New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Make some characters!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Spots available!

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 00:21

Just waiting for Jake, and more characters would be great.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Make some characters!

Post by Jake55778 » 14 Jan 2012, 00:24

"The two men lifted Gunter up and carried him back to the village."

Just keep doing what you're doing.
The staff here are all trolls

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 00:26

Carried in past tense, sorry for any confusion. You're in the village now.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 01:45

Update #1630 days until ship arrives, and I will be happy if you guess the inspiration for most of the NPC names. (Williams and Gunter are the only NPCs with names not from that source).

"I do not wish to harm you, milord."
"Who are you?" Entreri enquired.
"It does not matter. My loyalties lie with you, not with gold," The Shadow responded.
"Why?"
"Even though you have abandoned the code of Honour, and I do not understand your decision, I would never turn against you."
Entreri put his sword to The Shadow's throat. "By the mercy of the spirits, who are you? Answer me and answer me now or I shall kill you."

Gunter was recovering in the village hall. After he had been brought back to the village, it was discovered that he had acquired a stab wound in his chest, presumably during the battle and not by the person who had poisoned him. Uthag stayed by his side all day.

Governor LaValle held a meeting in the village square, having Frederick translate for the pilgrims.
"People of my village; people of the distant lands, it is imperative that we prepare for war. His Honour Lord Entreri has departed to contact them."
He turned to the the pilgrims. "People of the distant lands, we may not share the same values, but I recognize the wrongs that have been committed against you. You may not worship the Spirits, but you are human beings and are in peril. You will be rewarded after His Honour Lord Entreri is restored to his rightful spot on the Throne."
Frederick translated LaValle's speech as best he could, pausing only to ask what "the Spirits" were.

After the meeting, Patrick Eder asked Governor LaValle if anything needed to be built. The Governor put Patrick and some other builders, native and pilgrim, to work on ensuring the wall surrounding the village was in perfect order.

Aiten Javenkis went to Hunter Brambleberry to ask if the young formerly-nobleman now-hunter knew of any cures to the strange paralysis Gunter was suffering from. Brambleberry showed Aiten a poison of berries, mosses and human blood and demonstrated it on a rat. He poured a small amount into the rat's mouth, then the two of them watched as it froze. Brambleberry lifted it up and dropped it to demonstrate its complete paralysis, then lifted it by the tail and dipped it into a fire. Within twenty seconds, the rodent was squealing and squirming, and Aiten noticed fluid coloured similarly to the poison, though more red, appearing on its skin and dripping into the fire, where it caused a small puff of flames.
"This 'Gunter' must be warmed up to expel the poison from his system. It will hurt, but," Brambleberry dropped the poison-covered rat and it scurried away, "it will cure him of his paralysis."

Aiten rushed back to Gunter, and instructed Uthag to heat some stones in a fire and bring them back to him. Half an hour later, and with some minor burns on his hands to show for it, Uthag returned with some extremely hot stones.
Aiten had Uthag fetch some cloths and wrap them around the stones, then the two of them carefully placed the wrapped stones around Gunter. Within minutes, he was beginning to sweat a reddish-green liquid, which Aiten and Uthag soaked up with some rags and wrung out over a fire.

Myles Luttrel continued training against a guard throughout the day. +1 Fighting Skill

Decisions
1: Other (This is the last of these boring decisions)
Last edited by 697134002 on 14 Jan 2012, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

rygy9

Post by rygy9 » 14 Jan 2012, 02:41

Name: Ulfric Stormcloak
Appearance: Tall, bulky built man with long dark blonde hair. Hide/fur coat, fabric pants, hide/fur boots. 6'1" and approximately 190 lb.
Biography: Ulfric Stormcloak is the Jarl of Windhelm, Skyrim, and is the leader of the Stormcloak Rebellion. The Rebellion is led against the Empire and the Thalmor, who appear to him to be oppresive and restricting. He assassinated the High King of Skyrim with the power of the Thu'um, or the Voice. He was nearly executed as a result of this, but managed to escape with the unintentional help of Alduin, the legendary dragon, or Dova, "leader". The last that Ulfric was seen was in Helgen, the site of his near execution.
Personality: Quick to anger, and not easily forgiving. Strong in politics, hard to give way, and tends to get what he wants with his seductive and powerful voice. He is a dangerous man, but is fair and rewarding to those who deserve it. He believes in free religion, but personally follows the god Talos, a common hero in Skyrim. The Empire and the Thalmor oppress the faith of Talos and do not allow it, which was the starting and breaking point of the war.
Weapon(s): Longsword, Thu'um

Stats:

Strength:8
Constitution:5
Agility:2
Stamina:4
Intelligence:10
Senses:10
Weapon Skill:4
Gathering Skill:1
Building Skill:2
Thu'um Skill: 10
People say practice makes perfect. They also say that nobody is perfect. So I say, why practice?

