Good old games

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
Wildwill002

Good old games

Post by Wildwill002 » 26 Aug 2012, 15:54

Got a game that you played 10+ years ago that has just stuck with you and you still enjoyed? Why not say here?

Basically put games from 2002 and before that you still remember. For me i'd put ratchet and clank 1, Age of Mythology and Dungeon Keeper 2 on this list :)
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

LS13
Retired

Re: Good old games

Post by LS13 » 26 Aug 2012, 15:58

Wildwill002 wrote:...ratchet and clank 1...
Yes.
Daemon wrote:I'm going to draw the fuck out of this egg.

minnerthecat
Retired

Post by minnerthecat » 26 Aug 2012, 16:57

I still play Age of Empires 1, 2 and Age of Mythology from time to time, there's a quality about them that just keeps me coming back.
Orange and white, but not quite right.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 26 Aug 2012, 17:11

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried tried Age of Mythology multiplayer minner (or anyone)?
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 26 Aug 2012, 18:20

All of the old games. These might be on the wrong side of it, but there's still nothing wrong with a bit of evil genius, black and white , and populous, or however you spell it.

Also
Ratchet and clank...
Agreed.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 26 Aug 2012, 19:58

Let's see... for my Genesis I played Shining Force, Comix Zone, Chameleon Kid, and Sonic 2. Then the old Pokemon games of course. Played the crap out of yellow version.

There was also this Toy Story 2 game on the PS1 that I loved. It's still a pretty good game.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

J4Numbers
Numbers

Post by J4Numbers » 26 Aug 2012, 20:03

Thanks for reminding me sti, croc for PS1 was one of the most infuriating games ever as I remember. But still awesome.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 26 Aug 2012, 20:42

Everybody strap in, I'm 'bout to open some fuckin' windows nostalgia. Prepare for more language too.

That's right, we're going to pretend that the Holy Grail of all sandboxes, the Lord of all GTA, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, came out two years earlier than it did so that it will qualify for this thread.

Have a fuckin' picture of this shit: it'll make your day! (Shit's wallpaper-size, too. You know you want it.)
big smoke.jpg
This game was my childhood. Most kids spent their days outside on swings or some shit, or playing basketball. Well I was never the athletic kid, nor the one who spent his days out in the sun (just kidding, it rains to all hell where I live); I was Carl Johnson. Born 'n' raised in Los Santos, I escaped to Liberty City to get away from the heat of my Grove Street hood. But once I caught wind of my mother's death I flew back down to San Andreas and into the shitstorm that is GTA: SA.

From the moment Carl's feet hit the ground in Los Santos, corrupt C.R.A.S.H. Officers Tenpenny and Pulaski (voiced by Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Penn, respectively) are on his ass to do their dirty work once again, just as it was before Carl left. But after he's been released from the grip of C.R.A.S.H.'s oh-so-hospitable finest, I spent my first few hours playing this game exploring part of one of the biggest game worlds I had ever seen, and getting acquainted with the locals.

Despite his standing later on in the game (no spoilers here), I hold particularly fond memories of Melvin Harris, AKA Carl's childhood friend Big Smoke (pictured above). From the moment I met Big Smoke, I couldn't get enough of him. Though missions including him toward the game's opening were nothing special, I remember them as having some of the best dialogue - my favorites were as follows: Big Smoke's lines in an early mission in which you take him to get some food from Burger Shot, where he rambles off order after order and then complains, "Damn it, CJ, you got ketchup all over the seat!" if you take the next corner too quickly; and "All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ," if you failed a later mission dubbed Wrong Side of the Tracks.

Surprisingly, I didn't get very far along in the storyline in spite of years spent playing San Andreas; only when I returned two or so years ago did I finally finish it and appreciate the mastery that was Rockstar's earlier work. However, most of my best memories in this game were contained in Los Santos, the most metropolitan area in the game and the only one that is immediately available to the player. My brother and I compiled a binder full of cheat codes, adding them as we discovered them, and wreaked havoc upon the LSPD and the city's civilians. I remember one that maxed out Carl's weight stat, leading to some very amusing shenanigans riding around town on a bicycle.

Anyway, I shouldn't bore you all more than I already have. Hopefully this has been something of a fun read.

Much love,
Afly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Invunarble
Site Contributor

Post by Invunarble » 27 Aug 2012, 03:16

Star Wars: Battlefront II.

That is all.
"The roses are red, but Invunarble is blue. Hit him with a puma." - Vallorn
"Baked fucking potato" - Lord Mountbatten, 2014

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Post by SneakyPie » 27 Aug 2012, 06:18

Wow, what you all consider "old games" is pretty funny.

Baldur's Gate I & II
Some NES games
Some SNES games

Ugh, there's too many.

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 27 Aug 2012, 12:24

Also just gonna slide in rollercoaster tycoon 2 in here
Spoiler! :

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'
               '-. ; .-'
              _.-;(_);-._
          _.-'   .'_'.   '-._
          \    .'/[+]\'.    /
           \_.' /     \ '._/
                |  _  |
                | [_] |
               /III III\
               `"""""""`

DuplicateValue
Retired

Post by DuplicateValue » 27 Aug 2012, 12:44

m477h3w1012 wrote:Thanks for reminding me sti, croc for PS1 was one of the most infuriating games ever as I remember. But still awesome.
Oh my god I forgot about that game. Those adorable little Gobbos.

The music was pretty good too.

"He's like fire, and ice, and rage.
He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
And... he's wonderful."

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 27 Aug 2012, 18:20

I 100%ed Spyro The Dragon on PS1 but my favorite old game has to be Daggerfall.

However my favorite classic series of all time is the Colony Wars space fighter games.
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

Someguy42

Post by Someguy42 » 27 Aug 2012, 22:39

Pokemon games, Croc, Ape Escape, Toy Story 1 and 2, Abe's Odyssey, Counter Strike 1.6, Tomb Raider, all the old Final Fantasy games, Age of Mythology and Age of Empires, Diablo, Spyro the Dragon, Brute Force, Mid Town Madness 3, Battlefield 1942. There are way too many SNES and PS1 games I can list so I'll leave them out. I'm probably missing a couple games but this should be plenty. :P