Twisted Dimensions – The MechWarrior’s(an RPG! 3 open slots)

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Jakeman214

Twisted Dimensions – The MechWarrior’s(an RPG! 3 open slots)

Post by Jakeman214 » 12 Jan 2012, 06:42

Twisted Dimensions – The MechWarrior’s

The date is the 12th of January, 2012. The end of the world is upon us, or so the crazier amongst us are saying. Little did we believe that they would be right. Dimensional portals have been opening across the planet, spewing out things from our imaginations, videogames, stories, movies, anything we could dream of. Mechs, Walkers from all forms of fiction have arrived on our planet, and they all seem set to tear the world to pieces as they fight for death, honour and control of the lands.

Welcome to a Role Playing Game set in today’s world, with the Mechs of Tomorrow! I am Jakeman214, and I shall be your Game Master for the duration of this wonderful RPG. The rules are simple. Up to six Players (That’s you!) will each choose a Mech/Walker/etc from their favourite Sci-Fi setting and become it’s pilot. This rag-tag group of pilots and Mechs shall be thrown out of a portal together and they shall then play the game as best they can, to any goal they so wish to achieve, be it world domination or the destruction of all who seek to disrupt the peace on Earth. In the beginning you will all be on the same team and I will be playing the bad guys/NPCs and such. Essentially, I’ll be throwing the problems at you, and if this all works out we *may* move to a PvP setting with different teams.
Saying that, here are the rules!

1. To join you will have to PM me the information on your pilot and their Mech.
2. Wait for my confirmation that you are in the game. Remember, I am the GM, therefore I am GOD in this game. Make it fun for all, and I’ll make sure to make it fun for you!
3. You have control of your Pilot/Mech only, other Players post what their Pilot/Mech does. I post/control what the NPC’s do. When posting, please play In Character, use spoilerboxes for Out Of Character talk. OOC for short.
4. For your Mech: Your First Mech must not have any more than 2 weapons, and must be a generic and weak Mech. Give it some time to build up to Stupid powerful levels. Also, ANY setting with Mechs is considered fair game. This includes but is not limited to: Battletech (MechWarrior stuff), Warhammer 40k Walkers and Dreadnoughts, Gundams, Zoids, Knightmare Frames (Code Geass), etc. You get the picture.
5. Have fun!

Pilot and Mech Data Sheet
Pilot Name:
Pilot Looks:
Pilot Background:
Pilot Errata: (other random/relevant info goes here)

Mech: (Name and Variant please)
Mech Appearance: (A pic of your Mech goes here)
Mech Stats: (Armour and Weaponry goes here)
Mech Errata: (other random/relevant info goes here)

Sound easy eh? Well it is! Let’s get some players and Mechs, and get to stomping stuff flat and making things explode! 3 Slots still open for those who want to join, I'll write you in as you are approved.

Pilot's and Mech's
Jakeman214
Spoiler! :
Pilot Name: Jake
Pilot Looks: 6 feet tall, your average white guy. Ice Blue eyes, black hair cut short.
Pilot Background: A mercenary from no-one knows where, not much is known about this enigmatic man...

Mech: Cougar BattleMech
Mech Appearance:
456249-cougar.jpg
Mech Stats: A 35-ton Light mech suited for scouting, it has 5 and a half tons of armour and mounts a pair of Long Range Missile-10s in the main body, along with an Large Pulse Laser mounted in each arm.
Iron_Fang
Spoiler! :
Pilot Name: Iron Fang
Pilot Looks: A Space Wolves grey jumpsuit and a black wolf helmet, male, blue eyes, brown 8-)
Pilot Background: Quickly rose through the ranks of the Great Company after winning many fights and wars!
Pilot Errata: Wolf Lord of the Adeptus Astartes Chapter the Space Wolves

Mech: Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Mech Appearance: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bjor ... ell-Handed
Mech Stats: Basic Dreadnought Armour (so it can level up to EPIC DREADNOUGHT ARMOUR OF TOTAL EPICNESS OF BJORN) and i guess 2 dreadnought close combat arms with storm bolters attached i guess :D
Mech Errata: Bjorn the Fell-Handed is a Venerable Dreadnought and former Chapter Master of the Space Wolves Space Marine Chapter and also the oldest living Space Marine in the Imperium of Man. He fought in both the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy 10,000 Terran years before the present time. He is also BIG!
andy25100
Spoiler! :
Pilot Name: Ghost
Pilot Looks: Male, Black hair and basic Flak Armour
Pilot Background: Member of an engineering unit infamous for high success rates but equally high attrition rates
Pilot Errata: Sergeant in the UNSC Corps Engineers

Mech: HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I
Mech Appearance: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... totype.png
Mech Stats: Titanium alloy Plating with Nanocomposite titanium fibers with a T261 Lucifer Gatling Gun & LAU-1810/SGM-151 Missile Laucher
Mech Errata: A Prototype Mech scapped for the more feasable MJOLNIR armour, during the battle of Algolis all of the project data and Mech were destroyed but in the process all attacking enemy forces were elliminated.
Sti_Jo_Lew
Spoiler! :
Ok, here's my character/ mech setup.
PILOT: Sti
Background: Joined the sport of Rumbling for fun and to make a bit of money. Is fairly new, but has spent enough time to learn the basics and purchase a few upgrades. (If I went with the basic Scoobee, I would seriously underpowered.)

MECH:
PhantomCrash_Holy.jpg
Italian made, Ventuno HOLY
HL Body (Basic HOLY type body, no upgrades)
HL2Roller (Basically 2 legs, with wheels in the heel that can be used to give speeds of up to 60 K/h)
Jet Black Color
Shoulders: 1x G24 Slingshot grenade launcher (Low blast radius, but high damage on direct impact)
Arms: 2x No. 30 SV Gun (Basic machine gun)
Other Upgrades: OCGVB (Optic Camoflauge, gives near-invisibilty in short bursts. Long time to recharge before another burst)

Now, the thing with mechs from Phantom Crash is that they aren't that big. They are around the size of a modern tank. However, they excel at speed and stealth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jakeman214 on 17 Jan 2012, 03:17, edited 2 times in total.
Tabi no tochū.
Proud Queenslander, reminding the New South Welshmen exactly WHY they keep losing the State of Origin.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Re: Twisted Dimensions – The MechWarrior’s (an RPG!)

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jan 2012, 12:14

I'M IN!
Spoiler! :
Pilot Looks: A Space Wolves grey jumpsuit and a black wolf helmet, male, blue eyes, brown 8-)
Pilot Background: Quickly rose through the ranks of the Great Company after winning many fights and wars!

Mech Stats: Basic Dreadnought Armour (so it can level up to EPIC DREADNOUGHT ARMOUR OF TOTAL EPICNESS OF BJORN) and i guess 2 dreadnought close combat arms with storm bolters attached i guess :D
Mech Errata: Bjorn the Fell-Handed is a Venerable Dreadnought and former Chapter Master of the Space Wolves Space Marine Chapter and also the oldest living Space Marine in the Imperium of Man. He fought in both the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy 10,000 Terran years before the present time. He is also BIG!
if i could i would of had a titan but Bjorn is sooo epic!
Last edited by Iron_Fang on 12 Jan 2012, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 12 Jan 2012, 12:59

Iron_Fang wrote:I'M IN!
Spoiler! :
Pilot Looks: A Space Wolves grey jumpsuit and a black wolf helmet 8-)

if i could i would of had a titan but Bjorn is sooo epic!
I think your mech is too powerful :lol:
Spoiler! :
Pilot Name: Ghost
Pilot Looks: Male, Black hair and basic Flak Armour
Pilot Background: Member of an engineering unit infamous for high success rates but equally high attrition rates
Pilot Errata: Sergeant in the UNSC Corps Engineers

Mech: HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark I
Mech Appearance: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... totype.png
Mech Stats: Titanium alloy Plating with Nanocomposite titanium fibers with a T261 Lucifer Gatling Gun & LAU-1810/SGM-151 Missile Laucher
Mech Errata: A Prototype Mech scapped for the more feasable MJOLNIR armour, during the battle of Algolis all of the project data and Mech were destroyed but in the process all attacking enemy forces were elliminated.
Last edited by andy25100 on 12 Jan 2012, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jan 2012, 13:15

it starts as a normal dawn of war dread D:

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Jan 2012, 14:54

Are the mechs from the game Phantom Crash ok? I loved that game.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 12 Jan 2012, 17:14

Btw atmo it is just a normal dreadnought with Bjorn as his name!

