Cthulhu Saves the World

Review games here.
Darktaint
Retired

Cthulhu Saves the World

Post by Darktaint » 16 Jul 2011, 19:18

Cthulhu Saves the World

So today I picked up this little 8bit RPG called Cthulhu Saves the World off Steam for a measly £1.79 and that was with another game called Breath of Death VII. Getting two games for such a low price makes me a happy panda.

What I didn’t expect to find out that Cthulhu Saves the World is one of those Genius little games that is hilarious in the fact that it knows it’s a silly little game and uses it to it’s full advantage. I mean you start off on a beach which seeing as this is a mine craft forum is completely normal, but your Cthulhu. So the narrator is talking away about how your powers have been trapped by some strange wizard and you need to become a true hero to get them back but he mentions Cthulhu doesn’t know this, so the world is safe. Cut to Cthulhu calling the narrator foolish for informing him in how to regain his powers and Cthulhu then vows to become a true hero to destroy the world (yes really). When this cut seen ends your given a small tutorial were Cthulhu constantly interrupts the narrator with comments about how he “the great Cthulhu doesn’t need assistance but the lowly mortal that dares control him may do”.

The game itself is your standard retro 8bit rpg. It’s turn based and has a similar interface style as the original final fantasy games. But what makes this game stand out is it’s humour and the dialog. The game it’s self is a little under £2 it’d cost you more to actually go to the game store to buy a different game it’s worth the investment for the hilariousness of the game plus you get Breath of Death VII. So my advice is to get this game and be amused for a 24 hours of play time or so.

Reasons to get this game
-- Hilarious dialog
-- 8bit retro rpg done well
-- it’s £1.89 for this and another game it’s cheap.
-- There is room for replay ability too there’s extra game modes for when you’ve finished the game

Be kind it's my first review :P
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

ziggylord

Re: Cthulhu Saves the World

Post by ziggylord » 19 Oct 2011, 05:14

:D nice review dark! i really shouldnt be reading the reviews...its tempting me so much to buy some of these games *looks at wallet* *sees dustbunny* D:

andy25100
Retired

Re: Cthulhu Saves the World

Post by andy25100 » 19 Oct 2011, 09:08

I would like to add i prefered the original ending over the actual one
Spoiler! :
The one where he makes everyone insane and does what cthulthu would do
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers