Mass Effect 3

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Invunarble
Site Contributor

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Invunarble » 13 Apr 2012, 17:07

-Information no longer relevant-
Last edited by Invunarble on 06 Dec 2012, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 13 Apr 2012, 17:23

Spoiler! :
I again state that I very much doubt that a fan theory dredged up to rewrite the game's ending in a way that makes it palatable to whoever thought of it, is in any sense what Bioware was trying to do. If it is what the fan really thinks is true I would consider him an Illusive Man in his own right.

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 13 Apr 2012, 18:22

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I certainly understand those issues.
Spoiler! :
By Deus Ex Machina do you mean the Crucible or the Catalyst? Or possibly both? Concerning the Crucible, I'd sort've already prepared for something along its lines since I couldn't think of much else that would stop the reapers. Whilst it wasn't unexpected to me when the term "superweapon" was first mentioned, I can see how that would be disappointing.

The Catalyst itself though, and its logic, are probably the biggest "lolwut" moment in the ending.
Spoiler! :
I was referring to the catalyst. I was perfectly fine with the crucible. I expected some sort of super weapon. I quite liked how all the races worked together to protect and guard it, too. I was also no amused at how readily Shepard accepted the little bugger's "explanation".
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 21 Apr 2012, 15:49

It is done!
Spoiler! :
Scumbag Catalyst.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 01 Aug 2012, 23:21

Necroing this because the Extended Cut DLC came out a while ago, it basically adds on to each ending choice.

If you downloaded it and tried it out, tell me your thoughts on it.

Personally, i'm glad they released that, I was pretty pissed with the lack of explanation in the endings. I just watched each one on Youtube simply due to the fact that i'm too lazy to go and replay the whole ME3 ending just to see 5 minutes of extra footage.

The Bum
Retired

Post by The Bum » 01 Aug 2012, 23:32

Invunarble wrote:Necroing this because the Extended Cut DLC came out a while ago, it basically adds on to each ending choice.

If you downloaded it and tried it out, tell me your thoughts on it.

Personally, i'm glad they released that, I was pretty pissed with the lack of explanation in the endings. I just watched each one on Youtube simply due to the fact that i'm too lazy to go and replay the whole ME3 ending just to see 5 minutes of extra footage.
Spoiler! :
Fixes a few plot holes, but it's still shit in my opinion.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_E ... tended_Cut
ImageImage
Non sibi sed patriae

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 02 Aug 2012, 00:12

Spoiler below <.<
Spoiler! :
The reason I am mainly happy this DLC was released is because it saves the entire Mass Effect story from being tossed in the garbage. For example, with the Destroy Ending and the DLC, It shows that there is possible room for a sequel (even though it's making it another cliffhanger) and that Shepard could possibly be seen in future games as a secondary character or just in a cameo. Another example is with the Control Ending + DLC, It helps add room for another Mass Effect game (even though it wouldn't have Shepard in it) by showing that the entire galaxy didn't get entirely fucked up with the mass relays exploding and whatnot.

However, this DLC doesn't change my opinion on the other ending I didn't mention, which was Synthesis (I still can't pronounce that properly :\). Although "Infinite knowledge" seems pretty cool, I'm rather creeped out with everyone having green skin and green eyes.

Also, a fourth ending option was added that is abseloutely silly, which is Refusal, meaning Shepard doesn't fire the crucible and everyone gets nomm'd on by the Reapers. I really have no clue why they would implement something as stupid as this, because it throws away the whole potential for sequels while also destroying everything the series built up over the three games published.