Oblivion

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
andy25100
Retired

Re: Oblivion

Post by andy25100 » 15 Aug 2011, 15:56

UndeadJesus wrote:
Hytro wrote:As I just cleaned up my comp and reinstalled Oblivion.
Before I did that, I had 4 data folders >.>
One clean data as a backup and when I mod myself.
Then my massive data folder was on 43.6 GB
Not so massive 18.7 GB
And the simple thats just simple mods 11.3 GB
I lose. :(
You never had a chance
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 15 Aug 2011, 16:04

Yeah, as a fyi, the big data folder was very... unstable :P I had it mainly to see how many mods I could get together and then making them all able to work together without colliding and if they did, fix the problem :D
Iya AyemMeht YahklemOhtYoodtRoht DothAyemEkemDothRothIyaCess LyrOthRothDoth
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 15 Aug 2011, 16:07

I'm thinking about making some kind of lets play with oblivion... but I have no idea how that shit works >.>
If anyone maybe have some useful links for me, that would be appreciated.
And if I start making lets plays about Oblivion, I will have a own Data folder for it, so I will ask you for mods to use in it :D (No point posting mods before I have actually decided )
Iya WebIyaLyrLyr CessOhtNethSethYoodtMehtEkem YahkemOthYoodtRoth SethOhtYoodtLyr

UndeadJesus

Post by UndeadJesus » 15 Aug 2011, 17:28

What do you need help with exactly?

If it's about what software to use I would suggest FRAPS ($40 AUD), you can use FRAPS for live coms (commentating as you play) and if you plan on doing let's plays recording your commentating after you have recorded the video, I would suggest Audacity, or something along those lines, and then you would need a video editor to skip through tedious bits and to implement your commentating audio.

Hope that helps.

P.S: sorry for any bad grammar. I'm using my IPod Touch ;(

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 15 Aug 2011, 17:59

Great :D I actually found a good lets play tutorial as you posted it xD

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 15 Aug 2011, 19:20

OMG!!! My voice is horrible QQ
I guess I'll have to edit edit edit it >.>
And I always seem to screw up while talking and end up talking in a loop to get that one word >.>
yey for not having english as first language -.-

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 15 Aug 2011, 19:53

If you're doing a let's play tell us who to sub, that and with you're massive mod folder you could become the alchestbreach of oblivion :D
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 15 Aug 2011, 19:58

If I do a Oblivion Lets Play I will tell you ;)
I'm actually "working" on it now, well, trying to make my voice sound non derp -.-
Norwegian and English does not go good together sadly -.- I guess you have to bear with me if I do it...
I guess this will be one of those project you have to become better at as you do it :P

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 16 Aug 2011, 02:16

Make those Lets Play's that are super funny and random :D Also the emperor touched him self! :O

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 16 Aug 2011, 06:52

Yeah, I made a thread in the Lounge, go there and suggest mods and stuff for me to use in the lets play :D

Hytro
Retired

Post by Hytro » 16 Jul 2012, 12:12

This is a very nice and easy tutorial on how to install some of the graphic extenders and some of the utilities for Oblivion, it will show you how to get your Oblivion game graphics much better. Some of the mods and utilities are a must have for all modding, but some of the graphic mods are purely out of choice and taste, but this is a good start to get into the modding.

And also of you have not played Oblivion and you just can't start playing it now because you are used to Skyrim's graphics? Follow this tutorial and your Oblivion will look MUCH better and you wont have much problems with the graphics.

Link to the playlist of the tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

Sadly his tutorial does not show you how to use the different utilities, and he does not seem to understand the use of Wrye Bash and how it is the God tool for modding your game and keeping it stable. So ignore when he says he does not like Wrye Bash, he is a fool in that field :P

I have added this to the OP in a spoiler tag.
And I'm wondering, should I make a modding thread for Skyrim also? Make it like this one? With also lore stuff that maybe someone is wondering about?

What? I'm a Daedric Prince, ofc I can resurrect threads