BF3 on PS3 impressions

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Sti_Jo_Lew

BF3 on PS3 impressions

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 30 Sep 2011, 00:38

Well, I played a couple hours today, and here's what I think.

The visuals and audio are amazing, and the guns feel great to use. I absolutely love the ability to toggle between semi-automatic and full auto fire, although I wish some guns such as the M16 had a three round burst option like it does in real life. I'm a big fan of sneaking up to a good cover spot, then popping up with a LMG, setting up your bipod, and laying waste to all those unfortunate enough to be in front of you.

The attachments availiable are great, although I fail to see the use of a laser sight, unless you're a fan of giving your position away as soon as you spawn. Right now I'm loving the semi-auto sniper rifles with the ACOG scope. It feels like a FAL, which happens to be my favorite gun on CoD.

There are a few bugs, namely issues with clipping through the ground and random white flashes that occur for no reason. These are likely to be fixed though. Another problem I have with the game is the fact that you can't leave a server between rounds.

I have one major issue with this game: Teamwork.
Actually, the lack of teamwork. I've been in about 20 matches, on 10 servers, and have yet to see a teammate drop a medpack or ammo box for someone other than himself. When attacking, my teammates all just hang back as Recon, never bothering to help cover a point with supporting fire to place down a mobile spawnpoint in a place that benefits the team.

Also, where are the damn vehicles? This is Battlefield, is it not?
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: BF3 on PS3 impressions

Post by SneakyPie » 30 Sep 2011, 06:22

Lasers are great for when you prefer a more running and gunning styles as you rarely need to bring sithgts up to shoot someone.

The Glock 17 is a fantastic pistol because of this.

Works better indoors, such as the tunnels, in Metro.

I personally don't use them and prefer the suppressor for my weapons.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 30 Sep 2011, 11:13

im downloading it now. il tell you guys what i think by editing this post :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 30 Sep 2011, 11:37

Ok vall. I'll add you later when I go on my PS3. Forgot to yesterday.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 30 Sep 2011, 22:19

Those "White Flashes" Are lens glare. :D
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Oct 2011, 01:46

no Mike we can see Lens Glare. this is where you move slightly and your ENTIRE SCREEN GOES BURNING WHITE! and then off and on again as your running about. i dont know what it is but it is NOT lens flare :?
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 01 Oct 2011, 11:08

vallorn wrote:no Mike we can see Lens Glare. this is where you move slightly and your ENTIRE SCREEN GOES BURNING WHITE! and then off and on again as your running about. i dont know what it is but it is NOT lens flare :?

That would be a tactical light, useful for blinding enemy's at close range, but it has a nasty habit of giving you away almost as well as if you'd been spotted.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 01 Oct 2011, 15:47

it isnt. the screen just goes white in certain areas. Bum ive been playing this 2 days. i can tell whats lens flare or Tac Lights and whats this bug. :(
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 01 Oct 2011, 17:23

It is a bug. I've tested it, and it happens even if you're standing against a wall while looking at it, with no one around. A lot of clipping through the floor too, but only in the outside portion of the map, which I don't like quite as much since there are no vehicles when there should be.