Mall Fight III: Back for Mall (Ah, see what I did there?)

A place for silliness and shenanigans.
Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Mall Fight III: Back for Mall (Ah, see what I did there?

Post by Invunarble » 15 Oct 2012, 13:59

Walking closer to the mall map's last known location of Aeroeng, I see a few hovering orbs flying around a man, which would presumably be aeroeng. After a high-velocity projectile whizzes past my head, I duck behind a nearby ice cream stall, and begin to return fire at the drones. One of them falls in a clutter of rubble to the ground, and another whizzes by me, out of control, then finally explodes.

"Well shit, this isn't exactly easy" I say to myself behind cover, firing at the drones from the safety of my ice cream stall. As I say this, another unknown projectile whizzes into a display case full of ice cream, causing the dairy product to explode all over the front of the stall.

Figuring this cover is going to be ripped apart by the drones, I leap from my cover and get behind a column of concrete that is supporting a miniature garden. After directing my focus to the security camera within JCPenny's, I contact Spy.

"Hey, would you mind doing me a favor, and shut these damn drones off for me?"
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 15 Oct 2012, 14:06

Iron eats his supply of Subway sandviches, (no more left in the subway) and wonders how they can eat after 5 days of nothing.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 15:19

One sec - asi, I'm confused - is that me or someone else?

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 15:40

I'll work off of the assumption that it isn't me.
"Invun, ok, just stop firing."
I shut down aero's drones and tell him not to fire on Invun, at least for the moment.
I look around to make sure nobody is actually following me, then take a seat at a cafeteria booth. I open up my modified iPhone and take a small chip out of the bottom. I take a deep breath and place it on my head.
I feel a sharp sting as the chip enters my skull, coming to a soft rest on my brain. It turns on, and my vision goes purple - and I lose all motor functions for a short bit - causing me to be paralyzed for a few seconds. As my joints loosen up, I run a few tests on my now-enhanced system. I have the same HUD as Invun, plus access to security and intercoms. I try out my reflexes - they're significantly faster. Deciding to try out my sparring skils, I summon a humanoid drone to practice. I'm able to block most of his strikes, and the ones I don't I can dodge fairly easily. I dismantle the drone bit by bit.
I pause for breath. Looking down, I see the second chip I've made. I place it back inside my iPhone. I won't need it yet - one upgrade at a time.

"Invun, asi's in for a hell of a fight - let's hope he's peaceful."
I decide to send him the footage of my sparring practice.

I then begin to laugh, alone.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 15 Oct 2012, 15:59

"Invun, ok, just stop firing."
As I receive this transmission, the drones ahead of me shut off. Popping out of cover, I scan the area for aeroeng, just to find he is absent from the wall where the drones had him cornered. Seeing nothing around me that is living besides the plants based in the concrete curvatures similar to what I was behind cover in, I vault over the front of the slab of the powerful material that had absorbed the bullets from the drones just a few minutes ago.

"Aeroeng! Come out!"

Searching the area, I still cannot find Aero, and the map system that was implemented into my HUD now only shows this walkway as his last known position.

"Aeroeng! Stop fucking hiding!"

At this stage, my demands seem to be unheard by anyone nearby - the mall is virtually desolate in my vicinity. Walking towards a GameStop store that is barred, I kick the door down and walk in, rifle at the ready.

"Aeroeng!"

Angered at the fact he miraculously disappeared while I attempted to save him, I suddenly lash out my anger in the form of the butt of my M16 onto a nearby Master Chief cardboard cutout, tearing the graphic in half.

What I find behind the graphic, though, was far more of a surprise.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 15 Oct 2012, 16:41

Noticing that the drones shut down, and Spy saying something about Invun, I begin to climb. Although Spy may have some sort of deal with him, I'm not as trustworthy. I watch as Invun comes over and starts screaming my name. I notice his eyes moving a lot more than usual, and some sort of graphics play over his eyes. After he storms off towards a GameStop, I work my way along the ceiling, following him...