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 02:46

I'm still waiting for you to fix it, rygy.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Jan 2012, 08:04

Right, this is probably me repeating myself, but: Reveal my identity; go to the village; hope villagers trust me; escape if they do not.

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 12:11

Yes, but I don't know his exact occupation before he left Entreri.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Jan 2012, 14:26

He was one of his personal guards. He left after Enteri was dethroned for a year, since he could not very well go with the man, but despised Enteri's brother. He didn't return until the call for mercs went out.

EDIT: Name is Eldric.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 14 Jan 2012, 18:44

Since i've got nothing better to do i'll find some native books (history, folklore, stuff like that) and read them sitting on the grass letting time slip by 8-)
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Post by 697134002 » 14 Jan 2012, 19:01

I just drew a map. (Reversed N/S from previous) Red towns are Entreri's, Black towns are the Kingdom's and the ones with no filling other than terrain are neutral.
Spoiler! :
Mappe.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 01:12

Only waiting on Jake and Sag now.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 15 Jan 2012, 01:17

Bored. Going for a run, then maybe a swim if the beach is clear.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 06:39

Get patrick to continue building shizzle, and aiten will just laze around, seeing if anything interesting happens.

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 16:31

Update #17 29 days until ship arrives. Thou must make thine own additional characters.

The Shadow looked at Entreri. "I am Eldric, your former guard."
Entreri inspected the man closely, recognizing many features similar to his guard. "Welcome back, Eldric."
The two of them headed east, towards a currently neutral village. When they reached it, the townspeople swore allegiance to Entreri, and rose his flag over their town hall. (If you want, you can redesign your clothes to match your new identity)

In the town, Patrick Eder finished restoring the wall and went to work on some crossbow bolts. Aiten Javenkis took a nap. Myles Luttrel read some native books, and learned that the fools believed the world was 700 years old, created by strings, or noodles, or monsters, or something.
Uthag went for a run, and when he reached the beach he noticed some of the Kingdom's men at the camp, obviously meaning to conquer it. Determined to go for a swim, Uthag went about a kilometre north to ensure they would not spot him. He accidentally stepped on a jellyfish and his foot hurt for the entire run back, though it was fine once he lay down for a minute. +1 Stamina

When Entreri and Eldric returned to the village, Governor LaValle rushed over to see who this newcomer was. Eldric lifted up his hood, revealing his face, and told the governor that he had once been Entreri's personal guard.

An hour later, after Eldric apologized to Gunter, earned a black eye and apologized to Myles, a spy from Castle Petricus came running towards the village, shouting.
"They're coming! They're coming! They're coming! They-" and he stopped, falling to the ground, several arrows in his back.
The villagers quickly prepared for battle, archers and crossbowmen taking to the walls while melee soldiers prepared by the northern gates.
A messenger walked from the Kingdom's army to the village. "We will give you one chance to surrender. Should you refuse, you will be killed. None shall be spared!" The messenger continued his walk towards the village. On the wall, Frederick, who was planning to jump down once the soldiers began charging out, shot the messenger, causing the army to charge.
Charging soldiers fell to the ground, either to crossbow bolt or arrow, and any who survived the shot itself were trampled to death. Many attackers died, but hundreds still made it to the gates, including some who were carrying portable rams. The gate was fallen before the defenders behind it realized the army had gotten that far.

When the gate fell, spear, pike and halberd-weilding soldiers charged towards the invaders, killing up to two per hit. When fighters began to get past the spears, the soldiers retreated further back, allowing some more heavily armoured soldiers to fight.
Many attackers died, with the defenders suffering few casualties. Then, out of nowhere, balls of flaming pitch came raining down on the wall. Several ranged defenders fell down with the wall and were slaughtered by the attackers.
Some defenders rushed to the broken parts of the wall, seeking to prevent the enemy from entering. A second shot from a distant trebuchet killed most of those defenders.

As the defenders grew weary, many considered fleeing. Many did do such a thing, running towards the allied village east of their current position. On their way there, they met the army of that village. Some deserters joined up with the reinforcements while others ran past them.
When the army reached the battle, they hit hard at the side of the aggressors. Only a few dozen strong, and fighting an army of at least five hundred conscripts, they were surely outnumbered.

Half an hour later, 90% of the attacking army was dead and only 60% of the defenders remained. Most of the dead defenders were older peasants, not in their prime and not trained in the art of combat. Few pilgrims died, simply because most could handle a weapon well. The remaining attackers fled, now outnumbered by the previously smaller villagers.

Uthag -30 HP
Myles Luttrel -10 HP
Aiten Javenkis -5 HP

Decisions
1: Rebuild
2: Head with Entreri and Frederick in a brazen attack on Castle Petricus
3: Defect to the Kingdom
4: Rest/Recover
5 - You can do this and one of the first four options as well!: Make a new character
Last edited by 697134002 on 15 Jan 2012, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Jan 2012, 16:40

I'll head with Entreri, but I also wish to advise him not to do this for his own safety. I doubt he will listen. I'll go with him, though.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 16:42

Can i have 3 characters? >.>

Ill start making one now. :3
And ill get both patrick and aiten to build, hopefully patrick can teach aiten a few tricks, even through the language barrier.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play, but cant be arsed to make a character profile, ill gladly do it, just message me on this forum their personality and ill draft up some other stuff, and message it back to you.

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 16:47

Yes, you can make three characters.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 16:49

Ill get right to it. :D

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:15

Here you go :D

Name: Imena Shadowraith
Appearance: Female, slim and agile, small hands and around 5 foot 1. Pale skin, with delicate facial features. Don’t let her looks decept you though, as under the leather armour she wears is a tense, incredibly strong body which rivals that of most men. This feat is due to massive amounts of training and personal dedication to fitness. For reference, she wears leather armour, along with leather boots, very good for running, and leather bound gloves, to protect her from cuts and grazes she would accumulate climbing rock faces.

Biography: Imena was raised in a very standard manner. Always had food on her table, never really wanted for much, but never needed anything fancy either. Her practical dress sense came from her father, who was one of the many soldiers who had much respect from the fellow village people. She decided to train as hard as she could after her village was ransacked by pillagers, initially she just trained to find, and kill these pillagers, but after a year, she realised quite sensibly revenge was not an option. Now she moves on, village to village, trying to settle, but never managing to. This has made her quite a survivor, and incredibly resourceful. She is also incredibly agile, living up to her shadow bestowed name.

Personality: Patient, never gets angry with anyone, first to calm a fight, she will do whatever it takes to keep the peace. Although this seems like a pacifist, she is a deadly warrior, a master with both the blades she carries, and the bow on her back.

Weapon(s):Shortbow on her back, along with two short blades strapped to her in a way that doesn’t reduce mobility in any way.

Stats -

Strength: 10
Constitution: 5
Agility: 10
Stamina: 7
Intelligence: 7
Senses: 6
Weapon Skill: 9
Gathering Skill: 5
Building Skill: 5
Last edited by sag185 on 15 Jan 2012, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:20

And her decision? She's an inhabitant of the village that was just attacked. EDIT: And I forgot to add additional stat points when I reintroduced building.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:22

Oh alright, ill see if i can help make weapons for any new soldiers, that sorta fits in with building right? :3

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:23

See my edit and add additional stat points to her so she is more balanced compared to other characters.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:26

Alright.

EDIT: Done, and dusted.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:30

Rest & recover. Uthag always seems to get the most hurt in battles. Maybe he should find someone to train him in weapons skills...

Post by 697134002 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:32

Uthag gets hurt because he has little armour and is large. It's mostly due to his weapon skill, though.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 15 Jan 2012, 18:03

They'll both help attack the castle, which i would point out will turn a good amount of the less supportive and the neutral to our side with us showing that a small group of insurgents can capture a castle, oh what fun we will have :D
Spoiler! :
Name:Hanako Arouet

Appearance: A tall female with long black hair, grey coloured eyes, her face and arms have light burns due to an accident when she was younger. She wears normal shoes, trousers, a shortened dress with light protection on the arms along with some rudiementary eye protection.

Biography: Daughter of a local farmer she grew up away from most of the world she spent her time exploring the local wilderness, gaining a foundness for the world around her she created a collection of interesting plants, seeing this her family bought her a small book of what she could do with them. By twelfth birthday she was skilled at making various concoctions but after getting fancy with the ingredients it blew up in her face scaring it along with half of her right arm, this ended her in the bed of the local doctor who immediatly saw her skills and took her under his wing teaching what he knew with her lust for knowledge taking in the other half, when he died a few years later she took his position.

Personality:Shy and reserved to many who she barely knows keeping them at arms length, but to those who know her well enough to be let past the first level will find a confident, smart and slightly insane woman who is willing to try new things & ideas, even the strange ones... especially the strange ones.

