Good MMO?

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
JosephLee

Good MMO?

Post by JosephLee » 11 Nov 2010, 23:10

Anyone know of any good free MMO games? Something that takes more skill than time leveling up.
My house= Outside east gate past Crossroads Mall. While not as impressive as some of the others, it's made out of OBSIDIAN.

Gravytrain
Professional

Re: Good MMO?

Post by Gravytrain » 11 Nov 2010, 23:17

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

JosephLee

Post by JosephLee » 12 Nov 2010, 01:38

I was kinda looking for something more specific. I don't have the time to try all of the games out to see what I like. Actually, I'm just really going ADHD on my Single player MC right now.
My house= Outside east gate past Crossroads Mall. While not as impressive as some of the others, it's made out of OBSIDIAN.

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 12 Nov 2010, 13:58

Have you tried EVE Online? Its turning out to be quite fun :)
Check out my Store, Now Open in New Escapia! Well, I guess its gone now, but you can always check the thread for laughs!....I guess? :)

JosephLee

Post by JosephLee » 12 Nov 2010, 14:16

It costs money though, doesn't it? I'm trying to save up for a drum set and don't want to spend any money.

Deofuta

Post by Deofuta » 12 Nov 2010, 14:44

Sorry, missed the all inportant word.

How about Knight Online? http://www.gamersfirst.com/knightonlineworld/

It was quite fun for the time I played it. Works similiar to WoW.
Check out my Store, Now Open in New Escapia! Well, I guess its gone now, but you can always check the thread for laughs!....I guess? :)

Torrent_Talon

Post by Torrent_Talon » 13 Nov 2010, 07:34

Allods Online was good until i went to null in EvE
Image [SSSS]

Playeroftau

Post by Playeroftau » 14 Nov 2010, 18:34

I just started to play Vindictus
http://vindictus.nexon.net/
It's more of an rpg dungeon crawler where you can party up with other people than a traditional MMO, but I find the combat much more entertaining, the graphics are good, and I found the story half interesting rather than other free MMO's I've played.
So not a true MMO, but very fun.

Infesord
Retired

Post by Infesord » 16 Nov 2010, 08:30

Yeah I don't know of any free ones to recommend. I used to play Runescape a really long time ago when it was all simple and 2D and silly free fun. I played WoW enough to acquire 10 level 80's, and might check Cataclysm out (or maybe just to make those 80's 85's :roll: )

Right now though i actually play another MMO-like (sort of) game, Global Agenda. It's a Third Person Shooter with 4 Unique classes to play as, Jet packs, melee combat and some open world stuff. It's downloaded and played through Steam, and i believe you can play for free on the Trial account, which allows you level up to level 15 or so to get a feel for it, which sucks cause ALL the cool stuff is when you hit levels 30 through 44 (50 is the Max). Sadly for me it is MOSTLY PvP orientated with a lot of the game based around it's AvA system, but i still play it for it's PvE content that it offers (10 player Raids = awesome)

There are A LOT of coupon or referral systems that can cut the price of the purchase of the game by a bit. For example I believe i can offer you a referral code and that benefits me and you if you're interested.

JosephLee

Post by JosephLee » 16 Nov 2010, 18:24

yeah, i used to play rune untill i realized it was a crappy game. now i play aq worlds just becuase i like the art style. that and the little puns in it make my day (for example one of the npc's name is Mozzy Mogbourne and the area he's in is called Stairway to Haven). I'll be sure to check those out.

Little note, I love games that offer a lot of visual customization. For example, being able to add elemental effects to weps or change armor colors. stuff like that.

OptimusHagrid
Retired

Post by OptimusHagrid » 17 Nov 2010, 03:33

If you want to try something a little different you could always try Kingdom of Loathing. Combat is rather old fashioned and the graphics are... well, stickmen, but it's probably one of the funniest games I've ever played.

Realm of the Mad God is rather fun as well, sorta like a mad Zelda, even though you can reach the level cap in about 15 minutes. It's heaps of fun to team up with a bunch of strangers and create a devastating 'rape train'. It's quite a sight.

I should probably note these and Runescape are the only MMOs I've played. Ever.

Cho
Retired

Post by Cho » 17 Nov 2010, 07:23

I haven't played this in years, but I believe that Everquest or EQ II now has a free to play option. And I thought LOTR online did now as well.
Before all else, be armed. -Machiavelli

Korten

Post by Korten » 17 Nov 2010, 18:08

Wait for Guild Wars 2, but get GW1, all of its expansions, don't worry no monthly fees for either, just a one time fee of the game box.

Guildwars2.com

guildwars.com

JosephLee

Post by JosephLee » 17 Nov 2010, 18:56

Yeah, i know about guildwars. I'm strongly considering buying it becuase it's the only game i've seen that takes a brain. my friend made a class that is literally invincible to debuffs. They just heal him. I'd probably end up eing the summoner class, the thought of having an army of demonic minions always makes me giggle!

itbarany

Post by itbarany » 30 Nov 2010, 07:35

My favorite is cabal.

Easy to get in to, quite fast lvling, etc...
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Outsider"

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 02 Dec 2010, 06:50

Cho wrote:And I thought LOTR online did now as well.
It does indeed. Unfortunately, I started it just before I bought Minecraft, so it's been largely ignored. :D

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

rembrandtq
Site Contributor

Post by rembrandtq » 20 Jan 2011, 16:49

DDO (dungeons and dragons online) is free and has months of gameplay without spending a dime.

But I would recommend leveling a toon to level 4 or 5, then buying the cheapest point pack, that unlocks 4 char slots and unlimited AH usage for $6.

If anyone wants help or just to be hooked up I'm on the Khyber server, my guild is The Balance and my main characters are Masster, Jkrauserii, and Healbotbarrd

Cyphafrost

Post by Cyphafrost » 07 Jun 2011, 16:35

Despite the fact I haven't played it in a while, I would reccomend Maplestory. (www.maplestory.com)

It has a really long download time, but the game has almost no lag.

If anyone does download it and play it, join the world "windia" (all the worlds are the same, it's just to reduce lag.) I'm a level 45 fire mage called Cyphaflame in that world, you can friend me if you wish, and I can help you.
CUT: Director of Evil Laughs and Head Scientist of WMD's (Weapons of Mass Downsizing)

Derp

Chapelz

Post by Chapelz » 07 Jun 2011, 18:23

i skimmed a lot of the responses and a lot of those games require grinding levels more than skillfully playing the game. Try League of Legends, I'm an avid player and not bad at the game. It's completely free and the only thing players are allowed to buy are skins for characters so you cant buy your way into pro level. Instead, you have to have skill lol. http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 08 Jun 2011, 17:22

Holy crap. If your post wasn't a necro, I don't know what is. I started this thread before Christmas, when I got my Sti_Jo_Lew account.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 08 Jun 2011, 17:57

Runes of magic, enough said.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Jun 2011, 17:59

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:Holy crap. If your post wasn't a necro, I don't know what is. I started this thread before Christmas, when I got my Sti_Jo_Lew account.
Chap obviously has 2 colorless and one black mana spare
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 09 Jun 2011, 18:41

You need to start using that picture on every necroed thread now. :D
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 09 Jun 2011, 18:56

Sti_Jo_Lew wrote:You need to start using that picture on every necroed thread now. :D
i do my best... but doing to every thread would be spamming. and i try to steer clear of that. :)
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 09 Jun 2011, 19:27

/me draws card
/me has a surprised face which slowly turn into a smirk
/me casts STOP CITIZEN!