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 17:12

After noticing that aero has disappeared, I send drones to make sure he's alright. I also make sure that these drones can be tracked by Invun, and notify him of what I've done.
"Drones: Implant tracker. Simulate autonomous behavior (make it seem like this is standard security protocol)."
I crack my knuckles and begin to sprint towards the commotion. Asi's not at security yet.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 15 Oct 2012, 18:37

I give spy a phone call via one of my secondary iPhones using a blocked number(dont ask how i managed to get his number, it was a long story). Will he answer?
-asi1998
~John 3:16

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 18:58

I pick up the call using my enhanced systems. Eventually, the chip will break down - until then, I have to be wary of death. All of the chips are 100% organic and degrade, becoming an integrated part of the brain. I haven't told Invun this - but I feel like it'll be a welcome addition to his skillset. I check my iPhone, although I only use it as an incubator for the chips now. Sometime, I hope to have the chip production integrated into my systems.
It reads:
"Mental Enhancement Chip: 100% complete, integration at 90%."
"Physical Enhancement Chip: 70% complete."
"Lesser MEC: 100% Complete, Press to activate degradation."

"Asi, what's the matter? You're not inside security yet - and you've managed to block my view of your situation. Is everything alright?"

"Invun, you get that file?"

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 15 Oct 2012, 19:52

Noticing drones start to gather around my previous position, I begin to move towards an area that appears to be under construction. Noticing that Spy is at security, I quickly look around for Asi and Invun.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 15 Oct 2012, 20:21

No, no, I ran towards where you were before you entered the vents.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 15 Oct 2012, 20:34

Ah, well I don't happen to be in any vents >.> But okay

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 16 Oct 2012, 19:36

I stop and search the area. Noting the drones' location (and general lack of movement), I assume that aero has escaped.
"Aero, you alright, buddy? I hope the drones didn't keep after you."

I look around and see Invun staring at.... something.
I walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 16 Oct 2012, 19:58

"Well, they seem to be looking for me, but I'm alright. Shouldn't be in too much trouble for a while. You find Asi yet?"

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 16 Oct 2012, 20:01

I pop out from a vent in a toys r us (:)) pick up a few nerf guns and ammo then jump back into my vent system

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 17 Oct 2012, 06:38

Spyboticsguy wrote:I
"Asi, what's the matter? You're not inside security yet - and you've managed to block my view of your situation. Is everything alright?"
Spy u must tell me everything if u really want peace. I go down to report to security and a guy that looks suspiciously like one of your men, has explosives on him and acts like he is trying to corner me. It seems like the only way to have a peace deal is to talk on the phone. So tell me everything. Are you trying to recruit invun? Did you send that man to attack me? Or do you really want peace?
-asi1998

random980

Post by random980 » 17 Oct 2012, 09:06

From memory, last time i was in mall fight the mall exploded and left a huge crater. As far as ive read through Mall Fight III, it needs more me.
Spoiler! :
I spawn in the camping/outdoors store. I put on surprisingly light and comfy steal cap boots, thick work pants and strong leather gloves. I take the biggest Swiss army knife i can find, a backpack, a lighter and a bbq. I also rip up some shirts in the store. I go to the national geographic store and take as many boomerangs that can fit in the backpack. I go to the supermarket, get cans of deodorant, grab a bunch of razors, detach the blades and attach them all around several of the boomerangs. I get kangaroo sausages, bread, onion, tomato and mustard sauce and bottles of booze.
This is just what i grab, spoiler'd it to reduced post size.

I wheel the bbq and food to Windmill's and stalke's game corner and wait to be allowed in. If they dont allow me in ill let out all the gas in the bbq and set it off using molotovs (booze and shirt bits)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Eekum Bokum
Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Random just won the thread. We should all just give up.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 17 Oct 2012, 09:10

What you think that whilst we've been in there we haven't been fortifying the walls? At any rate, it's pretty much Spy that controls the shutter and behind that we placed pretty much every excess computer and heavy thing in front of the wall and have ensured there are no holes for air to escape from except from a couple vents with a direct lead to the ceiling. Oh and theres even a couple Nokias holding up the wall.

