Shogun 2 Escapecraft Clan

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Shogun 2 Escapecraft Clan

Post by Invunarble » 15 Apr 2012, 15:17

Well, that useless website known as Google tells me nothing about it, so do feel free to explain I suppose.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 15 Apr 2012, 15:32

The Dog pile defence is a slang term for the common occurrence where the AI recruits large numbers (Think around 1 and a half stacks) a puts them in and around their capitol. Usually the clan has only one region as well, thus making them an extreme pain to eradicate. No matter how smart one is, large numbers still get in the way.
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 15 Apr 2012, 17:08

I have never used that sort of strategy in my life >_> <_<
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 15 Apr 2012, 17:19

Going from the older TW games, it's my favoured defence strategy for frontline settlements if I'm not planning on expanding from them (they make very good staging points though if required). Generally enemies are unwilling to attack them but instead prolong sieges, but are quite willing to attack a slightly less defended frontline settlement (defended enough to succeed, but not enough to deter enemies). I consider settlements poorly defended if they don't have stone walls because you can massacre armies with arrows so long as you hold them. So after I've destroyed an enemy army in defence, I send the giant army I've had waiting on the borders into enemy territory while they're still weak.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 15 Apr 2012, 17:47

Ah, dogpile defense. Quite annoying when you would be taking out smaller nations in Empire Total War (since i've never played Shogun, and Napoleon doesn't really have this issue) like Savoy, or Genoa, or those damned Moroccoians, because you would end up facing 2-3 stacks of units just sitting around their region because the AI only kept recruiting, and recruiting, and recruiting, because they had nobody to fight. -_-
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Xan_Krieger

Post by Xan_Krieger » 27 Apr 2012, 02:44

Invunarble wrote:Ah, dogpile defense. Quite annoying when you would be taking out smaller nations in Empire Total War (since i've never played Shogun, and Napoleon doesn't really have this issue) like Savoy, or Genoa, or those damned Moroccoians, because you would end up facing 2-3 stacks of units just sitting around their region because the AI only kept recruiting, and recruiting, and recruiting, because they had nobody to fight. -_-
Happens in Shogun when playing as the Shimaza (think that's right). The clan immediately to your north only has one territory and even if you get 3 before going after them it's just so many freakin units. Also somehow they gain levels just by sitting there so I'm fighting elite units I doubt they can even afford. I swear the AI gets extra money because if they had my finances they would not be able to pull it off.
<Tanis> you win xan, you win

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 14 Aug 2012, 10:44

Anyone still playing this? Just bought it for 15 quid and need some tips.