The Division

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
DistortedStu
Retired

The Division

Post by DistortedStu » 26 Feb 2014, 05:48

Hey guys.

As some of you know I've been working on the Division for the past [REDACTED] months(ish).

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about the game and if they are looking forward to it. Just a general discussion. I would be nice for me to get an outside perspective.

(Also, i can't go into any details that have not already been disclosed by Ubisoft. Sorry :P) :geek:
Predictably unpredictable at being unpredictably predictable.

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: The Division

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 26 Feb 2014, 08:09

Afraid I've not heard of it before

Edit: Looked up the E3 reveal - looked interesting (also pretty) but I was put off by the online aspect.

DistortedStu
Retired

Post by DistortedStu » 26 Feb 2014, 08:48

Its one of those games where people cant wait for it, or theyve never heard of it haha

True the online thing does seem like a bite but I can understand why it's there for this game. Unfortunitly most games in the future will soon be "MUST HAVE ONLINE" bound.

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 26 Feb 2014, 14:36

It looks amazing this is probably on my top 5 most excited games 2014-2015
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 26 Feb 2014, 15:42

The Division? What's it even about? All I gathered from it was that it had this super realistic ultra mega HD interactive environment engine with "teh real pixelz" and the sort - I know absolutely nothing else of the setting and what sort of storyline it's supposed to have.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 26 Feb 2014, 19:14

Inv check out www.thedivisiongame.com for info on the story, they've got a good description up that doesn't give away the storyline.

Looks really cool, but the online isn't a pro for me either :/ online as an option is great, but I like to play stuff on my own on occasion and it sucks when that isn't an option at all. However, I'll still probably get this game just cause it looks so damn awesome.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 27 Feb 2014, 00:01

I saw the videos from E3 and was impressed, and then saddened that it was console-only.

Then happiness when I heard that they changed their minds and were going to make a PC version (not a port) as well.

I loved World in Conflict, so I'm hopeful that Massive will deliver on a solid PC version. The game looks great.

P.S.: You're working at Massive Entertainment, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

DistortedStu
Retired

Post by DistortedStu » 27 Feb 2014, 06:21

BTW guys you can play this game completely single player. ll you need is a on-line connection. You can avoid all PVP if you wish the only contact made with another player would be for trading items.

Also, TEH PIXELZ

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 27 Feb 2014, 15:02

DistortedStu wrote:BTW guys you can play this game completely single player. ll you need is a on-line connection.
Why would you need an online connection if you plan to play singleplayer? Fracking DRM...
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 27 Feb 2014, 18:26

DistortedStu wrote:BTW guys you can play this game completely single player. ll you need is a on-line connection. You can avoid all PVP if you wish the only contact made with another player would be for trading items.

Also, TEH PIXELZ
Well I don't plan on gaming on my pc anywhere without internet so this makes me very happy indeed :) DRM only bothered me when my internet was as fast as something really slow (couldnt think of what to put there i am very tired)
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.