Basically the only way we let anyone in is if they have no weaponry of any type and have not threatened anyone to our knowledge :P
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 17 Oct 2012, 14:52

"Asi, why would I send a living being to kill you when I have every drone in this damn place at my command?"
I sigh. As I do, I turn to Invun and ask him what the hell he's staring at.
"Asi, I don't want to kill you. But I will protect the people in this mall to the ends of the Earth and back, even if that means your permanent death. I will not fight you, so long as you do not cause harm to the citizens of the mall."
"Asi, step back - take a look into reality. Look at the chaos you've caused. Look at what you've driven me to. Yes - my solution involves recruiting Invunarble to the cause - but it will always be his choice."
The camera feed comes back online as I move to a booth and motion for Invun to come sit with me.
"Oh, good - camera's online. So, you did make it to security - but you're right, there is a man there who looks quite vicious. Ask him to identify himself, and we can work it out from there. But you kill him before then, asi, I will find you. And if I do find you, it's not going to be pleasant."
I wish I could make out the man's identity - some sort of signal would be useful, but I wouldn't want the madman to hurt him.
I switch to the Security intercom.
"Asi, you are looking at the last remnants of order in this place. Before we arrived, they kept the mall safe for all walks of life. We need to help bring that order back. Don't you agree? Don't speak, nodding is fine."
I hope the man catches my hint.

"So, Invun, mind telling me what the hell you're staring at?"

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 17 Oct 2012, 15:28

Finally seeing what was hidden behind the cutout Master Chief, I kneel down to take a closer look at the mysterious metal plating. On the plating, a clearly distinct nuclear warning had been stuck on, and above that a small black orb partially built into the wall stood out. In fear that I may have found a critical system to Spy, I refrain from telling him my position.

Putting down my M16 and reaching for the combination lock that was built into the right side of the case, I access a "blown-up" view of the lock via my HUD. The lock had a five number system according to my data, which nonetheless did not make it difficult to crack, since the security number was presented to me from my HUD. Once I correctly spun all five lock wheels into the proper position, the panel made a slight "Click!" and the lock retracted into the metal covering.

Without much warning, as the combination lock retracted, the floor below me suddenly gave way! Thankfully, I grasped the ledge of the floor before falling, holding on for what seemed to be dear life for me. Loosing my grip on the ledge, to my horror the cover that masked this "tube" began to slide back into place. Before it jams my fingers and knocks me down into what seems to be an endless pit, I catch sight of a nearly accurate hologram of me, and the Master Chief cutout in it's previous state before I had hit it with the butt of my rifle.

Plummeting into the nearly endless hole, I feel a purple gaze cover my vision, and I lose the ability to move my limbs, similar to when Spy activated the HUD system implanted via chip into my head. Near the end of the tunnel, I begin to see a light, but it soon becomes a figure of my imagination as I black out from the high speed I am falling from.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 17 Oct 2012, 16:03

"Spy, I am not at security. Im currently near u holding u at gunpoint with my iron sights pointing at your head. If i wanted to kill u, i would have done it by now. The reason the camera shows that is because I have put a false feed inside it. You may be able to pinpoint my location via cell phone, but by then, I will be gone. Now here is my compromise, I will not enter JCPenny and I will not attack anyone outside of my invisible line. The cameras inside Sears will go down in three minutes due to a virus that I created and installed in them. None of your men are to go past the pet shop, which is the first shop outside of Sears. If they cross, the imaginary line (which is at the beginning of the petshop, I have every right and I probably will shoot them. I will not shoot anyone outside of that line. Nobody except Invun is allowed to cross that line (and that might change i will alert him if it does). This should not be very hard considering that Sears is at the other end of the mall from JC Penny. I will also summon all of my animals back into my lair. Do you understand and accept these conditions?"
-asi1998

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 17 Oct 2012, 16:09

I hear a crash, and turn around.
"Invun? What was that?"
He doesn't respond.
I notice his location moving, despite him standing still in front of the cutout.
"INVUN!"
No response. I walk over, and try to tap him on the shoulder - but my hand passes through. I activate my HUD and search the area for structural discrepancies. It is at this point that I notice the lock and door on the ground.

I hope he has enough sense to call me. Poor man. That symbol isn't for nuclear - that's the logo of the fools who put these poor souls in here.

