Follow on Education

Need help or advice on things not related to Minecraft? Ask away here!
dandres
Retired

Follow on Education

Post by dandres » 18 Dec 2012, 01:26

Well the time has come to go to college. Turns out saying you know how to do something and having the paperwork to prove it is two very different things when it comes to applying for a job. I like the job I am doing now but the pay is low.
What I need help on is recommendations on computer degrees. I am looking at a BS in Computer Science but there is a lot out there.
Also I will have to take the courses on-line do to my current job schedule and I cannot quite my job to go to school full time. Some money is better than no money.
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for taking classes on line? Never did it before.

Thanks.

The house is a Factory.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: Follow on Education

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 18 Dec 2012, 21:52

The only college that springs to mind when it comes to online degrees (and is widely respected) is University of Pheonix. I'm not sure if they have what you're looking for online, but I know they have quite a lot.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

dandres
Retired

Re: Follow on Education

Post by dandres » 19 Dec 2012, 00:39

I think I have narrowed it down 2 or 3 universities nearby just in case I have to take a class on campus.
I am hoping that there might be a few players on here that have a Computer (insert specific degree) and can tell me if it helped them get a job.
Plus the whole taking a class on the computer thing is so foreign to me how do you learn, how do you take notes & ask questions?
:?

The house is a Factory.