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 12 Jan 2012, 20:21

Iron Fang, andy25100, you guys are in! Iron-Bjorn as a NORMAL dread, he'll get his venerable upgrade later. andy-I've seen the Halo animated shorts, no abusing that Mech!

Sti_Jo_Lew, yes the Phantom Crash mechs are awesome as, I have that game and love it! You can have up to 4 weapons on any of the three Chassis, but keep your weapons low tier please. They are also rather light mechs, as 2-4 120mm Cannon shells are enough to destroy any of the three Mechs.

I still want a few more players then I'll type up the beginning post.
Tabi no tochū.
Proud Queenslander, reminding the New South Welshmen exactly WHY they keep losing the State of Origin.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 15 Jan 2012, 17:31

Come on guys, this will be a great rpg if we have some more people!

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 15 Jan 2012, 18:01

Iron_Fang wrote:Come on guys, this will be a great rpg if we have some more people!
Why does no-one want to take part this sounds awesome :evil:
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 15 Jan 2012, 20:42

PhantomCrash.jpg
Ok, here's my character/ mech setup.

PILOT:
Spoiler! :
Name: Sti
Background: Joined the sport of Rumbling for fun and to make a bit of money. Is fairly new, but has spent enough time to learn the basics and purchase a few upgrades. (If I went with the basic Scoobee, I would seriously underpowered.)
MECH:
Spoiler! :
Italian made, Ventuno HOLY
HL Body (Basic HOLY type body, no upgrades)
HL2Roller (Basically 2 legs, with wheels in the heel that can be used to give speeds of up to 60 K/h)
Jet Black Color

Shoulders:
G24 Slingshot grenade launcher (Low blast radius, but high damage on direct impact)

Arms:
No. 30 SV Gun (Basic machine gun) x2

Other Upgrades:
OCGVB (Optic Camoflauge, gives near-invisibilty in short bursts. Long time to recharge before another burst)

Now, the thing with mechs from Phantom Crash is that they aren't that big. They are around the size of a modern tank. However, they excel at speed at stealth.
Hope you don't mind I swapped on of the weapons for the basic OC. :P

Oh, and there's a picture of what this model of mech looks like, different weapons though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 16 Jan 2012, 11:04

YAY, all we need is a couple more people and we can enjoy a mechbased rpg :roll:

Jakeman214

Re: Twisted Dimensions – The MechWarrior’s(an RPG! 3 open sl

Post by Jakeman214 » 17 Jan 2012, 03:43

And so it is time for the opening post. Let the RPG BEGIN!

In the heart of Downtown Detroit a giant blue shimmering portal opened up with a loud screech, like nails being dragged down a chalkboard. People on the street stopped and stared, their Tuesday mornings interrupted by this sudden outbreak of madness. Curiosity quickly turned to panic as a 20 foot tall BattleMech stepped out of it, crushing 10 or so people under one of its feet. It moved forwards and the portal collapsed, the BattleMech looking around as its pilot tried to ascertain what just happened. He shrugged and moved onwards, crushing more pedestrians. At the next intersection 2 brave Police Officers fired upon the giant Mech and only served to annoy it. The Cougar Scout Mech lowered one of its arms and blasted the poor police with a single Large Pulse Laser shot, leaving them as a smoking crater 3 feet wide. As the Mech took a step into the intersection, 3 new portals opened up on each of the three streets to its left, front and right, leaving the street it just came from portal free.

