Post by Onecanofsprite » 29 Jun 2011, 09:59

I edited mine, it's different now. So our occupation has to be a 'Squad member'?
"Shoutouts to the peaceful Skeleton community"

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 10:17

Preferably.
If you REALLY want to be someone else, perhaps you could make a character in the squad, and once we reach a point where other occupations would be fine, you can leave that character (make them an NPC, kill them off, something like that) and bring your other character in somehow.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 11:42

Alright, Iron, I needed to edit yours a bit to make it fit in the story and gameplay. I mainly just needed to get rid of the equipment, and I also changed it from working with the CoO for 3 years to knowing them through family and therefore being respected by them.
Hope that's alright.

Blackadder51
Retired

Post by Blackadder51 » 29 Jun 2011, 21:47

Skunk can misty get in on this? =D

I did a massive revamp of her character and can pm it to you tonight :)

The Building of The Imperial City
| The Blackadder Booze Fund

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
-Captain Edmund Blackadder.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 29 Jun 2011, 21:51

I suppose so... A stripper who joins the army... Interesting... XD

Blank_Kold

Post by Blank_Kold » 29 Jun 2011, 23:35

Skunk, I tried to fit it in, let me know if it's not specific enough though. Also, how many times did you edit the OP in the actual story thread?

Onecanofsprite

Post by Onecanofsprite » 30 Jun 2011, 06:39

Don't forget to update the one for my character.
"Shoutouts to the peaceful Skeleton community"

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 10:29

That's great. I'm gonna wait for everyone to say yes or no, and then we can begin.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:40

OK, so the majority of your characters should be new guys in the squad. For some of you, this is impossible without completely changing your character, so that's fine, start off somewhere else, but the majority of you should try to start in the squad.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 11:46

Changed to be the squad medic, if that's okay?
I just figured that being a supervisor might make the chara a bit too powerful :)
Last edited by TheAquapunk on 30 Jun 2011, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
The Horrorterrors made the world while God was sleeping.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:49

That's fine, just make sure you provide an explanation for going from a major to a newbie in the squad, or just change your background to take the Major bit out.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 11:49

I kinda started off is that alright? :P

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 11:55

Yup, brilliant. I've gotten my character to interact with your character, ending with the line, "Eric? Eric Diedrichs?".

So, to respond to that, copy and paste the same line, but put it in bold, to show you're responding to what someone else said.
Then respond or have a thought about it or something.

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 11:59

Changed Pendrite to having been a Sergeant.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:06

Updated the OP. :D

Now, get postin'! :D

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 12:28

Hmm... I just realised-future medicine etc, that mechanical/bionic limbs probably would be a common replacement for wounded legs. So Pendrite has a bionic leg, still limps, doesn't use a cane.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 12:39

Can i continue writing in first person?
And posts are going to be becoming very hectic and the timelines a bit mixed up when people go to sleep and things happen :\

TheAquapunk

Post by TheAquapunk » 30 Jun 2011, 12:41

EricSmarties wrote:Can i continue writing in first person?
And posts are going to be becoming very hectic and the timelines a bit mixed up when people go to sleep and things happen :\
1st person doesnt really phase me. And generally, due to the bolding response thing it's easy to keep track of who says what when.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:47

Yeah, I guess you can work with first person, but can everyone else try not to? It gets confusing when we have two first person authors.

Don't worry, it all works. Just write it like your posts are your own story. So, let's say there's an explosion in game while you're asleep. You come back to find all the characters typing about how they leaped away, firing at the crazy monsters.
What you do then, is you begin your post where you left off. So you might begin with how the squad were walking through the streets of Mars, or something, and then slowly build up to the explosion.

Another option, is just start at the explosion.

Remember, as long as you read all posts, it'll work.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 12:48

alright sounds good :)

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 12:53

We wont leave the space station until everyone has posted... Unless they take ages.

EricSmarties

Post by EricSmarties » 30 Jun 2011, 13:13

hey skunk you know your first sentence? was it spoken out loud?

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 13:42

Oh, the camera sentence? Yeah, my bad. I'll edit that.

warlockseer
Retired

Post by warlockseer » 30 Jun 2011, 14:00

I think i may change my character a little bit. I'll change that he worked with a lot technology when he was with CoO or something like that.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 14:11

Alright, just repost it here and I'll put it back in the OP.

warlockseer
Retired

Post by warlockseer » 30 Jun 2011, 14:19

Warlockseer
Name:John Grustin

Appearance: A young looking white male with brown hair, hazel eyes, a green coat(his favorite coat) covering a brown shirt. He wears black street shoes and a pair of blue jeans.

Personality:A bit short tempered man who can go crazy at random times. He is very good when it comes to technology, and is an Architect.

Background: A man who worked with CoO as a new technology developer/tester .He is very handy when it comes to hacking into things and other technology.When the war ended, he changed jobs and became an architect. He is still working with CoO, but not as much.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 14:36

Alright, adding to the OP now.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 30 Jun 2011, 16:21

Sorry, but can everyone write in past tense (unless you're doing first person). Third person and present tense don't really work well.