Weapon(s):(Only as much as they can carry unless they use a ranged weapon, in which case they also get a dagger)

Stats -
Strength:7
Constitution:7
Agility:8
Stamina:7
Intelligence:10
Senses:9
Weapon Skill:4
Gathering Skill:8
Building Skill:3

She's kind of a Oda era (slighty-)mad alchemist :lol:
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Post by 697134002 » 16 Jan 2012, 01:46

Update #18 25 days until ship arrives.

After the battle, those builders who were not wounded or killed began rebuilding. Most of the damage had been to the walls, though several houses were beyond repair.

Uthag rested and recovered and dreamed of sheep until reaching 32767, at which point they all jumped back over the fence and he was at -32768.

Those who were in a fit state to leave for battle spent the next two days readying, and departed on the third. Eldric urged Entreri to wait until their forces were stronger, but Entreri knew that it would take less time for the Kingdom to muster more troops than it would take for him. Myles, surprising many, volunteered to go with Entreri. Hanako Arouet, a villager, also volunteered to go. (I'm assuming she uses purely poisons/combustive potions and a mandatory dagger)
When they marched, they numbered 160 total. Gunter, Governor LaValle and Hunter Brambleberry were also marching with them.

When the castle came into sight, Entreri divided them into two groups. The first would hold off the army from exiting the barracks while the second would take the palace.
Group 1:
Spoiler! :
Gunter and 139 villagers/pilgrims
Group 2:
Spoiler! :
Entreri, Frederick, Eldric, Myles, Hanako, LaValle and Brambleberry
The two groups separated. Group 1 would enter through some "secret" tunnels that lead to a sewer near the barracks while group 2 would enter through some different tunnels, leading to the kitchens of the palace.

The soldiers in the barracks had no idea what hit them. Most awoke to find their sleeping quarters alight, while others were awoken by the screams of those trapped by fires. As tired soldiers made their way out, they were cut down by the attackers - unless, of course, they were unarmed and had their hands on theirs heads, in which case they were sent to a corner surrounded by attackers.

Helga was just a simple chef. She had served meals to Entreri's father, and then Entreri, then his brother, then Entreri again, and most recently to Artisan Kensidan. She had survived all of the violent changes because she was politically apathetic. All she did was cook. All she knew was cooking.
So, logically, when Entreri entered through a grate in the kitchen and covered her mouth to stop her from screaming, she agreed to hide in a cupboard and stay silent as the 20 soldiers made their way through the palace.

In the barracks, a battle was now raging. 200 soldiers against 140 aggressors, with about 120 soldiers held captive.
Gunter swung his axe sideways, chopping two foes in half, before ducking low and thrusting his axe like a spear, knocking down an enemy soldier. A pilgrim rushed forward, plunging his sword into the vulnerable soldier's neck, and rushed back.

In the palace, some guards were quickly bypassed because of by a grenade which emitted nitrous oxide thrown by Hanako. The soldiers walked up to and cleanly killed the giggling guards, lowering them gently to the floor.
The soldiers had reached the doors to the throne room before they met any real trouble. Guards seemed to pour out of the walls, exiting from cleverly hidden closets and surrounding the aggressors.
"Surrender and your deaths will be quick," a guard cried.
"I would rather die." Entreri hissed.
"So be it."
The guards charged, pushing the attackers against the locked throne room doors. A couple of villagers fell, then a pilgrim. As did quite a few guards.

In the barracks, the pilgrims and villagers now had another problem. Townsfolk, of the few loyal to Lord Bruenor instead of Entreri, closed the attackers in. There were about 150 people defending the city now, and 56 attacking it, including defectors.
But not only those loyal to Lord Bruenor had come out to fight. Townsfolk who remembered what Entreri had done for them, townsfolk who believed in Entreri's cause, rushed out to join in the battle.
The supporters of Entreri now held the advantage of numbers, and the townsfolk who supported Bruenor were quickly killed. But there were still quite a few soldiers still fighting inside the barracks.
Gunter looked around. He noticed a tunnel inside the remains of a burnt-out barracks residence. With torchlight flickering within. The large man remembered Entreri telling him that he should expect about 600 soldiers defending the city, mostly pulled from the less Entreri-sympathetic castles. They had only seen around 200 so far. Gunter suspected that the missing 400 soldiers were in the tunnel, and made a decision. He swung his axe across his front, then pushed through the momentary gap, making his way to the tunnel. A soldier managed to graze his arm with a sword.
As he got closer, Gunter could hear chanting from within the tunnel.
"Death to Entreri; Kensidan will lead us to Glory!"
Gunter recalled Entreri mentioning his nephew Kensidan, and that he was more akin to Entreri's brother than himself. Gunter charged forward, knocking down some wooden supports which held up the tunnel with his axe. As he ran, the tunnel fell behind him. When the soldiers in the tunnel raised their shield stop him, he jumped on them, continuing to smash the supports. When the wall of shields ended, near the end of the line of soldiers, Gunter leaped forward, over the blades. One soldier managed to hit him in the chest with a crossbow, but he ignored the pain.
His axe collided with the post. Screams of soldiers covered with dirt could be heard, but they were faint. His world slowly going dark, Gunter felt the dirt begin to fall on him. Feeling a surge of adrenaline, the man crawled forwards. More dirt fell on Gunter. When he passed a post, he breathed a sigh of relief, then blacked out.
The tunnel went quiet.