From the left portal came a smaller Humanoid type Mech, about 8 feet tall, very compact and military looking. From the right portal another small Mech burst forth, skidding to a halt in wonder at its new surroundings. A squat round pod with arms and legs human style, it raised its arms and readied its guns, wheels ready to run. From the center portal stepped out a medium sized Mech but still small to the Cougar, a heavily armoured behemoth that stood 12 feet tall and looked fearsome. Its two power claws crackled with energy and the twin stormbolters underneath looked nasty adn meant business.

The Cougar stepped back and looked at the situation. Its pilot triggered the Comms switch, broadcasting on an open channel. “This is Captain Jake Rain, commander of the 3rd Scout Lance, Bravo Company, The Avengers Mercenary Regiment. All Mech’s identify yourselves and stand down or you will be fired upon.” He ordered coolly, authority in his voice. His hands remained firmly in place over the controls, fingers upon his triggers.
Tabi no tochū.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 17 Jan 2012, 11:20

Great we're going to destroy downtown detroit :lol:

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 17 Jan 2012, 13:45

The pilot of the central mech turns Bjorn to face the cougar.
"Iron and what is it to do with you?" the comms crackle with the portal's energy as the pilot spoke he moved his right hand making the right power claw comes into life.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 18 Jan 2012, 01:07

The HOLY type scoobee turns to face the larger, intimidating mech. "Err... My name is Sti. What the hell is going on? I was in the middle of a match, it was going to pay for my rent this week!"
Spoiler! :
I find it funny that everyone else chose a mech that is about the size of Jake's mech's foot.

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 19 Jan 2012, 07:19

The portals behind each of the three new Mechs closed up with the sound of a choir ending sadly, each blue tear in the fabric of space-time receding into nothingness.

Captain Rains keyed his mike once more. “Iron, stand down. I have no wish to fry you. Yet. Sti, I do not know what is going on, only that a blue portal opened before me and I was compelled, no, drawn into it. Where we are I do not know. And you said something about paying rent, are you a mercenary as well?”

As Captain Rains finished talking, his display light up with two fast moving blips. “All Mechs, be wary. I have two fast moving contacts, probably the local world’s Militia Fast-Jets on recon patrol. We don’t yet know what the onworld Militia’s strength is, so try not to fire on them unless provoked.” He ordered, dropping straight into command mode. Stupid! These aren’t my soldiers to command. They had best take heed of my warning though, I don’t want to be slagged by Militia before getting my bearings.

Overhead, two F-16s with a full ground attack loadout roared past. It had been sparsely 15 minutes since Mechs had begun appearing all over Detroit, and only an hour since the first worldwide reports. Funnily, the first Mechs to appear out of the portals came from New Zealand. The lead fighter broadcast on open channels, hoping the Mech Pilots could hear him.
“This is Major Stonewall, United States Air Force F-16 Fighter pilot to all Mech’s in the city of Detroit. You are ordered to stand down and make your way out of the city to the south. There is a camp being set up for you to get information and Rest, Repairs and Recovery. If you do not comply you will be regarded as Hostile to the United States of America and due force will be used to subdue, cripple and/or destroy any Hostiles as deemed necessary to protect the United States and her Citizens. United States Army assets are being sent to each individual Mech or group of Mechs to guide you out of the city and to the designated area.”
Spoiler! :
@Sti, its fair, considering that BattleTech and MechWarrior is one of the MOST POPULAR Mech settings! And I choose one of the smaller Mechs too! Andy’s Mech is really an armoured Battlesuit, so its gonna be interesting to see how this all pans out.

@Everybody- So the choice is there for your next move. Do you want to go solo and take on the US Military? Do you want to follow the US Military’s orders and head for camp (and maybe the loss of your mech/imprisonment)? Do you want to run? Do you want to band together and start the fun? Its all up to you guys!
Tabi no tochū.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 19 Jan 2012, 11:08

My mech may be small, but you should never underestimate your enemies & i'll go with the army but if they try anything funny with my mech it won't end well for all sides involved.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 19 Jan 2012, 11:41

Iron turns his mech and slowly walks towards the camp but keeping his power claws charged

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 19 Jan 2012, 14:05

Sti thinks for a second, then follows Iron to the camp. As he walks, he looks around for possible escape routes if things go haywire. There's no way he can take on the entire US army.

