New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Make some characters!

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
arogon343

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) No spots at this moment

Post by arogon343 » 02 Jan 2012, 16:15

Ima continue building, But head out if sag does.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.
if at first you dont succeed, 5 blackadders of tnt usualy helps....

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 02 Jan 2012, 16:16

2:Rescue Gunter
If asked afterwards Uthag would probably say something about honour and glory. The real reason for his heroism probably has more to do with the fact that Gunter promised to buy him an ale. (On the condition he be allowed to "win" their next arm wrestle in front some girls that is.)
The staff here are all trolls

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 02 Jan 2012, 16:43

I'll stop building, grab my gear and go after him and use by skill at foreign languages to see if i can understand what these natives are saying
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) One Spot Available!

Post by 697134002 » 02 Jan 2012, 18:50

Update #4

Frederick went towards Captain Williams, saving him from being overwhelmed with foes. As he was about to run a native through, Frederick's blade was stopped by someone he hadn't even seen in the field. As he turned to face the man, he received a nick on his arm.
The two men locked eyes when their blades met, and then erupted into action. Frederick sent both his blades down low, forcing the other man to lower both of his. Frederick deftly flicked his blades above his opponents', bringing his foot forward as he did. When the man started pulling his weapons out of the trap, Frederick kicked him in the face.
As the native fell back, dazed, Frederick leaped forwards, his weapons like fangs. But then the native did something Frederick had never seen anyone do. Rather than try to get out of the way, the man angled his blades towards Frederick. If Frederick didn't try to parry or get out of the way, both of them would die.
There was a ring of steel on steel, and Frederick was on the ground, stunned by his foe's intelligence. The native walked over to Frederick, preparing for the death blow. There was nothing Frederick could do to stop it.
The native then flew over Frederick, revealing Myles Luttrel in full battle attire, including his shield and now-numb arm. Myles helped Frederick up and then, along with Patrick and Frederick Joseph, everyone in the now corpse-littered field rushed over to help Uthag.

In the past few minutes, Uthag had accomplished a lot. When he rushed to save his friend, he was grazed by a spear, slowing him down. Then natives proceeded to encircle him and another native, meaning to have the two duel it out.
Uthag locked eyes with his most pressing foe. The man was tall - nearly as tall as Uthag - and wore light armour. He had a battle-axe in his hands and smiled at Uthag.
The man rushed forward, swinging his battle-axe over his head as he did so. But Uthag was agile and leaped low towards the man's feet, tripping him. The native ducked into a roll and again faced Uthag. This time, Uthag was the one attacking. He ran towards his foe, leading with his knife. As the man swung his battle-axe sideways, Uthag stabbed him in the stomach, easily outpacing the axe.
Uthag grabbed the ailing man by his feet and swung him around himself as the natives tightened the circle. One got nailed by the battle-axe as it flew from the man's hands, and another was knocked to the side as two heads collided.
As he gained momentum, Uthag loosened his grip on the poor man, widening the radius of his constant swing. Finally, he let go of the man, taking out two other men while doing so.
As the three remaining natives closed in on Uthag, the large man saw a gap in their triangle and ran to the forest. The natives followed him, joined by a fourth who had just recovered.
Uthag grabbed a young pine tree and pulled it out of the ground in a feat of amazing strength, then threw it horizontally at his foes, trapping them on the ground.
It was at this time that Uthag saw a native fleeing the battlefield. Rather than run after the man, though, he turned his attention to the four men covered by the tree. He equipped his knife and put them out of their misery.

The three pilgrims who had just joined the fight were greeted by a smaller wave of soldiers entering the clearing. I honestly can't write any more fight scenes right now, sorry.
They fought them off as Frederick, Uthag and Captain Williams recovered.

697134002 +1 Stamina, -25 Health, 55 Health

Sag +1 Weapon Skill, -10 Health, 100 Health

Jake, -30 Health, 120 Health

Andy +1 Strength, -10 Health, 110 Health

Arogon +1 Senses, -10 Health, 140 Health

Decisions - It is near dusk, so you cannot do more than one before you have to head back.
1: Head out to find the natives' camp
2: Loot the bodies
3: Head back to camp and rest (You will recover)
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Loot the bodies.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 02 Jan 2012, 19:13

Loot the bodies.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 02 Jan 2012, 19:47

Loot the bodies.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 03 Jan 2012, 01:36

Im going to loot the bodies, But if i can get someone with me id like to go take a peek at the enemy position if i can :3
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jan 2012, 01:10

Update #5

697134002, 60 health
-Found 2 throwing daggers

Sag, 105 health
-Found 1 hatchet (Get more done while building if you can save time chopping down logs)

Jake, 125 health
-Found large mace

Andy, 115 health
-Found 4 letters written in natives' language
-Found whetstone

Arogon, 145 health
-Found sword

After looting the bodies, the pilgrims went back to their base and slept in their tents. It is now morning.

Decisions

1: Explore
2: Head back to battlefield and search for natives' camp
3: Build
4: Forage/fish from known food sources
5(Andy only): Attempt to decode language
6: Rest and recover
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 04 Jan 2012, 01:46

Rest and recover

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 04 Jan 2012, 01:48

If no one will go with me to look for the camp, Ill head back and rest.
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jan 2012, 01:59

Red signifies berries/hunting areas and light blue in the ocean signifies fish. Colour-coded text in the first post indicates food levels and settlement details.
Map for RPG.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 04 Jan 2012, 15:39

Ill carry on building, we need someone to hunt for food and berries and stuff i think.
Stockpiling stuff wont hurt, would help if i could build a darn warehouse though >.<

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 04 Jan 2012, 16:44

I'll start decoding the natives language

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:14

Update #5

697134002, 75 health
Frederick König applied some bandages to himself and went to sleep. +1 Constitution

Sag, 105 health
Patrick Eder built a small building and dug a deep basement to store food in. +1 Building Skill

Jake, 140 health
Uthag put on some bandages and slept like a massive kitty on steroids. +1 Weapon Skill

Andy, 115 health
Myles Luttrel managed to decipher one of the letters and practice some fighting when deciphering the strange language became too stressful. +1 Weapon Skill
Spoiler! :
His Honour Lord Entreri of Castle Petricus, some strangers have been sighted by the beach. His Most Honourable Lord Akar of Castle Farren requests that you yourself go to investigate with a force of twenty samurai. They have been sending their own out to explore the area, and we are as of yet unsure as to their intentions towards us. To be safe, you must kill them on sight.
Arogon, 145 health
Frederick Joseph put on some bandages and slept. +1 Stamina

At nightfall, Myles brought the deciphered letter to Captain Williams, and there was an emergency meeting on the ship.
"My friends, I bring you terrible news. The primitives of this island have made it their mission to destroy us. We must defeat them before they discover too much about us. All of our builders must strengthen the wall, and our soldiers must find them and destroy them."
The pilgrims went to sleep promptly, expecting tomorrow to be hectic.

Meanwhile, Castle Petricus was recovering from the loss of twenty samurai. Only Lord Entreri had escaped, and he brought word of powerful foes.
Lord Entreri spent the next two days training against his most powerful soldiers. Never before had he met a warrior who could match his skill with a blade, and he did not want to fall victim to the strange foreigner. Lord Akar visited Entreri, pressing him for details before dispatching twenty of his own samurai to investigate the battlefield.
Entreri sent word across the kingdoms, calling for the greatest warriors, promising riches and glory if they could defeat these foreigners.
About their culture:
Spoiler! :
There were two or three castles in a Kingdom, with one managing foreign affairs, one managing the economy and one managing the military arm. War in their world was unlike war in the pilgrims' world. Rather than have hundreds of soldiers fight each other, mere dozens of soldiers fought in a single battle, and there were rarely any casualties. The people swore loyalty to their castle, and the lords followed a strict code of honour. However, all those not affiliated with a castle were shunned. Entering foreign territory was punishable by incarceration - building in it was a death sentence.
Samurai, aside from their duties as warriors, were often politicians and from noble families. Commoners rarely saw combat aside from clashes with barbarians to the south, which the Samurai were often unable to reach before entire villages were destroyed. Eventually, the lords were pressured into creating armies of commoners and station them by the southern borders of their kingdoms. While idolized by the people they protected, the soldiers in these armies were given no respect in the political world.

Decisions

1: Build Necessity if your highest of the three skills is building
2: Head out to find the natives Necessity if your highest of the three skills is fighting
3: Gather food from known sources
Last edited by 697134002 on 04 Jan 2012, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

arogon343

Post by arogon343 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:28

Ima build me some stuff!
CEO of D.I.A.S Corp.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:30

Ill reinforce the walls, if we need another guard tower then build one, and make sure the guard towers are stockpiled with arrows and bows. Also, if at all possible use my wealth i brought to the pilgrimage to hire mercenaries back home to help defend us.

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:35

You're a continent away and only have one ship. So, no.

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:35

Cock. I wasnt aware of the distance we had actually travelled is all. :P

Its cool, its cool. We all need to get learning how to fight!

Also, I noticed you didnt increase my building skill in the original post.
Are you updating those i assume, or have you just got a list? :)
Thanks.

andy25100
Retired

Re: New Lands (Ooh, an RPG) Spots Available!

Post by andy25100 » 04 Jan 2012, 18:53

Better get bob the builder on this situation because it's time to show these angry natives how to build a fort, also what are the colonist's numbers, as well as how many of these can be put into a militia to defend with us?

Post by 697134002 » 04 Jan 2012, 19:09

50 pilgrims, 35 in fighting ability with moderate skill. 7 exceptional fighters.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 05 Jan 2012, 15:17

Head out to fight

Post by 697134002 » 05 Jan 2012, 16:18

Update #6

The fighters set out to investigate the battlefield. There were thirty people in total, including Frederick König, Uthag, Captain Williams and Gunter.
When they reached the clearing, they found no bodies - even the bloodstains were gone. The only thing there was a note written in the natives' tongue. Captain Williams walked up to it, ripped it off of the tree it was nailed to, and headed back towards the camp. The rest of the group followed suit.

Back at the camp, everyone was in a frenzy. In two hours they had completely finished the walls and guard towers, even adding a moat around the outside. When the fighters returned with the new letter, Myles Luttrel was taken from building duty and began translating it immediately.

The fighters began helping with the construction, and noon the walls had been outfitted with stones on the exterior.

The first sign of trouble came at 2 pm. Someone who had gone out to gather some berries had not returned, even though they said they would be back right away. Minutes later, there was a bloodcurdling scream from the forest. Everyone rushed up the wall or into the guard towers as twenty soldiers marched out of the forest.

Decisions!
1: Shoot them from the wall
2: Run out and fight before they reach the gates
3: Flee (This will completely disassociate you from the pilgrims and you will be on your own in the wilderness)

Also, I will allow you to make a second character now! Follow the new instructions in the first post.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 05 Jan 2012, 16:50

I'll charge out if at least three of us do it, if not i'll shoot them from the wall.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 05 Jan 2012, 16:57

Shoot from the walls. It's situations like this that walls were designed for!

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 05 Jan 2012, 17:16

I guess cause i cant really fight swords with hammers ill shoot from the walls
Guess i best also write a new character profile then ;D

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 05 Jan 2012, 17:38

Name: Aiten Javenkis

Appearance: Medium brown skin. Wears only a cotton woven robe with intricate, almost aztec looking zig zagging lines woven into it. Has black, medium length hair which he wears in tight braids that cling to his head. His eyes are a deep green colour, with a depth paralleling an ocean, and the colour to match. Has medium sized lips, and a constant scowl on his face.

Biography: Aiten grew up without parents, raised by an old couple who wanted nothing to do with him, he is angry and belligerent. As he grew older, he began to resent his parents, for abandoning him and making him face the world as he saw it, alone. After scraping enough money together doing whatever jobs he could find Aiten bought a ramshackle mud hut with only two rooms, a bedroom and a pit in the other as a toilet. Hating life, Aiten is an angry, soulless person who would do anything to make money. He became a mercenary to kill as many people as he could and raise some cash and get rid of his stress, which could lead him to outbursts at any time.

Personality: Angry, belligerent, extremely intelligent, cold and calculating and ruthless.

Weapon(s):Bow and arrows, 2 small daggers sheathed on either side.

Stats

Strength: 7
Constitution: 9
Agility: 5
Stamina: 4
Intelligence: 9
Senses: 7
Weapon Skill: 10
Gathering Skill: 4

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 05 Jan 2012, 18:06

I'll write one tomorrow :D

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 05 Jan 2012, 20:46

Name: No know name; commonly referred to as "The Shadow." Those who dislike him call him "The Snake." His actual name, which nobody knows but himself, is Eldric.

Appearance: Little of this man is ever seen, aside from his lips and chin. His skin is a light tan; his fingers are covered by gloves, except at the tips, where smooth, white skin can be seen.
His clothing is an intricate black cloak with a hood at the top. He has dim red and purple patterns on his gloves and arm guard.

Bio: Very little was known about this man until some of his battle party decided to sneak a peak into the bag he always carried with him. Apart from the obvious archers' tools, they found a small letter to a man unknown to them. While the letter made it to Lord Entreri, the battle party did not. Officially, they died of poison contracted from a snake found everywhere on the coast of the continent. The bodies had fang markings, supporting this cause. It was found out later that the bodies had fatal stab wounds in their backs, stitched in such a way that they were almost invisible to the naked eye. The letter was destroyed after being found burnt under the Lord's nose while he slept. The only thing gathered from the smoldering ashes was his title: Duke.

Personality: Calculating and cold; does not do anything without a logical reason; rarely speaks.

Weaponry: A bow and a full dozen arrows, 6 of which are tipped with snake venom. Carries a small dagger in his cloak. He also carries a vat of poison made from materials gathered on the continent's coast. The poison does not kill; it simply makes it impossible to move a single muscle in your body.

Statistics:

Strength: 5
Constitution: 4
Agility: 8
Stamina: 6
Intelligence: 9
Senses: 8
Weapon Skill: 8
Gathering Skill: 7
Last edited by Spyboticsguy on 05 Jan 2012, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 697134002 » 05 Jan 2012, 20:56

Just one thing: It's a continent, not an island. There are five kingdoms on it, which continents usually don't have. I'll move some information about it from an update to the original post.
Last edited by 697134002 on 05 Jan 2012, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.