Please help...

Need help or advice on things not related to Minecraft? Ask away here!
haxxorzd00d
MasterBuilder

Please help...

Post by haxxorzd00d » 10 Jun 2011, 18:53

I've got a serious problem, and I don't know where else to turn.

A good friend of mine is becoming a completely different person. I know they say people change drastically as they grow up, but he's changed so radically and I'm losing control of the situation. It's almost as though he's taken on another personality entirely. Sometimes I see his old self, and it makes me sad that he's changed so much in such a short time. Part of me is desperate to keep him from becoming something he's not, and yet part of me knows that people change, and that maybe I need to let go and accept him for who he is now.

Suffice to say, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Where do I go from here? Is there some way that I can get him to see how much he's changed? Or should I just move on and accept that thinking you're a 111-year-old lord is just... something that happens?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi advice forum, you're my only hope.

Darktaint
Retired

Re: Please help...

Post by Darktaint » 10 Jun 2011, 18:55

A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 10 Jun 2011, 19:13

Have you SPOKEN to him about it ? I know you're not his girlfriend or his mother or anything, but as a bro man... express your concerns, you might actually save his future.

-.- oh, it's about lord. I din't quite get it until now.

Jerk, I actually worried about you! :cry:
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 11 Jun 2011, 05:49

And when you're dealing with a psychosis that runs as deeply as only one held by a 111 year old can, things can get pretty tricky. Personally, in all my years trundling through the internet (and that's a LOT of years), I've never came across a more extreme case. It might even go so far as being a distinct personality. And if that's the case, you should take care in how you approach your friend. When he's manifesting that alternate personality, he won't be receptive to any suggestion that he's not 'real'. Care must be taken.

I would start be reinforcing his participation in activities that appeal more to his true self... This may more difficult then it would initially seem though - as this alternate personality seems to have quite easily taken to the internet/gaming culture.

Good luck!!!
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 19 Jul 2011, 16:00

Who is this poor deluded soul?

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 21 Jul 2011, 02:32

_46267386_jex_4214_de42.jpg
That's the Earl of Burma...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.