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 19 Jan 2012, 19:15

Spoiler! :
Ok guys, here's the deal. I want you guys to act in character, posting what your characters would do as if you were them. I'll still be GM'ing, but you guys need to play along too!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.
Captain Rains watched Iron, Sti and the other Mech all turn and begin walking towards the south west, following West Fort Street, heading towards the industrial heart of Detroit and the Camp being set up by the US Army, down by the railyards. The two F-16's above were joined by more and more fighters of all types. Hmm, There must be alot more mechs in the city than before if they are deploying more and more airpower. Rains thought to himself. As he turned to catch up with the other three Mechs, his comms chattered to life.

"-der heavy fire! Oh God, they just blew James to hell!" a paniced voice said, and an explosion occured off to the center of the city, just to the right of Captain Rains.
"Return fire! Use the buildings for cover and keep moving! Those fighters will be on us any second now! ANY body listening on this frequency, this is Charlie Lance, Bravo Company, 12th Lyran Guards! We are under heavy fire from hostile tanks and aircraft and require assistance! We've already lost a Mech!"

Rains thought for a second, then moved towards the East and the city center. His current contract was with the Lyran Commonwealth, and had been for 10 years. He keyed his mike. "Charlie Lance, this is Captain Rains, Avengers Mercenary Regiment. Move to the West, I'm on my way to help. How many Mechs do you have left?"
"Thank God! I've got 3 Uziel Medium Mechs, including myself. We had an Uller, but those tanks killed James!"
"How many tanks?" Captain Rains cut in.
"At least a company!" The voice replied.
"Alright, I'm nearly there. I'll make a distraction pass, then form your lance up on me."
"Copy that!"

As Rains finished giving his order, an A-10 Warthog broke from high cover and dived towards his Cougar. His tac display lit up with a warning, and he turned the Mech. He wasn't quick enough, and the Warthog pilot fired two AGM-44 Maverick missiles at the Cougar. Rains fired two bursts of his pulse lasers anyways, and one lucky shot hit the big plane as it pulled up. The laser blast slammed into the bottom of the Warthog, and the plane exploded in a ball of flames. The two missiles streaked ahead, their target locked. Jake Rains stepped his Mech behind a building, and the two missiles plowed into it and detonated, blowing half the apartment block into rubble.

Maybe helping the Lyrans isn't such a good idea after all... Rains thought to himself.

~~~~~~
Meanwhile, an armoured coloumn of 12 M1 Abrams tanks made their way towards Iron, Sti and Ghost. 4 of the tanks stopped and the rest kept moving into the city. From one of the stopped tanks an Officer appeared with a loudspeaker. "Mechs, please follow the first tank back to the Camp. For your safety the remaining 3 tanks of my platoon will escort behind you. There is a battle breaking out in the city centre. Move out then!" the Lieutenant ordered, one tank leading the way and the other three manouevering behind the 3 Mechs.
Tabi no tochū.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 19 Jan 2012, 19:25

I'll take part in this roleplaying of yours, Stupid Lyrans probably fired the first shot as these humans seem friendly enough for now.

Jakeman214

Post by Jakeman214 » 19 Jan 2012, 19:59

andy25100 wrote:I'll take part in this roleplaying of yours, Stupid Lyrans probably fired the first shot as these humans seem friendly enough for now.
Alright then, start writing! Also, for anything out of character, please use spoilers from now on.
Tabi no tochū.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 20 Jan 2012, 02:37

Iron opens his comms chat, "why help us?" he says the the nearby general sensing a trap.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 20 Jan 2012, 16:34

Sti also thinks something fishy is going on, but decides to go a long with it. The people here have probably never even seen Optic Camo, so they definetly won't have any preventive measures for it. If things go south, Sti will just slip away under his mechs cloak.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 24 Jan 2012, 14:28

Iron finally stops at the camp and straight away he knew something was wrong .