Why I'm buying Magicka and so should you

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Playeroftau

Re: Why I'm Buying Magicka and so Should You

Post by Playeroftau » 29 Jan 2011, 16:52

RexDark wrote:
Playeroftau wrote:I got it and had lots of fun... but now I'm stuck on chapter 5. I've tried to join online games but they're all full or locked. Oh well, eventually I shall cross that frozen stream, the trolls can't hold me back forever! (... well I suppose they can...)
You mean a frozen river with enemies (including armored orcs) coming at you and a troll with some kind of cannon at the end?
If that's the one, just melt the river under your enemies and let them drown, finish off any enemies who manage to cross anyway and fire your biggest laser at the troll...
I know how to do it, but every time something goes wrong. Most of the time the troll hits me with a cannon ball, and I either drown or get swamped by the armored orcs. The arrow guys don't help either.

RexDark

Post by RexDark » 29 Jan 2011, 17:15

Playeroftau wrote:
RexDark wrote:
Playeroftau wrote:I got it and had lots of fun... but now I'm stuck on chapter 5. I've tried to join online games but they're all full or locked. Oh well, eventually I shall cross that frozen stream, the trolls can't hold me back forever! (... well I suppose they can...)
You mean a frozen river with enemies (including armored orcs) coming at you and a troll with some kind of cannon at the end?
If that's the one, just melt the river under your enemies and let them drown, finish off any enemies who manage to cross anyway and fire your biggest laser at the troll...
I know how to do it, but every time something goes wrong. Most of the time the troll hits me with a cannon ball, and I either drown or get swamped by the armored orcs. The arrow guys don't help either.
Just stay on the land.
Also: Do you have staff of life?
It automatically recharges your personal shield
Having the spell Time Warp and/or the M60 doesn't hurt either...
Well, it hurt your enemies...
No signature here.

Playeroftau

Post by Playeroftau » 29 Jan 2011, 17:39

RexDark wrote:
Playeroftau wrote:
RexDark wrote: You mean a frozen river with enemies (including armored orcs) coming at you and a troll with some kind of cannon at the end?
Just stay on the land.
Well I finally beat it... I had to spam lightning like a crazy mo-fo but I got past it. also I found that keeping the staff of war rather than obtaining the scythe helped a lot. also is the M60 in an previous chapter? I hape I haven't missed it.

RexDark

Post by RexDark » 29 Jan 2011, 17:51

Playeroftau wrote:
RexDark wrote:
Playeroftau wrote: I know how to do it, but every time something goes wrong. Most of the time the troll hits me with a cannon ball, and I either drown or get swamped by the armored orcs. The arrow guys don't help either.
Just stay on the land.
Well I finally beat it... I had to spam lightning like a crazy mo-fo but I got past it. also I found that keeping the staff of war rather than obtaining the scythe helped a lot. also is the M60 in an previous chapter? I hape I haven't missed it.
You get it in the village of Dunderhead after protecting it if you managed to keep all the houses unharmed.
No signature here.

Playeroftau

Post by Playeroftau » 29 Jan 2011, 17:54

RexDark wrote:
Playeroftau wrote:
RexDark wrote: Just stay on the land.
You get it in the village of Dunderhead after protecting it if you managed to keep all the houses unharmed.
Well I accidentally blew one up so... dang.

Lathania
Retired

Post by Lathania » 09 Feb 2011, 08:07

itbarany wrote:I had to :lol:
Send me this picture sans the words! Will most definitely come in handy.

Polnadian

Re: Why I'm buying Magicka and so should you

Post by Polnadian » 11 Feb 2011, 00:49

We should organize a lobby and play co-op!

BTW: My Steam name is "The Polnadian"

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Feb 2011, 03:56

So you guys know, the language is not a Sims rip-off. It's actually Sedish (or Norse). And the word for 'party' is amazing. I'll have to buy the game, I just played it at a friend's. The same friend who introduced me to Minecraft.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

davejavu
Rodney

Post by davejavu » 20 Feb 2011, 07:09

SNEAKY
Thank you SO MUCH for the reccomnedation, I LOVE MAGICKA!!!!!