Skyrim Bi***es :D

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
vallorn

Re: Skyrim Bi***es :D

Post by vallorn » 13 Dec 2011, 19:45

near starting level Unarmed. Punched Out Alduin.

...yeah that final boss fight sucked.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 14 Dec 2011, 10:48

Apparently some people get alduin with the backwards flying bug. 10x more difficult!
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 16 Dec 2011, 20:25

well...
they got the actual charecter models correct and they can face the right direction and move.
that's a bloomin good start for modding a Single Player game into a Multiplayer game...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 17 Dec 2011, 02:17

I am now a werewolf on it :D

MrJKapowey

Post by MrJKapowey » 17 Dec 2011, 14:34

SKYRIM GUARDS! Y U NO MAKE UP YOUR MIND?

I had one in Winterhold tell me that he both 'used to be an adventurer like [me], until [he] took an arrow to the knee', and that he 'used to be a soldier, until [he] took a sword through the chest'.
'Dum-dums we ain't!'

Thanks to CaitxxSith on DeviantART for the free avatars.

Post by 697134002 » 17 Dec 2011, 14:48

Maybe both happened to him.
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 17 Dec 2011, 19:31

Also val that gu did it without the incomig January Creation kit thing!

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 17 Dec 2011, 19:52

697134002 wrote:Maybe both happened to him.
If so that is one unlucky man, also a friend of mine as been saying that Skyrim is terrible :o , so when he came round today i gave him the controller and told him to have fun... he ended up spending twenty minutes trying to kill Olfrid Battle-born in the process reducing the entire population of Whiterun to 2, now he thinks Skyrim is amazing.
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 27 Dec 2011, 20:15

Alright, so I just got this game and I'm loving it so far. However, I've got a bit of an issue. Textures for fire (as well as some frost magic) don't appear. When I cast Flames, I don't see the stream--my enemies catch on fire, but the texture for the spell itself is missing. This is also true for some ice spells, as well as almost any fire in the game, whether it be a hearth or a dragon's breath or a campfire or what have you. In addition, I'm doing the College of Winterhold quest where you have to
Spoiler! :
Focus the light in the Dwemer Oculary
and the beams of light are extremely, extremely faint. Much fainter than in pictures of a properly working game. Most of the other stuff didn't annoy me too much, but this is making the quest impossible to complete. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 27 Dec 2011, 20:48

Well first off try googling the problem to see if it's a known issue. My only suggestion is to try some different display drivers, it sounds like an unsupported shader or something.
If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall the game.
The staff here are all trolls

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 27 Dec 2011, 22:23

If it's on PC (I'm assuming it is), then you'll probably need to update drivers as Jake said. Other than that, no clue. ._.

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 28 Dec 2011, 00:46

Yeah, the thing is that I can't find drivers for it. According to Windows, it's on the latest version, though I don't trust it wholly. I went out to the manufacturer's website and it seems as if they don't even acknowledge my graphics card model's existence. It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series. My half-hour of Googling turned up no results for that. .-.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 28 Dec 2011, 03:30

What OS are you running? Certain systems can't use the latest DirectX (10.1, I think) and that will seriously hinder your gaming experience. Make sure all your other gaming-related software is up to date, too.

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 28 Dec 2011, 05:49

Godavari wrote:Yeah, the thing is that I can't find drivers for it. According to Windows, it's on the latest version, though I don't trust it wholly. I went out to the manufacturer's website and it seems as if they don't even acknowledge my graphics card model's existence. It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series. My half-hour of Googling turned up no results for that. .-.
Ati radeon tend to be shitty when it comes to the drivers and having them for certain models mine doesn't show up either. have you got the catalyst control centre installed?
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 28 Dec 2011, 11:35

I'm running Win7 64-bit and everything should be up-to-date, unless I've just gone and missed something retarded. I don't have Catalyst Control Center. Shall I grab that?

Darktaint
Retired

Post by Darktaint » 28 Dec 2011, 15:38

Godavari wrote:I'm running Win7 64-bit and everything should be up-to-date, unless I've just gone and missed something retarded. I don't have Catalyst Control Center. Shall I grab that?
It's useful to have :D might solve your problem.
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. - Gandalf the Grey

Iron_Fang
Retired

Post by Iron_Fang » 29 Dec 2011, 13:43

LS13
Retired

Post by LS13 » 31 Dec 2011, 01:30

So, first time I played I went to see the Gray Beards at what, like level 5 or something. I decided I made too many crap choices in that game and deleted it around level 20. So I start over as a Kajit, and decide to become level 12 before facing that retarded troll on the way up. In the time I spent gaining those levels, I became a werewolf and acquired a house carl. Let me tell you, possibly the most hilarious thing I've seen so far in Skyrim, other than a chicken pushing a dragon skeleton across a city, is a troll running in fear from a werewolf not quite its size. It was all fun and laughs until my housecarl stepped in front of me and was soon flying over the edge of a cliff :D
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 31 Dec 2011, 03:42

ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 31 Dec 2011, 09:45

The Bum wrote:
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Maykxor
Site Contributor

Post by Maykxor » 30 Jan 2012, 16:07

I just thought I'd share this
Some people think in pictures, others think in words. I think in pictures with subtitles.
Quotes from cool people I've met over the years:
sobamushi "Maykxor your avatar makes me wanna dance ._.! "
MissKatieKillU: "WHAT THE F***ING F*** IS GOING ON IN MY F***ING ROLEPLAY?"
"I think you may have problems, my friend."
Sole ScuroThis: "This is the part where you scream sexual slurs in my face and I belt you."

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 31 May 2012, 11:03

Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 31 May 2012, 12:10

so... awesome...
OI YOU!
YES YOU!

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 31 May 2012, 13:07

Lets do a recap of what the trailer tells us.
  • 1. New Landmasses are added. The snowy island where the Vampire fortress is located, and another one is a region in the Rift where the Dawnguard are located.
  • 2. We can join either the Dawnguard or the Vampires. The Vampires seem to have the most awesome gameplay then the Dawnguards.
  • 3. The Vampires is of course loyal to Molag Bal.
  • 4. The Elder Scroll is used as a weapon as shown in two scenes.
  • 5. Vampire Lord form and some other vampire powers, will be fun to see how much of the powers you will get and how much will only be for npc/creatures.
  • 6. The realm that is shown looks like the Oblivion plane of Coldharbour, that belongs to Molag Bal.
  • 7. Crossbows are added and the bolts are located on our hips.
  • 8. Nightmare horse.
  • 9. And a Dragon flies into a lake ._. Well, dragons will still be a part of the game.
  • 10. We might be able to turn Skyrim into a vampire homeland, replacing a regular sun with a red one so also change how Skyrim looks.
  • 11.Oh yeah, we will get capes.
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 31 May 2012, 13:15

I'm glad this thread is still here so I can tell you guys about my issues.

I'm still having the same problem as before. Things like fire, beams of light, magic auras, smoke, the time rift, some transparent people (Meridia and Hermaeus Mora), and many others simply aren't there. I don't know what to do.

My setup is a Toshiba laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series display adapter. The ATI site tells me their drivers don't work for Toshiba laptops. Why that is, I cannot comprehend. The Toshiba site tells me the latest update for my card's drivers was in 2010, and from what I've found by Googling the problem, others have talked to Toshiba and found that they have no plans of updating it, ever. So nobody has drivers for me. What the hell do I do?

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 01 Jun 2012, 04:46

BUY A NEW LAPTOP HURR DURR!!! Okay, I have no idea about drivers and stuff like that, so I can't give you any help.
You are sure the problem is because of the graphic card?
And your laptop, how good is it suppose to run Skyrim? Might be fixes fid some changes with the .ini files and maybe a unoffical patch.

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 01 Jun 2012, 08:49

Out of all of the changes, I'm super exited about capes.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 01 Jun 2012, 16:36

I'm excited abut crossbows. I LOVED crossbows in Morrowind, and using them while on horseback... I'm excited.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 04 Jun 2012, 07:46

Seem we have gotten some more informasjon about Dawnguard.
  • Two new perk trees; one for Lycanthropy, one for Vampirism. Instead of spending points to add perks, the skills go up as you kill enemies with the new powers.
  • The Lycanthropy Skill Tree includes perks such as Animal Vigor, Savage Feeding, and Totem of the Moon.
  • Joining forces with Harkon, leader of the Volkihar Vampires, transforms you into a Master Vampire. The transformation is similar to Lycanthropy, and offers unique powers.
  • One such power is Vampiric Grip, telepathically suspending foes as you feed- basically, a vampire Force Choke.
    Vampires can also levitate and turn into clouds of bats.
  • Vampires gain access to Castle Volkihar, where they can get unique Blood Potions that heal, and count as vampiric feeding.
  • Joining the Dawnguard gives you new weapons and armor- including the crossbows seen in the trailor. They’re governed by Archery perks, of course. You also obtain access to Fort Dawnguard.
  • Dragonbone weapons!
  • New Shouts! One of them is called Soul Tear; raises an enemy’s soul as an undead minion.
  • Character makeover! A new character settles in the Ratway. Race and sex are locked, but you can change your facial features, hair, eye color, etc.
  • New Enemies- Legendary Draons are now the top of the Dragon food chain. Also included are Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls
  • A plane of Oblivion called the Soul Cairn can be visited. It’s full of uundead, and isn’t ruled by a Daedric Prince, but by the Ideal Masters, those who have played Redguard might remember this plaine.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 04 Jun 2012, 17:21

Hmm.... become werewolf... get crossbow.. idk what to do....

Crossbows it is. I wonder if you can use a shield with them like in Morrowind.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE