Mall Fight III: Back for Mall (Ah, see what I did there?)

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
aeroeng15
Retired

Re: Mall Fight III: Back for Mall (Ah, see what I did there?

Post by aeroeng15 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:02

Noticing that the barricades have gone up in flames when I get back, I proceed to shift it back into a barricade (albeit a flaming one). Seeing as how this is not as safe, I make my way to a cleaning supplies closet to make more homemade explosives.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:24

Time for Plan B, i take my M16 and shoot at all the drones i can. I find Spys last available signal and pursue him. On my way there i find invun. I tell him that spy is after him and we must close in quickly. I dont see what he does and i just keep running. I see what ive been looking for(other than spy), the exit! I decide to play this one safe and not get killed. I run to my lair an an emergency light EMP grenade that i had developed. I ran to the entrance of JC Penny, i see three guys there and is i throw the grenade in. I now have caused spy and his men to lose all connection in their base. At least for now.
-asi1998
~John 3:16

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:29

Sadly, Asi is still deranged. The three men he saw were the mannequins that managed to survive the car impact. Although, they did have sensors in them, so we lost those. I finish my preparations and begin to setup traps at the front of the store.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:33

I go to the petshop, kidnap a bunch of animals and train them to obey me. I also go and seek explosives to make more bombs. I go back to the security are, steal the rest of the weapons. Invun may now come to the lair that we first met upat and take some more ammo if hes running out. I remove the rest of the ammunition and weapons and body armour from the security offices, good day.
-asi1998

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:41

Spyboticsguy wrote:Asi, firstly, security IS A BIG GAPING HOLE.
I'm pretty sure Security is non-existent at this point, but *shrug*

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 13 Oct 2012, 22:44

"inv! inv!"
"What the hell is the matter now, asi?" I ask at the figure rapidly running which I had falsely assumed was on the other side of the mall a few minutes ago.
"lok out 4 peiopitcsguise, he is vry dneagnrous"
"Yeah, no fucking kidding. Where are you going?" I question to asi, but he runs past me and I cannot hear what he says. Suddenly, life sparks into the banana phone I am still holding, and a voice starts to speak.

"It's Spy. You need to get the hell away from asi - he just shot two inanimate objects and now appears to be laughing at them, calling them names of real people. If you can reach a store, I can lock you in."
"I'm not entirely convinced the stores are safe, but I will keep your offer in consideration" I respond to the voice "Is that it?"
"Oh, and one more thing - what would you say to a little, how you say, arrangement? Nothing formal - I've got Skunk and Aero for that."
"How do I know I can trust you with this arrangement, Spy?" I ask the voice.

Before I can hear what Spy responds to me, I hear more gunshots - Asi is probably up to something. Before I can investigate the commotion, the display smartphones in the store start flickering, and shut off. My banana phone starts emitting loud static from the speakers.

"Christ asi, what the fuck are you doing?" I ask myself out loud.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 13 Oct 2012, 22:52

Running back i go back to invun and i toss him another phone and tell him what i did to Spys stuff with the emp grenades. I also explain about me making plans for homemade bombs and animals and i tell invun that i suspect spy of trying to recruit him based in some suspicious transmissions i received from the phone. I say "If thats true, you are free to listen to him but you will not be my ally anymore. You will not be an enemy unless you fire on me however but i still invite you to stay on my team."
-asi1998

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 13 Oct 2012, 23:15

Noting the animals starting to roam about the mall, I rush to the staff room to grab food from the vending machines and any in the fridge. I then proceed to continue staking out the front.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Oct 2012, 00:15

After the barricade lights up, I lost the others. In the chaos, I manage to find Aero and watch as he rushes off and begins making explosives.
After our base is damaged by Asi, I'm split from Aero. I stumble around the mall, searching for him. Finally, I find Aero again, and tell him my plan.
"Trust me, it'll work Aero. I just need you to give me a lot of explosives and your word that you wont tell anyone. Don't even tell Spy. Make sure he's safe and far enough away, but don't tell him the specifics. I don't know if we can trust him. Hell, to be honest, the only reason I'm trusting you is because you have the explosives."
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 14 Oct 2012, 00:51

Me and the man whom I now know as Windmill have finished Borderlands 2 and 100% completion. We can hear many gun shots and explosions outside. We then proceed to try and finish all other Co Op games that we can while we are here.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 14 Oct 2012, 01:17

I think about Skunk's plan for a minute, then nod. I hand over a good chunk of the explosives I had already made and tell him how they work. I then gather my materials and move back to the front of the store so that I can work and keep an eye on the happenings.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Oct 2012, 02:04

I take into account the damage done to the mall already and do a quick calculation. As Aero leaves, I nod to myself, knowing exactly what to do. But hostiles are still out there. I find the nearest camera and jump for attention. Then, I write on my hand. 'I need you to guide and protect me to the nearest sports wear shop.'
With that, I go on my way, staying in the shadows.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

CTDH

Post by CTDH » 14 Oct 2012, 03:24

Spawning in the mall's still-under-construction-after-what-seems-like-forever north wing, and hearing the gunshots, I take stock in the items lying around. After disregarding the power tools and items too heavy to carry, I find and pick up a crowbar.

Cautiously, I use the handy crowbar to pry open the doors to the rest of the mall, and peek in to see if the coast is clear for entry.
I'm doing science so hard right now.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Oct 2012, 07:32

"I told you asi was insane. Not sure how he picked up my transmissions - but this one's implanted in your brain, so he can't detect it or destroy it without killing you."
I pause for thought.
"Maybe that wasn't my best idea - but he just knocked out ALL comms in the area, not just mine. He won't be able to reach you, nor vice versa, until you move where I can see you."
"As for the arrangement, I need you to track aero. Skunk sent 'im off somewhere - but I couldn't hear where. I just know that they don't want me to know. In return, I will protect you. Just make sure you don't get caught - and if you do - run. And try not to let asi follow you."
"Think about it - I've got to protect Skunk before he gets a run-in with asi."

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 14 Oct 2012, 08:52

Before starting up Team fortress 2 to acquire all hats and items, I manage to amp up the power to those things that are always at the front of stores and can tell if you've nicked something so that they provide a sort of magnetism and emp field between them, to help provide peace in this little haven. I then slide a piece of paper under the shutter with the words "Safe haven, Many free games to play inside and beanbags" then return to my computer
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 14 Oct 2012, 12:13

I need to get a message to spy. I hang up flyers around the mall especially near JCPenny that write "Asi is ready to talk peace with spy." By talking peace i do not mean surrendering or joining him. I mean, we stop trying to kill each other. (at least for now) ;)
-asi1998

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Oct 2012, 12:15

"Asi, please report to the front office of Security. We can talk privately there."

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 14 Oct 2012, 13:45

Noticing Asi near the entrance, I prime a few explosives. However, he moves away after a while. Noticing Spy leaving, I pack up my explosives, knives, pan and food, and begin to shadow him, wary of any sneak attacks.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 14 Oct 2012, 13:50

I jump into an air vent and then go in the general direction of ********

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Oct 2012, 14:03

I check my PDA and notice someone shadowing me. I calmly hit "Restrain - do not injure" and keep walking.
I'll come back and untie them later.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 14 Oct 2012, 16:53

"Wait a minute - you said this transmission is coming from a chip in my brain?! How the fuck did you do such a thing?" I yell out bluntly, unsure if Spy was able to successfully hear what I said.

Out of nowhere, suddenly a zebra runs across the mall, directly past the booth I am hiding in.

"Asi's up to something." I think to myself "First with the guns he provided me, then the EMP, and now there are animals running around the mall? What the hell is going on?"

I distinctly notice at this stage, that the banana phone I was holding stopped emitting static. Guessing that the effects of asi's EMP had worn off, I pick it up and begin talking into the microphone.