In the barracks, the last of the soldiers was killed. The few surviving pilgrims, villagers and defective soldiers cried for the dead. One defector, who had happened to notice Gunter charge into the tunnel, enquired of his name a pilgrim.
"Gunter," the pilgrim replied. "Were it not for him, Entreri would likely have died several days ago - at the hands of his own mercenaries."
The defector saw the pilgrim tear up when he said the man's name. "I know where that tunnel leads. Perhaps he is on the other side?"
The pilgrim looked at the defector. "Take me there."

When the defector and the pilgrim reached the end of the tunnel, they went inside. About two minutes in, they stumbled upon Gunter. A crossbow quarrel that surely would have pierced his heart instead just barely made it into the skin, no doubt due to the man's furs. They lifted the unconscious man and carried him out, making their way towards a doctor who the defector assured the pilgrim was pro-Entreri.

In the castle, Hanako was near the door, with several people around her, each attacking one or more guards. She took a small combustive potion and poured it into the lock, then made some sparks with some flint and steel.
The lock exploded, with shrapnel flying in, rather than out towards Hanako, due to the shape of the lock. Instead, she only received very mild burns.
When the door burst, the attackers, seeming as one, flowed in through them. Sitting on the throne, a very ornate crossbow on his lap, was Kensidan. The dark man raised his arm and the guards stepped back from the attackers.
"Hello, Uncle."
"Hello, my bastard nephew."
"Now, now," Kensidan tutted, "in spite of the circumstances of my birth, I am still next in line for the throne after you."
Entreri stared at his evil nephew, truly wondering if the man was even of the same species as he. Meanwhile, Brambleberry gripped his sword more tightly.
"Should you surrender, all I need is for you to formally give up your right to the throne. I will then allow you to simply wander into exile, albeit far from here."
"As I said earlier, to one of the corpses on the floor, I would rather die."
"I am truly sorry, uncle." Kensidan smirked when he spoke, clearly intending for everyone to see the lie.
Kensidan aimed his crossbow at Entreri and pulled the trigger. But nothing came out. Seizing the opportunity, Brambleberry ran towards the evil man, embedding his sword in the man's heart just as crossbow bolts did such to him.
"Brambleberry! No!" Entreri lamented, before jumping into action, stabbing one guard and then another with quickness of a snake.
Frederick did almost the exact same thing, but appearing more to have the grace of a dancer than the quickness of a snake.
Myles smashed a guard backwards with his shield, but his arm was too shaky immediately afterwards to effectively block the stab of another guard. He fell backwards, disoriented.
Seeing Myles fall, LaValle threw a spear out of his atlatl, impaling a guard who was walking over to finish the job.

When the last of the guards was killed, Entreri walked to the throne, gently picking up Brambleberry and placing him on the floor in a resting position, eyes closed. He then grabbed his dead cousin and threw him to the floor. When he sat down on the throne, he proclaimed: "I am the Lord of Castle Petricus, Lord Entreri the Humble. I shall put the needs of the people before the wants of the politicians."

Frederick +1 Weapon Skill
Eldric +1 Weapon Skill
Imena +1 Building Skill
Hanako +1 "Weapon" Skill

Decisions
1: Head back to the pilgrims' camp and take it over, then rebuild in preparation for the arrival of the next ship.
2: Become a resident of either LaValle's village or Castle Petricus, then other
3: Become a rogue, then other
4: Defect to Lord Bruenor, then other
5: Other
Last edited by 697134002 on 16 Jan 2012, 19:31, edited 2 times in total.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 16 Jan 2012, 11:16

Well, that happened and for hanako using varied explosives, poison, etc. i'm good with that but when she can't use them she'll have a sword.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 16 Jan 2012, 12:56

Damn thats some good writing. you should make a book :3
Im loving it so far. CMON GUYS. we need some more characters! :D <3