That's BeardTec.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 17 Oct 2012, 16:14

After hearing asi's transmission, I stop.
And then I laugh. I laugh a long, spirited, slightly mad laugh.
"Go on, shoot me! You don't even know why you're here! You couldn't kill me if you had TWICE the number of men I have. You think I'm like you? A poor, trapped soul with no way out? Hell no! I snuck IN here, to get you out. I can see now that maybe you aren't worth saving after all. I know Beard can pick good test subjects, but the bad ones really are rats! HAH!"
I stand, poised to dodge if he shoots. There is no chance for him to sneak up on me OR shoot me - I've got a 360 degree view, thanks to my cameras. I activate my night-vision filter, and I whisper: "Come out, little rat. Kitty wants to play."
I spot him, and I start to run at him.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 17 Oct 2012, 17:56

So no peace deal, well then thats fine, i activate the explosives and run into sears. If you step over my tripwire, you blow up! I really do want to stop trying kill each other however. If you change your mind, let me know.
-asi1998

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 17 Oct 2012, 19:00

"Skunk, asi's in Sears. Do NOT go past the pet store, repeat, do NOT go past the pet store. That goes for you too, aero."
OK - not my finest hour. Luckily, nobody in here knows WHY I'm here or WHO I am. I've been tracking BeardTec for the longest time - 'borrowing' their tech wasn't hard.
"Guys, bad news - Invun's gone missing. He's fallen down some sort of tube - I'll go after him. Don't let asi get wind of this - it's the last thing we need."
I notice a new presence in the mall, and realize the urgency of my mission.

"Random, random, come in, random!"

I slip aero a text note: "You want to know why we're here? Meet me in front of the PC World."
I disable the drones chasing him and start sprinting towards the PC World.

aeroeng15
Retired

Post by aeroeng15 » 17 Oct 2012, 19:48

Noticing Asi sprint by, I begin to tail him along the ceiling. Spy comes in a bit garbled, but I gather that I shouldn't go after him. Turning around I notice the drones sitting right in my face. My phone goes ding (because there's stuff), and the drones move away. I look at my phone, then make my way towards PC World.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 17 Oct 2012, 19:59

I speak into the intercom using a hack I successfully installed, "This is asi speaking, I am going to offer a peace deal one last time. I will enforce what i said to spy but this time it will be public. I do not seek to kill anyone. I want order in here. I will not kill anyone unless they go past the pet shop outside of sears. That is my territory! Stay out, and you will be safe from me. Cross over, and you will probably end up dead. I am in control of Sears and the petshop right outside it. Thst is hostile territory. I am now speaking directly to spy. Think this over! If you do not agree, we will go to war over almost nothing. Please reply over the intercom, until then, I command all my forces to return to my lair!"
-asi1998

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 17 Oct 2012, 20:04

I kick asi off the comms, and rewrite security using genetic codes only found in my brain. Nobody gets in without my approval. My mission's too vital for that.
"Order? Asi, you cracked when they brought you in here. You might be crazy, but that makes you one of my most valuable assets. I want you to think over what they told you when they trapped you in here. Please, asi, no more death. I agree to leave you alone, but you'd best not make a damn threat against me or anyone else in here again."
I swore I would get everyone out. I'm starting to regret that.

I arrive at PC World, and smile and wave at all present.

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 17 Oct 2012, 21:00

First off Spy, I can still talk over the intercom because I have already saved the codes in my computer via hacks, second of all, I agree! I will not kill anyone unless they cross the petshop (which is located at the end on the mall on the other side of JCPenny) I am confused as to what u are saying btw. Tell ur men to stay out of my business and I promise you, I will not kill anyone. Do you agree, if so tell me. If you do not agree, tell me what you disagree with. I really dont feel like killing anyone, but I do want my privacy respected.

P.S. That is why ask ask you to stay out of Sears and the petshop. Same reason u want me to stay away from JC Penny. I have basically retreated with my military stuff, and do not want to send them back out for the welfare of everybody here.
-asi1998

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 18 Oct 2012, 00:49

There appears to be a big commotion outside. I stay inside though as I have a feeling something big is going to down. The only way they get me out is if these computers shut down. Someone will pay for that.