"I received your transmission. I'll help find aeroeng for you under one condition:" I demand into the phone

"You get this fucking chip out of my brain, no strings attached, especially ones that involve me dying."

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Oct 2012, 17:13

I speak into the headset: "It was in the banana. It's biodegradable - and proximity-sensitive. As soon as you get within a foot or two of him, it breaks down, and it should actually enhance your brain functions. Potassium and such."
I pause to check and see if Skunk's alright, then attempt to contact aero: "Hey, where are you? I don't want asi getting to ya."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 14 Oct 2012, 20:18

"Alright. I'll keep my eyes open. This better not be a big elaborate scheme of yours..."

As I say this, I vault over the booth, holding my rifle up. Scanning the area, I see a barred-up store ahead of me, and a distinct Russian voice.

"NO TOCH MY SANDVICH LITTLE VEINER!"

Confused as to who the voice came from, I walk closer to the barred up store.

"Hello? Who's there? Show yourself!"

Suddenly, to extreme horror, I catch sight of what appears to be the source of the noise - a giant, yellow happy face.

"What the fuck..." I exclaim as I start running in the other direction, firing rounds at the store, panicking through the whole duration.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 14 Oct 2012, 20:52

"Invun, calm down. It's just Will."
I link Invun's implant to the camera.
"Invun, I'm bringing your HUD online."
The HUD gives him info on his vitals, his location, and a map of the mall. He can also use it to identify people if he gets a clear image.
"You can access the cameras by thinking about a location you want to view. There's also a built-in browser and comm system - you can drop the banana."

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 14 Oct 2012, 21:07

"Invun, calm down. It's just Will." Spy says into the chip implanted in my head.
"I'm staying the hell away from that store, shit's scary."
"Invun, I'm bringing your HUD online."

As spy says this, my vision turns purple. Thinking "Will" had done something to my sight, I start to panic again. "Get the fuck away from me!" I exclaim as I fire more rounds into the general direction of the store, running back behind the cover of my booth.

Almost immediately after I leap back behind my figurative safe haven, my vision clears up. Instead of regularly being able to look around, I can view objects specifically and have them identify what each one is. A on-screen display can also inform me of my vitals, and the amount of ammo that remains left in my rifle.

"You can access the cameras by thinking about a location you want to view. There's also a built-in browser and comm system - you can drop the banana."

Glaring at the banana on the table, I blurt out loud "Well what the shit, did this mall suddenly turn into a CoD server?" without knowing if Spy can identify what I am saying or not.

Then, without further delay, I hop back over the booth I was in cover behind, and begin scanning the map of the mall for aeroeng.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 14 Oct 2012, 21:19

I suddenly find myself restrained by several cords and surrounded by three drones. As I attempt to free myself, I receive a transmission from Spy asking where I am. "I'm, uh... Bit tied up at the moment. Not exactly sure how, but there are drones here." I finally manage to get out, but remain where I am, wary of what the drones might do.

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 15 Oct 2012, 03:22

After Will had a close encounter with a raving lunatic we got back to Team Fortress 2. I can't help but wonder if this is what the people have come to after being trapped in a mall for 5 days.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 05:46

"Oh," I say to aero, "Yeah, you'd better stay put - they're probably set to 'restrain' you."
"If you show signs of... well, being unrestrained, they'll restrain you again."
I pause to think for a moment.
"Wait a moment - I restrained someone that was following me earlier. Was that you?"

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 15 Oct 2012, 07:11

"Err... Yes. Just making sure no one else was tailing you...."

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 15 Oct 2012, 12:01

Flashback:

I proceed to the front office of security and i see s a man that is acting like hes preparing to kill me. I think immediately "Spy is bluffing me." I keep going preparing not to notice and then i suddenly turn around, grab the guy by his mouth and hold a small knife to his neck ready to cut his neck if i can. I ask him "Who are you working for, did spy send you?"
-asi1998