Sonic Speedruns

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Tomenaki
Retired

Sonic Speedruns

Post by Tomenaki » 15 Feb 2012, 14:30

I've always been intrigued by the ability of people to zip through these games and I've always loved to see what other people find and what others can do. I figured, since there isn't a dedicated thread for something like this, I figured it would be fun to share things like this.

It doesn't have to be from the new games, so feel free to share from all eras of Sonic.

Now here comes the selfless plug section. I've actually been putting up some speed runs of my own, which I'll post here as well, but I'll share a few great ones from various people as well.

Here's one of my runs on Sonic Generations.

But honestly, I think this guy is a ton better than anything I could ever do.

Another talented speed runner here as well.

Feel free to share, everyone.

Furdabip
Poop

Re: Sonic Speedruns

Post by Furdabip » 15 Feb 2012, 20:35

I watch lots of speedruns for funzies. Not usually Sonic ones, though, as I never played Sonic in my childhood, so have no nostalgia for him.

At any rate, I'm sure YOU know, but for others, there's 2 good sites to watch speed runs at;

Speed Demos Archive - Hosting legitimate speed runs of games.
TAS Videos - Tool-assisted speed runs. Usually more "entertaining" or "amazing" to see what can be done with the game.

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 15 Feb 2012, 20:55

GOTTA GO FAST

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 15 Feb 2012, 22:12

furdabip wrote:I watch lots of speedruns for funzies. Not usually Sonic ones, though, as I never played Sonic in my childhood, so have no nostalgia for him.

At any rate, I'm sure YOU know, but for others, there's 2 good sites to watch speed runs at;

Speed Demos Archive - Hosting legitimate speed runs of games.
TAS Videos - Tool-assisted speed runs. Usually more "entertaining" or "amazing" to see what can be done with the game.
Ah thanks for those links, Furd. I know about the sites, though I'd like to see what other people find as well. Some of those runs on Speed Demo and TAS are rather insane though.
Godavari wrote:GOTTA GO FAST
And yes. =p

Tomenaki
Retired

Post by Tomenaki » 17 Feb 2012, 03:55

I hate to double post, but I just had to share this most recent destruction of a stage in Sonic Generations.

I'd like to add that on my best day I have only been able to barely scrape under 5 minutes on this stage... what this guy does is insane.